• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Meet N Greet at private Chase Cardmember locations

southlake

Mouseketeer
Hi friends,

Today my personal banker offered me the Disney Visa Debit Card. It looks like the only 2 perks are

1) 10% off 'select' merchandise purchases of $50 or more at Disney Store locations (not a perk if you're already an AP member where there is no $50 minimum purchase to get a discount!) and

2) Character Meet N Greet at our private Cardmember locations at WDW and Disneyland

My question is - where are these private Cardmember locations and how do I find out when/where the characters will be there?

At the Disneyland® Resort, stop by our private location—reserved just for Cardmembers—to meet and pose with some of your favorite Disney Characters. Get a complimentary 5 x 7 photo, too!

When: Offered daily, 10:30AM to 1:30PM
Where to go: Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure® Park behind the “House of Cards” and next to Monsters, Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue!
What to do: Just present your Disney Visa® Debit Card to enter the event.
Why: It's one of the most unique experiences of being a Cardmember!

This is from the Disney Debit website. They do not list the characters available, but I have seen either Minnie Mouse, Stitch or Pluto.

I just wanted to add that the Disney debit card provides a discount at the Disney store and disneystore online which APs do not. They do also have occasional hotel offers (though generally they don't beat AP rates.. But they do have offers at WDW sometimes too which a DL AP won't qualify for unless it's a premiere).

I have a Disney Debit (and an AP) and have visited the character M&G many times. I've also made good use of the disneystore.com discount. Since the card is free (assuming you already bank with Chase which it seems you do) I don't see any drawbacks :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks for this info, I appreciate it! I did find the character location online after posting here (oops!) but I am curious how long the lines are at the Cardmember Meet N Greet? Is it shorter and worth going to DCA to meet the characters there?

The biggest line I've ever experienced there was three groups in front of me. It's usually really short when they first start the M&G.

I'm not sure if it works with the Disney Debit card, but with the Disney Visa, you also get a free 5x7 print each day along with the M&G. You don't have to select the M&G photo either! It can be any photopass picture.

We were sooo disappointed they changed the rules. We went yesterday and now you get a piece of paper ( not the ticket looking one) and you have to take it to a certain photography place after you have taken your picture and you can ONLY get the picture that was taken at the meet and greet. No other photo pass pictures allowed. So bummed.

Yes, you also get the 5x7 photo voucher with the debit card but as a PP noted, they are now very strict about only allowing this to be used for photos taken in the M&G area. As far as lines, it's usually not too bad but can be a bit deceiving (short line can take longer than you think). But this is because they allow each group plenty of time. We've had some really great character interactions there.

Also- just so you're clear- you only meet one character. You can usually get back in line to meet another one after they swap out (they will only give you one photo voucher per day) but it's not like you meet several characters at once. For the year or so we've been doing this, it's always been Minnie alternating every 30min with Stitch. Now, my DD8 LOVES stitch and this is the only place he regularly meets other than the Surfs Up character breakfast in PPH so this is great for us. I see occasional reports of Chip n dale and Pluto but most people report Minnie/Stitch.

You get the photo with the debit card as well.
I have seen the line extremely short usually. When we went last month on a Wednesday at about 12:30, the line had about 6 groups waiting. That was the longest I have seen.

It's a bummer that you have to get that photo. I'm not terribly photogenic, so it'd be nice to have a choice :-)

Thanks for the info everyone! Since the debit card is free & doesn't require a credit check (not that I have bad credit, just don't need it 'checked'), this may be a good deal after all :)

southlake said:
Thanks for the info everyone! Since the debit card is free & doesn't require a credit check (not that I have bad credit, just don't need it 'checked'), this may be a good deal after all :)

I'm not sure what's available right now, but if you don't mind the credit check, they usually have a deal to get a Disney Gift Card as a sign up bonus with the Visa. We got a $200 gift card when we signed up over the summer. I think you had to put $300 on the card before they would issue the gift card. I also prefer the protections built into a credit card over debit, plus you earn rewards on the card as well.

I'm not sure what's available right now, but if you don't mind the credit check, they usually have a deal to get a Disney Gift Card as a sign up bonus with the Visa. We got a $200 gift card when we signed up over the summer. I think you had to put $300 on the card before they would issue the gift card. I also prefer the protections built into a credit card over debit, plus you earn rewards on the card as well.

We went the debit card since we bank with Chase . We also received the $200 gift card, discounts at the Disney Store, M&G and other perks. :-)

We went the debit card since we bank with Chase . We also received the $200 gift card, discounts at the Disney Store, M&G and other perks. :-)

Really, you got the $200 Disney gift card on the Chase Disney debit card, too? Chase's website doesn't show that promotion for the debit card, only the credit card. That would be great, if so!

I've e-mailed my personal banker and am inquiring with her as to the latest promotion status on the debit card!

Really, you got the $200 Disney gift card on the Chase Disney debit card, too? Chase's website doesn't show that promotion for the debit card, only the credit card. That would be great, if so! I've e-mailed my personal banker and am inquiring with her as to the latest promotion status on the debit card!

We did...and we put it towards our DCL cruise, since we payed off the balance of our cruise with the Disney Debit they gave is a $50.00 onboard credit on top of the Gift Card.

This was last year, I hope they have not changes the promotion since :-)

I also did not get a $200 giftcard when I signed up for the debit card (in sept 2012). Now I'm bummed!

No ones mentioned the points! You get so much toward a Disney gift card with every purchase. We put our annual passes on it, got the points & a way to improve our credit. We've been saving our points up all year, and we have a pretty nice gift card going. We take the character pictures (almost always Stitch) every single day that we are there, and now have a really cool collection of 5x7s. And like everything else, Disney is a delight to do business with. Ive never had such a pleasant experience calling a bank. This card has so many benefits. If you must have a cc, this is the one!

[

No ones mentioned the points! You get so much toward a Disney gift card with every purchase. We put our annual passes on it, got the points & a way to improve our credit. We've been saving our points up all year, and we have a pretty nice gift card going. We take the character pictures (almost always Stitch) every single day that we are there, and now have a really cool collection of 5x7s. And like everything else, Disney is a delight to do business with. Ive never had such a pleasant experience calling a bank. This card has so many benefits. If you must have a cc, this is the one!

To be clear though, the op is asking about the debit card, and that does not get you points.

It used to, when it debuted, and it had a yearly fee too. Still worth it. Then they said that the new banking rules blah blah blah (the new rules were on the way an clearly spelled out when they rolled out the debit card) and the card went away. In perfect synchronicity with when my debit card was expiring and I would have to order a sad new non Disney one, they renewed the program but with no fee and no point benefits.

Took me a bit if time to realize that using the debit and getting 10% off was better than the using my cc and getting approx 1% in our cc's form of rewards back lol. (We don't have the Disney cc and don't want to deal with another cc so I'm comparing it to our current cc not the disney one)

I'm stunned that there was such a generous sign up option that the PP got. I don't think they offered that even when there were rewards with the debit. Stunned and curious and a bit confused.

To be clear though, the op is asking about the debit card, and that does not get you points.

It used to, when it debuted, and it had a yearly fee too. Still worth it. Then they said that the new banking rules blah blah blah (the new rules were on the way an clearly spelled out when they rolled out the debit card) and the card went away. In perfect synchronicity with when my debit card was expiring and I would have to order a sad new non Disney one, they renewed the program but with no fee and no point benefits.

Took me a bit if time to realize that using the debit and getting 10% off was better than the using my cc and getting approx 1% in our cc's form of rewards back lol. (We don't have the Disney cc and don't want to deal with another cc so I'm comparing it to our current cc not the disney one)

I'm stunned that there was such a generous sign up option that the PP got. I don't think they offered that even when there were rewards with the debit. Stunned and curious and a bit confused.
According to the website it's supposed to be $200 for signing up for the Premiere Visa, $50 for the regular Visa, and I don't see a bonus for the debit. We recently signed up for the regular Visa, but haven't received our first statement so IDK what bonus we will get. I am expecting the $50 like the website says. Very surprised people got $200 for signing up with the debit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter