Character Performer Auditions

Thank you so much!

(By the way.... Joanna, I'm new to this site but I just wanted to say I am really in awe of how much you know and how helpful and kind you are to everyone. Thank you. :flower3:)

Aww, thank you! :)

I am so excited! I amout 5' 1" I Think and about 100 lbs. I am auditioning at Disneyland in California to be a CP on July 31st I know I have to smile and be animated and all that, but anything else? Do I have to call some number and get a confirmation of some kind before I can audition, or do I just show up? I don't want to take a day's drive to California for nothing... I REALLY want this. I am almost 20 and NEED to get out of my parent's house. And I have ALWAYS wanted to work for Disneyland. If not a character, I want to work rides. Would I be able to apply for that if I don't get a CP? I live in Arizona but have a family member in Cali I would live with. Should I put his address on the form instead of my AZ one? I have very young looking features, most people think I am like 14, but i am almost 20. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be Alice. I am really good at the accent too. Anyone know what they r looking for this round? I know no one has posted on here since last year, so I am hoping for a response...
I wouldn't mind ANY role they give me, I just REALLY REALLY want this. I have wanted this for like 5 years now and now I finally get a chance. Anyone know how I can apply to do rides while I am at the audition, just in case I don't get a performer role? I am not incredibly hopeful I will get a role, I know there is a good chance I wont, but I REALLY want it and I hope they see that in me.
Since I live in AZ currently, I hope they don't count me out because of that. I will move in a second if I get a role. Oh and P.S., I am not in the college program. I'm just attending a CP audition!

I am so excited! I amout 5' 1" I Think and about 100 lbs. I am auditioning at Disneyland in California to be a CP on July 31st I know I have to smile and be animated and all that, but anything else? Do I have to call some number and get a confirmation of some kind before I can audition, or do I just show up? I don't want to take a day's drive to California for nothing... I REALLY want this. I am almost 20 and NEED to get out of my parent's house. And I have ALWAYS wanted to work for Disneyland. If not a character, I want to work rides. Would I be able to apply for that if I don't get a CP? I live in Arizona but have a family member in Cali I would live with. Should I put his address on the form instead of my AZ one? I have very young looking features, most people think I am like 14, but i am almost 20. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be Alice. I am really good at the accent too. Anyone know what they r looking for this round? I know no one has posted on here since last year, so I am hoping for a response...
I wouldn't mind ANY role they give me, I just REALLY REALLY want this. I have wanted this for like 5 years now and now I finally get a chance. Anyone know how I can apply to do rides while I am at the audition, just in case I don't get a performer role? I am not incredibly hopeful I will get a role, I know there is a good chance I wont, but I REALLY want it and I hope they see that in me.
Since I live in AZ currently, I hope they don't count me out because of that. I will move in a second if I get a role. Oh and P.S., I am not in the college program. I'm just attending a CP audition!

I can help answer one of those questions...if you're applying to the CP and you're interested in being a character performer you check that off as one of your roles that you'd be willing to do. You also check off other roles (in your case attractions) as a backup in case you do not pass the audition. So you would have to be accepted to the CP first and you will be assigned a role, then you attend a CP audition. If you pass then your role becomes character performer, if not your role stays as what you were accepted as but you don't lose your spot in the program.

Just so you know, Disneyland does not offer a CP for Entertainment. I don't know if that makes a difference to you, but if you want to do a CP in Entertainment you will need to do it in Florida...

Hi guys. This is a very 'beginner's class' question but I just want to ask that when people meant of having acting experience, does doing a few plays in school counts as them. And do they help in the improvisation part in the auditions for character performers?

So. Very beginner questions and I know you all have probably answered them, but I need to get these answered. :confused3

1. I'm between 5'9" and 5'10". Does that give me any chance to be a face character? I'm totally up to being a villain(i would love to be maleficent in Fantasmic or a villain in general) but i'd really love to be a princess. Do you guys know what i'd be most likely considered for?

2. I don't have much dance background but i can pick up choreography REALLY well and am always big with my movements. Would i still have a chance in the dance part?

3. Any more tips for me? I'm probably going to the Philadelphia audition.

Thank you guys so much!! :cheer2: :love: :worship:

So. Very beginner questions and I know you all have probably answered them, but I need to get these answered. :confused3

1. I'm between 5'9" and 5'10". Does that give me any chance to be a face character? I'm totally up to being a villain(i would love to be maleficent in Fantasmic or a villain in general) but i'd really love to be a princess. Do you guys know what i'd be most likely considered for?

2. I don't have much dance background but i can pick up choreography REALLY well and am always big with my movements. Would i still have a chance in the dance part?

3. Any more tips for me? I'm probably going to the Philadelphia audition.

Thank you guys so much!! :cheer2: :love: :worship:
1.If you're about that height, that's where most villians are catagorized, it depends whether you have the Disney look, but don't worry about that.

2. It's fine if you don't have much dancing background, for example if you make a mistake, don't be embarassed, Disney likes people who are positive. If you are always big at your movements, you'll do fine in the improvisation part. I've heard some people who can't dance but did really well in the improvisation part and Disney still hired them.

3.Tips: Just smile, and think positive!:cutie:
Good luck if you are going to the audition.:thumbsup2

Hi!

I saw that the audition cities and dates were up on the Disney Auditions site, and I was wondering, are the Minneapolis, St. Louis, or Ann Arbor auditions pretty crowded/crazy?

I'm from the Chicago area, and I'm going to school downstate, but I think I'd rather go to a quieter audition.

Thanks!

Hi guys. This is a very 'beginner's class' question but I just want to ask that when people meant of having acting experience, does doing a few plays in school counts as them. And do they help in the improvisation part in the auditions for character performers?

You don't have to have ANY acting experience really. :goodvibes

They're going to ask you to animate a senario. Really simple! That's as much acting as you can get lol

Hope this helps!

You don't have to have ANY acting experience really. :goodvibes

They're going to ask you to animate a senario. Really simple! That's as much acting as you can get lol

Hope this helps!

*I don't know how much this can be answered because of Disney confidentiality but what kind of scenario? Like could you give maybe an example or two?

Two other questions
First: If I'm planning on applying for the CP in the Fall 2012 when should I plan on auditioning?
Secondly: Does anyone know how long the Fall Advantage internship is?

Thanks have a magical day!

*I don't know how much this can be answered because of Disney confidentiality but what kind of scenario? Like could you give maybe an example or two?

Two other questions
First: If I'm planning on applying for the CP in the Fall 2012 when should I plan on auditioning?
Secondly: Does anyone know how long the Fall Advantage internship is?

Thanks have a magical day!

The animation is basically like charades (it could be something like making a sandwich, and you just act it out).

Auditions for Fall 2012 will be around Feb/March

Fall Advantage is May/June to early Jan

The CP applications for Fall 2012 aren't even released and I am DYING with anticipation! I'm 5'8" and I want to be in entertainment SO badly!

...hi, I'm new here and a little overexcited :P

It's been about a year since my last audition. Since then, I've worked as a performer this summer, with some loveable Peanuts characters. There's an audition coming up for some fuzzy friends and I'm looking to go. I'm just very unclear about an appropriate thing to wear. Obviously, look respectable, but each audition has specifications. I was thinking a blue tshirt (I'm a blonde - blue always looks nice) and some black yoga pants.

Also, does my former experience with other fuzz-friends help the way they see me, at least on paper?

Do we need to abide by the "Disney look" for auditions? My hair isn't currently a natural color and I have a hair appointment tomorrow morning and I was wondering if I should get it dyed tomorrow or if I'll be okay.

Hey I'm new to this! Does anyone know if there are any dance related jobs for the cp? Also, if so, do you go to the character auditions or a different one? I've had 16 years of dance, and I just think it would be so much fun to dance for disney! :cheer2:

It's been about a year since my last audition. Since then, I've worked as a performer this summer, with some loveable Peanuts characters. There's an audition coming up for some fuzzy friends and I'm looking to go. I'm just very unclear about an appropriate thing to wear. Obviously, look respectable, but each audition has specifications. I was thinking a blue tshirt (I'm a blonde - blue always looks nice) and some black yoga pants.

Also, does my former experience with other fuzz-friends help the way they see me, at least on paper?

As long as you feel comfortable in what you will be wearing, your outfit sounds fine to me. I wore black dance pants and a purple shirt with 3/4 sleeves. It was comfy, but I still felt girly wearing it. If you're wearing a t-shirt, I wouldn't wear anything too baggy or too clingy. Above all, just make sure you're wearing shoes you can dance in. :-) My guess is that your prior experience will probably catch their eye if you bring a resume, and it will certainly come in handy during the audition exercises.

Do we need to abide by the "Disney look" for auditions? My hair isn't currently a natural color and I have a hair appointment tomorrow morning and I was wondering if I should get it dyed tomorrow or if I'll be okay.

I would recommend dying it before the audition day. You want them to remember you for what you bring to the audition rather than if your hair doesn't meet their guidelines.

Hey I'm new to this! Does anyone know if there are any dance related jobs for the cp? Also, if so, do you go to the character auditions or a different one? I've had 16 years of dance, and I just think it would be so much fun to dance for disney! :cheer2:

Apart from Equity performers, which are not part of the CP, all other dancer roles, known as "movers", go through the same audition process as the character auditions. Although it's not common, people who pass the audition sometimes get trained in parades or certain shows. I got to dance in the Christmas parade and my friend (another CP) was an elf in the castle stage show, so it does happen! Go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter