character meals

mommiepoppins

<font color=red>I miss sitting in a bucket
I haven,t been to wdw in YEARS...I have a 1 year old son. Can you please tell me where are good ch meals,

Depending on which characters your son would most enjoy there are multiple options!

Garden Grill (Epcot) is a good one where you will dine with Chip, Dale, Mickey, and Pluto. The best part about the character interaction, at least in my opinion, is that the characters come around to your table a lot. At many character dining meals, you will only see the characters once. Here, they keep walking around the restaurant and will visit your table 2, 3, or even 4 times. The food is also very fresh and is served family style so you don't have to worry about leaving hungry or missing a character while up at a buffet.

Ohana (Polynesian Resort) was a favorite breakfast for my family on this past trip. You will get a picture made before you are taken to your table. They have an assortment of sweet breakfast breads and a very good juice at your table, as well as a fruit plate. Then, you will get an assortment of bacon, sausage, eggs, and very good potatoes. We also received a healthy platter with vegetables, egg whites, chicken sausage, and turkey bacon. Like the Garden Grill, this is served family style. The characters are Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto. They also have a character and kid parade that the kids really seem to like.

Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom) is good. It has a breakfast lasagna that is to die for. This dining includes Pooh and friends. My advice is to book this reservation for before the park opens so that you and your family can get your picture made in front of the castle with no other guests in the photo.

My overall favorite is Tusker House breakfast at Animal Kingdom. I think it has the best food. You meet Donald outside and then inside you have Goofy, Mickey and Daisy.

Although I don't care for as much for the food, Crystal Palace in MK has the Pooh characters. You can do dinner instead of breakfast too which is nice since so many of the character meals are breakfast only.

If you want to do Princesses (my grandson loved them), I think Akershus in Epcot is better than Cinderella's Royal Table.

The quietest and most relaxing is Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. It has the best character interaction of any of them, IMO. It has Goofy, Donald and Minnie.

The only one I have not tried is Hollywood & Vine.

We took DD for her first birthday. We ate at Cinderella's Royal Table, Garden Grill, Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace.

Chef Mickey's and Garden Grill were her favorites. She's definitely a Mickey girl :)

We also like Cape May as it is more laid back than most of the buffets and has good character interaction.:thumbsup2

1900 PF is another semi-laid back character breakfast that's enjoyable. Food is good here.

We also enjoy GG in Epcot. Good interaction and they bring the food to you and it's pretty good.

Crystal Palace
Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickey's
Cape May Cafe

Thats just to name a few.
I have two daughters so we focus more on the princesses. sorry.:rolleyes1

If you were wanting to get lots of kisses for your cute little guy, then I would do CRT. However, I would save that one for when he's older and realizes that he's getting to eat in the castle.

For little ones, I would keep it simple: Garden Grill, 'Ohana Breakfast, Crystal Palace, Hollywood and Vine, and Chef Mickey's. I'm not saying do all of those, but those are the ones I would pick from.

I had a terrible waiting experience at Tusker House once--45 minutes for my table--so that's not one that I would consider if your cutie doesn't handle waiting very well.

Have fun!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter