Character Updates

Afraid not... this rumor did not pan out.

But Bolt WAS there last week. We caught him Wednesday near Muppets 3D, taking turns with Jessie. He was having a pretty serious wardrobe malfunction while we were there, though, and kept going in and out.

Other characters I didn't expect to see included Max (Int'l Gateway entrance) and Thumper with Miss Bunny. For some reason, I thought Jiminy Cricket was leaving the Planet Watch, but we found him there as well.

But Bolt WAS there last week. We caught him Wednesday near Muppets 3D, taking turns with Jessie. He was having a pretty serious wardrobe malfunction while we were there, though, and kept going in and out.

Other characters I didn't expect to see included Max (Int'l Gateway entrance) and Thumper with Miss Bunny. For some reason, I thought Jiminy Cricket was leaving the Planet Watch, but we found him there as well.

I saw Bolt there too but was told he was only there because Muppets was closed. Muppets should be open again this week so I think he's gone again.

With Star Tours closing, I am wondering if they'll have characters there to fill the void until it re-opens. Any rumors? That would be coll as we are going in Sept and Star Tours will be closed. I would love to catch some SW characters. :thumbsup2

We will be @ DHS on June 4, SWW are there other character or just SW characters? I know this is a DUMB ? as it is SWW, DUH? but just courious... :lmao:

for those asking about star wars characters, i saw chewbacca out last week in the star tours area. i was happily surprised to see him and i was able to get a picture with him.

We will be @ DHS on June 4, SWW are there other character or just SW characters? I know this is a DUMB ? as it is SWW, DUH? but just courious... :lmao:

I'm curious about this as well. In particular, I would like to know if they still have the large character greetings at around 5pm at the Animation Building on a non Fantasmic night if it is on a SWW day.

Yes, other characters will still be out. I do not know if the Fantasmic greet still happen, but regularly scheduled characters such as Toy Story, Incredibles, Playhouse, etc. will all be out.

My son is dyring to see at least one of these guys at WDW.

toy_story_aliens2.jpg

Ever since he became obssesed with these critters I've come to find out they actually have a bit of a cult following. I don't want to give DS false hope, but he keeps asking about these guys. Any chance that the TS3 release will bring them out?

There's been no word that the aliens will be meetable, and seeing as how Lotso (from TS3) is already out at the Animation Building, I really doubt that anything else will change.

Sorry!

I've never been to the star wars weekend (and unless I have boys in my future I probably never will) but are Ewoks out for pictures?? I love Ewoks.

With Star Tours closing, I am wondering if they'll have characters there to fill the void until it re-opens. Any rumors? That would be coll as we are going in Sept and Star Tours will be closed. I would love to catch some SW characters. :thumbsup2

They did not have anyone out to cover RnR refurbishment, so unsure. It would be nice though!

Last year, the F! meet and greet went on as normal during SWW.

SWW characters and DHS characters are not related, so one group does not affect the other. In other words, all "normal" characters will still be out.

I'm curious about this as well. In particular, I would like to know if they still have the large character greetings at around 5pm at the Animation Building on a non Fantasmic night if it is on a SWW day.

Yes, Fant! sets will continue as normal. For more information click here.

I've never been to the star wars weekend (and unless I have boys in my future I probably never will) but are Ewoks out for pictures?? I love Ewoks.

An Ewok is available with Chewy. Click here for a list of SWW Characters.

Does anyone know if Mike & Sully still hang out near the Back-lot Tour at DHS?

Yep. Click here for the current list of DHS characters.

I saw Bolt there too but was told he was only there because Muppets was closed. Muppets should be open again this week so I think he's gone again.

Correct. Bolt was only out because of Muppets being closed. His last day was May 14.

A picture of Agent Oso has appeared on the Disney internal Cast Member website. No word on if/when he'll be coming to WDW, but he's apparently at DLR!

Berlioz,
Any update on what the Rapunzel/Flynn Rider "play and meet" will be?
Also, any news on what's happening with the Good Time Gathering Spot after 8/7?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter