• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Meet and Greets

wendydarling78

She's a Darling...
We are sailing on the Magic Bahamas cruise July 28-August 5.

We have never done a Disney cruise before, but my daughter has been to WDW 4 times already. We have done zillions of character meet and greets, dinners, etc.

She has about 8 autograph books filled with autographs and pictures.

On the Magic, we have a character breakfast (the Mickey characters), and during our day at WDW we are doing dinner at the castle (lots of princesses).

I've looked at some previous Navigators for cruises, and she has all of their pics and autographs except for Jack Sparrow, who she wouldn't recognize anyhow. (She's 6.)

So, my question is- Do the characters wear "special" outfits or anything different than in the park? Like sailor outfits? Or pirate outifits on pirate night?

I'm just trying to decide what to do over the character meet and greets. (Encourage, discourage, etc.)

Thanks!
Wendy

We are sailing on the Magic Bahamas cruise July 28-August 5.

We have never done a Disney cruise before, but my daughter has been to WDW 4 times already. We have done zillions of character meet and greets, dinners, etc.

She has about 8 autograph books filled with autographs and pictures.

On the Magic, we have a character breakfast (the Mickey characters), and during our day at WDW we are doing dinner at the castle (lots of princesses).

I've looked at some previous Navigators for cruises, and she has all of their pics and autographs except for Jack Sparrow, who she wouldn't recognize anyhow. (She's 6.)

So, my question is- Do the characters wear "special" outfits or anything different than in the park? Like sailor outfits? Or pirate outifits on pirate night?

I'm just trying to decide what to do over the character meet and greets. (Encourage, discourage, etc.)

Thanks!
Wendy

Yes, Mickey and gang wear special outfits for Pirate night, formal night (if you have one).

Maybe more, that's all I remember.

princess:

There is many different outfits from the parks.... That being said we are pass holders and felt our time was better used not waiting in lines for characters. We did get a few pics.

The characters are in many different outfits throughout the cruise. Unlike the WDW parks, lines are never more than about 15 minutes. The exception is the Princess Party, where there are 5 princesses in the atrium, in their "normal" attire. The nice part about it is that once you are in line, you go to all of the princesses, you don't line up for each one individually.
If you don't want to worry about autographs on board, you can drop off something in Guest Services (like a pillowcase, photo matte, autograph book), and ask for the characters to sign it. It will be delivered to your stateroom on the final evening of your cruise, and you won't have to wait in the lines for the autographs!
2011disneycruisecozumeltoend238.jpg

It is still MAGICal to see the characters, so I doubt you will be able to avoid them completely! :)

Of course you can! :) We don't do the lines for characters at the parks. It's just too crazy for us. We have always seen the characters onboard though and plan to get there 5 minutes before it starts.

The character experience on the ship is MUCH better than in the parks. They will wear different outfits almost every night--pirate, formal, cruise, etc. You can shoot with your camera and the character attendants will take shots with your camera also (like to get a family pic). In addition, there will often be a ship's photographer there.

The character experience on the ship is MUCH better than in the parks. They will wear different outfits almost every night--pirate, formal, cruise, etc. You can shoot with your camera and the character attendants will take shots with your camera also (like to get a family pic). In addition, there will often be a ship's photographer there.

The only problem I have with the DCL meets are that the lines can get hectic. The line to see the bottom princesses one day (Cindy, Tiana, SW) was crazy. I left one person in line, then I did with the kids, Aurora, Belle, Alice (who was walking around) and still got back to the line with a minimal movement.

I will say they do change outfits, but not the princesses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter