Character Performer Auditions

Yeah, I've always been curious about the character who gets to play Tinkerbell and "fly" down the trapeze at the end of the Firework show!

Does she have to go through normal auditions like all the other characters, or is it like a special audition? And is there a height rquirement for Tink?

That one is a guy;)

I have both heard it is a guy and that it isn't a guy. To be honest though I am not sure why it would be... In general doesn't Tink (when she flys) have to be very tiny like around 100 lbs to fly? I wouldn't think there are very many guys that fit that bill.

That one is a guy;)

That's a Disney rumor - it is incorrect.

I have both heard it is a guy and that it isn't a guy. To be honest though I am not sure why it would be... In general doesn't Tink (when she flys) have to be very tiny like around 100 lbs to fly? I wouldn't think there are very many guys that fit that bill.

That last line is dead on. I've worked with Tink many a time, she is most definitely a lady!!!

I thought they used a zip line? From the ones I've gone on they can holfd much more than that

That last line is dead on. I've worked with Tink many a time, she is most definitely a lady!!!

Sorry I didnt know,but thanks for the correction.I always like to learn something new about disney.

I thought they used a zip line? From the ones I've gone on they can holfd much more than that

On zip lines, there's a dip from your weight and the slack of the line. Tink has to have a straight flight path, so the line has to be tight enough and she has to be small enough to not have the line dip too much I would imagine.

I read 110lbs exactly. Do they weigh her every time for safety purposes? My fam and I were debating that last trip.

And how do you get so lucky to be friends with a Tink that flies??? :tinker:

from what i have heard is that to do tinkerbells flight you have to weigh a certain amount(and they DO weigh you each night) and also that you have to be able to do a certain amount of pull ups...incase you get stuck on the wire.

I think Tink can be both male or female for the castle thing...a while pack in the picture of the day thread in another part of the forum someone who had a faaannnccyyy SLR camera put a picture they caught of Tink flying down from the castle up and yep...it was definitely a guy, at least that night.

I think Tink can be both male or female for the castle thing...a while pack in the picture of the day thread in another part of the forum someone who had a faaannnccyyy SLR camera put a picture they caught of Tink flying down from the castle up and yep...it was definitely a guy, at least that night.

Yep, I remember that thread...here's the pic:

Tink1.jpg

I read 110lbs exactly. Do they weigh her every time for safety purposes?

It's not an exact weight - it's a range. But you would need to be in the range for safety reason. Too heavy would make her fly to fast (which is very unsafe). Too light would mean she may not make it to the end (hence the needed pull up abilities)

And how do you get so lucky to be friends with a Tink that flies??? :tinker:

She is considered a stunt performer, not a character performer. The audition process is different.

Yep, I remember that thread...here's the pic:

I do not think that shows she's a man. Because she's a stunt performer, similarities to her day persona would not be needed. One of Tink's friends is not even white. As a stunt performer they have to pass physical tests, which would make them more physically strong and give of a "manlier" look. There very well be men, but I've never seen/heard of one.

Yeah, the Orlando one tends to be pretty busy (in the past, there were 2 auditions for the extension date).

That's not nessicarily true though, it may just depend on the year. I went to the orlando audition for the fall program 2009 (last spring) and there were only 60 people there. Other audition cities seemed to have closer to 100 people per place

As far as auditions go, is there any way to find out when an audition will be in your city? Other than the general audition website?

I'm from around Chicago, and I'd love to know when they are coming to Chicago next. I know the audition website only displays the next so many audition dates though.

As far as auditions go, is there any way to find out when an audition will be in your city? Other than the general audition website?

I'm from around Chicago, and I'd love to know when they are coming to Chicago next. I know the audition website only displays the next so many audition dates though.

Which website are you looking at? The CP Audition sites are all posted for this year at http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/students/role_descr/entertainment.html

They do not have any planned ones yet after that. I know the Disney Auditions website says when they are always next coming for FT/PT roles...see here: http://corporate.disney.go.com/auditions/calendar/index.html#Audition2461

okay, awesome! Thanks! I was looking at the wrong page. So I'm sure this question has probably been answered in the 40 some pages of this thread, but is it recommended that you bring a headshot to the audition?

No need for a headshot! They request headshots for equity auditions, but not for character performers.

Okay, I want to get something cleared up. Over the summer I posted about going to a practice audition before the actual audition I'd go to... to see if I even have a chance or to see how things go.

I was skimming through pages in this thread and I came across one where someone wrote that they do not let you audition 6 months after the first audition.

So if I go to the Chicago audition coming up in Nov, and then want to audition either sometime next semester at the Chicago audition or down in Florida do I have to worry about this 6 month rule?

Kinda confused now...

Okay, I want to get something cleared up. Over the summer I posted about going to a practice audition before the actual audition I'd go to... to see if I even have a chance or to see how things go.

I was skimming through pages in this thread and I came across one where someone wrote that they do not let you audition 6 months after the first audition.

So if I go to the Chicago audition coming up in Nov, and then want to audition either sometime next semester at the Chicago audition or down in Florida do I have to worry about this 6 month rule?

Kinda confused now...

This may be up in the air since all of the auditions are the same week now. If this system works well, they will probably do the same thing next semester and either make sure its at least 6 months from the spring 2010 audition week, or make an exception to the rule.

That rule is there so you wont fail your audition before the CP, then try to attend another audition the first week you get to Florida to change out your role, you know?

Plenty of people audition semester after semester for the CP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter