Character Performer Auditions

I'm so happy because the audition nearest my house in Pittsburgh, doesn't conflict with the show I'm doing!! My stage manager won't yell at me now!

But now I have a question. The audition in Pittsburgh is April 26, the last audition date. Is being selected for a character on a first come, first served basis? Will I have a lesser chance of becoming a character because I'm auditioning on the last day? But, I already sent in my application and my presentation at my school is February 18th, and I'm guessing I'll have my interview soon after that, so the only thing I'd be waiting for would be my audition...please help!!!!! Thank you!

Hi! I am completely new and was wondering about a few things. First, I'm 5'0...yes, small. Do I have a decent chance in being in fur or a face? Also, would taking a miming class from one of my former teachers be a good idea? I guess what I am asking is, what do my chances look like. I have bright green eyes, which only fits Ariel, but I have brown hair. Do you get the opportunity to get colored contacts? What about wigs? Thank you!

Hi! I am completely new and was wondering about a few things. First, I'm 5'0...yes, small. Do I have a decent chance in being in fur or a face? Also, would taking a miming class from one of my former teachers be a good idea? I guess what I am asking is, what do my chances look like. I have bright green eyes, which only fits Ariel, but I have brown hair. Do you get the opportunity to get colored contacts? What about wigs? Thank you!

5'0 is in the 'special consideration' height range, meaning its a height that's in higher demand than some of the more common height ranges. That could be very beneficial to you, but only in being a fur character. I think your height is pretty limited in face, but I hope it isn't because I'm 5'1 and hoping to make face as well! I've heard the height ranges for princesses and such is 5'4 to 5'7, but I met a Princess Jasmine who was shorter than I am, so that doesn't always ring true. Also, I've heard Ariel with fins needs to be short but I don't know if that's just word of mouth or not. From what I've heard about the auditions, its less about technique and more about standing out and being enthusiastic and inventive. I have yet to go to an audition so hopefully someone else will pick up and give you some more specific advice. I'm just passing down what I've heard. Good luck!

To be honest, 5'0 is very limited in face. On rare occasions, they will pull people around that height for Wendy or Alice, and Tinkerbell is also in that range, but because 4'8-5' people are so needed in fur they usually do that. They do use colored contacts and all princesses wear wigs so they all look the same.

I'm in the same height range as you (I'm 4'9" and did Fall Advantage '08) so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or check out my livejournal. :)

This is going to sound stupid, but do I fall out of the special considerations when I am half an inch above 5ft?

This is going to sound stupid, but do I fall out of the special considerations when I am half an inch above 5ft?

Also, 5'.5" is still technically "mouse height," because there's a half inch rule. It really depends on what they need and what they want to measure you at. I had two friends who were the same height at Disney, both around 5'2, but one was measured 5'.5". If they're really desperate for short people, they will measure people down. Kind of silly, but it happens.

Hey! I'm new to all this so sorry if someone has already answered my questions...

1. I'm 16 and auditioning for the summer only... I was planning on auditioning in Orlando on March 19 (b/c I thought they always had open call auditions on Thursdays)... but I'm getting a little nervous now because they don't have any audition dates up in March. Is there still gonna be an audition on March 19?

2. The audition says parade performer/ character performer (face and fur)... what is the audition process for all 3 together like?

3. I'm 5'2 and a dancer... I think I could be Wendy/Alice/Tinkerbell/Ariel... I'll try to put a picture of myself on my profile (What do you think?)

Thanks so much!

My understanding was that you have to be 18 to be a character performer... unless you're not talking about the college program?

To do the CP or the CS program if that's what your talking about you have to be 18 years old.

My understanding was that you have to be 18 to be a character performer... unless you're not talking about the college program?

Oh yeah... no sorry... I'm not doing the college program. The website said that you could be 16 to be a character performer in general... sorry i didn't really make that clear :)

just wondering how difficult the dance portion of the audition is, and what i need to start working on before the audition in march...

piourettes? fuettes? leaps? or is it pretty basic stuff, like jazz squares, grapevines, etc.?

thanks!

just wondering how difficult the dance portion of the audition is, and what i need to start working on before the audition in march...

piourettes? fuettes? leaps? or is it pretty basic stuff, like jazz squares, grapevines, etc.?

thanks!

I had a single piourette at my first audition. No leaps or fuettes. At the other audition we had sailor kicks.

Each eight count is designed to be more complicated than the next so they can see where you peak. The first is typically armography. The second may include a jazz square or grapevine. Then there is some kind of turn or kick at the end.

Based on the fact that you know what piourettes and fuettes even are I'm going to say that you'll be MORE than fine!!

So, I'm really nervous for the character portion during auditions.
I mean, I ALWAYS smile realllly big.. and exaggerate every single move I do and go soo OVER THE TOP

but I can't act lol! I'm really nervous they won't know what character i'm suppose to meet. Will this hurt me?

I'm really short tho! i'm like 4'11-5'0 AND I've been in Dance since I was 2. soo will that acting portion have a huge effect on me?

Thank you so much for this post!! I'm 5' tall and I plan on auditioning for a role. Random question:

what do they think of in weight for the fur characters. I'm not stick thin and I'm not obese. I'm like averageish? I do have a little belly though. Is that a concern?
:banana:

Also I'm like 5' and 3 quarters. Is that gonna make a big deal if I'm slightly over 5'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter