• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Store at Hilton Head...

Josiah Harper

Earning My Ears
I know the Disney Store outlet store was closed months ago at the Hilton Head Outlet Mall, but it was my understanding that a store carrying WDW stuff would take its place.

Have any fellow DVCers been to HH lately...and know whether a new store has taken the other's place?

Thanks in advance for any updates!

Joe

We were at HH in July. There is a Disney Character Corner store at the Hilton Head Factory 2 outlet stores. They had a Grand Opening sign out by the road when we were there.

We were there in April/May...we walked past the new store (it's near Oshkosh B'Gosh and a Stride-Right Outlet). Sadly, it said it was opening in June/July.

Oh well, guess we need to make plans to go back :) We had a super time!

Enjoy

We visited there at the end of July and it was open for business (in the same location that the catalog outlet was in). In my opinion it is still very much like the catalog outlet except that it has more clothing overall.

The Disney Character Corner outlet stores in my area closed.:(

Does anyone know for certain if this one is still in business at HH? I'd hate to see members going there and being disappointed.

Regina - The Disney Character Corner was open when we were at HH in mid-July and still had their Grand Opening sign out by the highway.
It's also still listed on the website for the Hilton Head Factory Stores at www.shophiltonhead.com in their list of stores. If anyone wants to check before they go, the number listed for the Disney Character Corner is (843) 837-7878.

Sure hope this one stays open. I got some good deals on golf shirts for dh and some clothes for our baby granddaughter. I always feel like I'm 'neglecting' our DS9. Maybe Disney doesn't think boys that age like to wear Disney clothing?

I was there 2 weeks ago and posted this on the Budget Board when I got home:

"Character Corner in Hilton Head, SC!
I'm not sure where to post this. I just got home from shopping today and went to the new Character Corner at Hilton Head Factory Outlet Mall #2. I loved it! I haven't been over there since the Catalog Outlet closed earlier this year. That store was a joke, but I was really impressed today!

They had infant costumes, Cinderalla and Snow White, all size 18-24 months, as far as I could tell, for $5.99! I bought one for our niece. They had 450 of the "2000" pins (for pin trading) for 99 cents each, but one man bought them all! I bought an Animal Kingdom T-shirt for $6.99. They had lots of adult t-shirts and lots of baby and little kid clothes, not a whole lot for bigger kids.

I also bought a "ship in a bottle" model set for my friend's child, who LOVES Pirates of the Carribbean. It was regular $12, on sale for $5.99. It doesn't actually say "P of the C" on it anywhere, but I know I've seen them in the Pirate's gift shop. I bought my nephew some of the light-up things that are anywhere from $10 - $25 at Disney (we're going in October), which they had for $2.99 and up. I also got a cute fastpass holder for 99 cents.

I stayed in there forever just soaking up the magic and listening to the Disney soundtrack. I even explained to one man how fastpass worked (he thought he had to buy the fastpass holder for each person in his family to get a fastpass!) because the CMs there had no clue. Oh, they also had the huge blow up Mickey chair, that's close to $100 at the Disney Home Store at Downtown Disney, they had it for $24.99. I didn't get that, though!"

Don't know what's there now, as that was 2 weeks ago, but I was really impressed with the improvement in merchandise over what the Catalog outlet used to carry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter