Character Performer Auditions

Ah! so after A MILLION YEARS of waiting they finally contacted me about a week ago and told me I'm in as a character performer!! anyone else checking in August 12? And once you fall advantage people get into the fray of it all you must tell all of us waiting for fall how it goes!

Congrats!!! I hope that happens to me! I'm at 7 weeks+ from my audition and still no news...Called Disney and they said they were still deciding...ugh...but I'm happy for you, gives me hope there is still a chance for me!

HA! my name is Aly. I went to school here in west chester with both of them. I LOVE BECCA TOO!! :cutie: I'm the same age as Andy so i just graduated with him a few weeks ago from west chesters theater department! What's your name?

Hey, congrats to all of you who've been accepted as character performers!
of those of you who have auditioned before, how many people on average were there? and how difficult do you think it was to actually get through the stages of the audition.
thankyou :)

Hey, congrats to all of you who've been accepted as character performers!
of those of you who have auditioned before, how many people on average were there? and how difficult do you think it was to actually get through the stages of the audition.
thankyou :)

I went to Rochester and there were 87 people there.

Are you auditioning for Spring or Fall 2010?

thankyou for that information, thats helped a lot.
i'm not actually american. i'm from england.
but, i'm going to do the walt disney world international college programme as soon as i'm in university. I heard that the auditions are the same for character performers on the american college programme, so i just wanted to get an insight so i know whats coming.

but, i'm going to do the walt disney world international college programme as soon as i'm in university. I heard that the auditions are the same for character performers on the american college programme, so i just wanted to get an insight so i know whats coming.

I just thought I'd say hi - I'm from England too, and I did the WDW International College Program back in 2005! I also did the Cultural Rep program in 2007! I have a green card so I decided to stay in the States and I live here in Orlando - I still work at Disney!

When I did the ICP character performer wasn't an option so lucky you - I auditioned for full time character a while back and got in, but decided on another role in the end.

I just thought I'd say hi - I'm from England too, and I did the WDW International College Program back in 2005! I also did the Cultural Rep program in 2007! I have a green card so I decided to stay in the States and I live here in Orlando - I still work at Disney!

When I did the ICP character performer wasn't an option so lucky you - I auditioned for full time character a while back and got in, but decided on another role in the end.

oh wow!
what was it like? was it worth doing it?
you're so lucky to have to oppertunity to stay out there, it must be so great to live and work out there.
if you don't mind me asking, how easy was it for you to get your green card? i've heard it can be a lot of hassle.

i wanted to say congrats to everyone who passed!
and are living out their dream! It may have not been my time yet, but I am going to audition again this fall for the spring semester! :]

oh wow!
what was it like? was it worth doing it?
you're so lucky to have to oppertunity to stay out there, it must be so great to live and work out there.
if you don't mind me asking, how easy was it for you to get your green card? i've heard it can be a lot of hassle.

I loved both programs! My ICP was for four months between my 2nd and 3rd years of university, and it was a lot of fun - I worked at the Yacht and Beach Club in merchandise, and to be honest it wasn't particularly thrilling...I was bored some of the time, but it was a great experience...and I met my now-husband working there! I lived at Vista, which I didn't like because my apartment was sort of falling apart, but it was a good place to hang out.

After I graduated I came back to do the Cultural Program, which I LOVED!!! It's a year long program and you work in the UK pavillion in EPCOT, either in merchandise or food and beverage. I was a server, and I loved it, it was so much fun! I lived at the Commons on this program, and that was a gorgeous apartment.

After my program finished I auditioned for character performer and I did get in, but I missed being a server so went back to that instead, just in a different restaurant.

My husband is American so that was how I got my green card, although my father is also American so I could have got one through him. Other than family green cards, there's really not much chance of getting one. You can just come back on various visas.

I would totally recommend all college programs, it's an experience you will never forget.

I loved both programs! My ICP was for four months between my 2nd and 3rd years of university, and it was a lot of fun - I worked at the Yacht and Beach Club in merchandise, and to be honest it wasn't particularly thrilling...I was bored some of the time, but it was a great experience...and I met my now-husband working there! I lived at Vista, which I didn't like because my apartment was sort of falling apart, but it was a good place to hang out.

After I graduated I came back to do the Cultural Program, which I LOVED!!! It's a year long program and you work in the UK pavillion in EPCOT, either in merchandise or food and beverage. I was a server, and I loved it, it was so much fun! I lived at the Commons on this program, and that was a gorgeous apartment.

After my program finished I auditioned for character performer and I did get in, but I missed being a server so went back to that instead, just in a different restaurant.

My husband is American so that was how I got my green card, although my father is also American so I could have got one through him. Other than family green cards, there's really not much chance of getting one. You can just come back on various visas.

I would totally recommend all college programs, it's an experience you will never forget.

You've made up my mind for me haha. I'm definitely going to do one of the programmes. Cheers for answering my questions, it helped a lot!

Congrats!!! I hope that happens to me! I'm at 7 weeks+ from my audition and still no news...Called Disney and they said they were still deciding...ugh...but I'm happy for you, gives me hope there is still a chance for me!
Tink576 you'll have to let us know what happens. It took me FOREVER to finally get a hold of my recruiter and she told me I was in the character pool. I had heard that if you expressed a lot of interest and enthusiasm in really becoming a character and seeing what comes from the character pool they take that into consideration. Thats what I tried to do and then I got my reply a few days later. I hope it turns out well for you, keep us updated!

Hey that is so fabulous that you want to come out here! I think you will love it (maybe not Florida weather but...) so where are you from in England? I ask because a friend and I are planning to do an exchange there in 2010 and are trying to figure out where to go to university.

Hey that is so fabulous that you want to come out here! I think you will love it (maybe not Florida weather but...) so where are you from in England? I ask because a friend and I are planning to do an exchange there in 2010 and are trying to figure out where to go to university.

Oh, anything is an improvement on english weather. Trust me. :D
i'm from somewhere called Portsmouth. It's not what you would call the land of oppertunities, but its a nice enough place. What are you planning to take at university? I might be able to point out a few places in the UK you could consider.

Where is the DAK Rehersal Facility and how do you get there using the cp buses?

I am going to the auditions this week but I have never been to the DAK Rehersal Facility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter