Character Meets at Frontierland Jamboree

sammatt

Mouseketeer
Hello there! Just wondering which characters you have met at the Jamboree at Big Thunder Ranch. Is someone always there to meet, and they just rotate? Thanks!

Last weekend it was Minnie, Donald, Chip, and Balloo. It was also very uncrowded in the morning - the first show of Billy Hill was at 11:15; we went to the Jamboree a little before 11 and had the characters to ourselves for several minutes.

The characters appearing at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree include:
-Mickey
-Minnie
-Donald
-Daisy
-Goofy
-Pluto
-Chip & Dale
-Clarabelle Cow
-Horace Horsecollar
-Clara Cluck
-the Country Bears (Wendell, Shaker, Liver Lips and Big Al)

Brer Fox made a surprise appearance there one day when I was there in June as well.

We saw Goofy, Donald Duck, Clarabelle Cow and one of the country bears when we went for the alst show one day. Very easy to get pics with as there weren't many people there.

When and where is the Frontierland Jamboree? I've never heard of it or seen it. Thanks!

When and where is the Frontierland Jamboree? I've never heard of it or seen it. Thanks!

Are you familiar with The Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue?

The Big Thunder Ranch JAMBOREE is right behind that. So if you are in Frontierland and you pass by Big Thunder Mountain RR heading towards the BBQ, you will see the entrance to the Jamboree on your left. Its new. It is the new home for Bill Hill and the Hillbillies that used to play at The Golden Horseshoe.

So many characters are there as well as pin trading.

We were there in early June and saw

Mickey & Minnie (together)
Chip & Dale (together)
Goofy & Daisy (together)
Clarabell Cow
Horace

They all came out within a 20 minute span.

Anyone knows if the Jamboree is up only for summer or will they continue for Fall 2012...

We'll be visiting in mid October and we would love to see the characters in their Western finery...

We got there just as they were finishing up for the day, at about quarter to five. It was possibly the most magical fifteen minutes of our entire trip. Mickey and Minnie were there, together (which I believe is pretty rare) and there were a whole two families in front of us in line. We waited and had our turn with pictures, and then no one else was there, so we had Mickey and Minnie entirely to ourselves for about ten minutes! Mickey danced with my daughter, and they both clapped for her when she tried her turn with the lasso. We also got to watch the goats run as a pack from the petting zoo to the backstage area, which was cool, and DD held Minnie and Mickey's hands as they walked backstage too. She told me they had to go back there alone, because they were going to kiss. :)

Though Big Thunder Mountain Ranch is something we have breezed right past on all of our other trips, I don't think we'll be skipping it ever again. It has such a "chill" feel to it, like an Disney secret that hasn't been discovered by the masses yet!

We also saw two of the three Country Bears earlier in the day when we peeked in, but they kind of freak my kids out, so we didn't go back far enough to see which ones.

ITA that it's a not to be missed place, we had SO much awesome character interaction. There's nowhere else in the park where you can spend tons of time and get loads of photos with characters without long lines. We also had Mickey to ourselves for quite a while, as well as Goofy. Clarabelle colored at the table with some of my younger nieces and nephews, they thought it was awesome.

Shoot... We missed this a few weeks ago. Hopefully they continue this for a while.

I agree! We had Donald to ourselves for several minutes a few minutes before the Billy Hill show.

Don't forget there's a petting zoo back there too - it was fun to spend a few minutes before heading to the show :)

We love it 'back' there … no one seems to know about it. Its a new hidden gem. Its all new. All the chairs, benches, picnic tables and the stage. Very spacious for all. They have a CM with snacks and drinks standing there if you want to buy something AND tons of pin trading. Then the characters are all there dressed in "frontier" apparel. Its really awesome. :thumbsup2

I'm trying to place the location. Is this where Santa and the Reindeer are during the holidays?

We loved it back in June. My daughters enjoyed the roping and dancing lessons. My youngest daughter and I sat on picnic benches and colored. Several characters stopped at our table. Some for pictures and some sat and colored along. We saw Donald, Clarabelle, Horace, Goofy, Chip and Dale, and Minnie. All in western attire.

We loved it back in June. My daughters enjoyed the roping and dancing lessons. My youngest daughter and I sat on picnic benches and colored. Several characters stopped at our table. Some for pictures and some sat and colored along. We saw Donald, Clarabelle, Horace, Goofy, Chip and Dale, and Minnie. All in western attire.

My kids would love this! Ds2 loves "cowboy" stuff and Donald duck, and it sounds less chaotic than seeing these characters in toon town. Does the show run very often? Hopefully it will keep going into September when we're there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter