Character meals.

Gertie100

Mouseketeer
So now we are booked for March. :cool1:

I have started to think about food (as you do). We will be having 1 blowout meal in the park, and as I have 4 year old twins who are obsessed with princesses and an 8 year old who is just happy to be at dlrp the obvious choice is the princess meal in Cinderella's place. But lots of differing opinions on every website and as there are 5 of us if we pay all that money an it's not good I am going to be disappointed.

So I need some blunt tough reviews please. Oh and also best alternative (not Cafe Mickey as we have done it) if possible please.

Thank you. :thumbsup2

Hello :)

I take you you've seen the latest menu from November as various sites still have the old one from April

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46691505&postcount=53

Honestly I think it's too much for what it is food wise but do you go for food or for the character interaction that your girls would get.

I think that sadly you have to say that food takes a 2nd role and if you can be ok with that go and do it :goodvibes

If the twins are all about princesses: go for it.

Carrie has already given a pretty accurate summary. Foodwise it is not worth it. If the twins love princesses it's worth every penny.

Maybe the 8 year old can do something special with daddy while you take the twins to see the princesses? There must be something the twins enjoy less than the 8 year old. That way everyone would get a treat.

we love Auberges its excellent for princess interaction and indoor food not as good but like previous people have said dont go for the food :wizard:

I ve been twice to this restaurant once in 2010 and again in 2012 alot had changed and dont get as much but still worth it

Was my little girl birthday last time we went and they made such a fuss but for DD6 and me with cake the bill was over 100 euros :scared1::scared1:

http://

excellent interaction

http://

Thanks all.

I'm still torn to be honest. We've been before so know exactly what a scrum meet and greet with princesses can be, but not many people have managed to queue jump in front of me and mine! ;)

We could possibly split the family up, but to be honest I'm not sure I want to!

Ok, so ignoring the character interaction for a moment; where is the best place to eat food wise?

Thanks all.

I'm still torn to be honest. We've been before so know exactly what a scrum meet and greet with princesses can be, but not many people have managed to queue jump in front of me and mine! ;)

We could possibly split the family up, but to be honest I'm not sure I want to!

Ok, so ignoring the character interaction for a moment; where is the best place to eat food wise?

Unless you are really lucky and find a princess wandering around in the parks (which hasn't happened for several months to the best of my knowledge) the only place you are guaranteed to meet a princess is the Princess Pavillion. Waits of one hour upwards, you meet one princess, and you don't know who you will see. The Belle Christmas Meet and Greet is gone and Rapunzel's Meet has been gone since last summer.

My boyfriend's and my own favorite meal is the Character Brunch at Inventions on Sundays. That one is very good foodwise too. He also likes Blue Bayou a lot.

Hi :wave2:

I think it depends on on what you want to get from it. To be honest, I like the food there, however I know more people dislike it than like it.

The character interaction is fantastic, we've had wonderful experiences both times we've been.

I'd rather go to the meal than queue for an hour in the Princess Pavillion, as you get to meet the two mice, three princesses and a prince and have a meal, however there are only the two of us so it will be very expensive for a family.

The one thing that I like about the Pavillion is the chance to have a professional photo taken which is missing from the meal, which I think is mad as I'm sure some people would buy them, I certainly would. I like the photos I have taken but I'd really like some of the professional ones of her with the princesses. I think they did do something like that before, not sure why it stopped.

Overall, it just depends on whether you feel meeting the characters is worth the expense, then the meal is an added bonus if you like it. My daughter is princess crazy, so to me it's worth it and we will always go for a meal there during our trips.

Hi Gertie and friends
Hope you don't mind me joining you on your thread... I also have twins but mine are a boy and a girl who will be 8 the day before go to DLP. I don't think Ewan would be keen to go for a princess meal- although Erin and her cousin would love it!:bitelip:
Am I right in thinking that now the only other options for a character meal is Inventions (on a Sunday) or Café Mickey?
We went to Café Mickey when they were 3 and liked it but the last time when they were 6 we went to Cowboy Cookout and the characters were brilliant with them and spent a while with them. It is a shame they don't do it there anymore.
We leave DLP on the Sunday so a bit tight-time wise to fit in Brunch so I guess it will need to be Café Mickey:confused:
Fiona
Another thought.....what is breakfast like there? Or do we stick to lunch or dinner?

Inventions have a character dinner every night, I did this is June and really enjoyed it. It's much more expensive than Cafe Mickey but also a much more enjoyable meal and fantastic character interaction!

With auberge, like others have said, it depends what you are going there for.

Yes it is expensive, but if you have included the price in your budget before you go, you kind of accept what it is costing and just enjoy it. We just thought we spent so much money getting there in the first place, we may as well make the most of the holiday and do something you can only do at disney.

We have been to auberge twice with our princess mad daughter. The look on her face was worth every penny, she was on cloud nine for days the first time we went and she felt like belle was truly her friend when we left.

I'm so glad we did that when we did, she was 3 and 5 when we were there. She's now nearly seven, and says she doesn't want to go when we visit next month. I will treasure those memories for ever, they are only little for such a short time. The photos and video that we have are fantastic. You can't compare the experience with the pavillion, while that is certainly a great option if you can't afford the lunch, the interaction isn't the same.

We found the food ok, and another bonus was that it was a relaxing meal. We were there for 2 hours, and our children enjoyed every minute, while the grown ups got to relax and have a drink! We don't often get to that with our 2!

I hope ou have a lovely time whatever you decide to do :goodvibes

Is it weird for just adults to go to the character dinners? I'd really like to go to one, but my friend and I have no kids to use as an excuse :lmao:

Why not? I don't think there's a sign "Must be accompanied by a child". Go ahead, it will be great experience

Is it weird for just adults to go to the character dinners? I'd really like to go to one, but my friend and I have no kids to use as an excuse :lmao:

DFi and I have had dinner at Inventions twice. Just us, no kids. We loved it both times, the interaction was still great (albeit a little brief compared to family tables) and no one seemed surprised to see us there alone. :thumbsup2

I go solo most of the times, at the maximum accompanied by my boyfriend. Not weird at all. You see many adult only tables, especially at Inventions.

We saw loads of couples and even groups in Cafe Mickey and Inventions without any children and I didn't think it was odd at all. I even did the character breakfast with my cousin many years ago and we were both adults. No reason you should have to have children with you.

we have done the auberge a good few times now. on our last trip my dd didn't like the childrens menu and at 5 had the good sense to say mammy there is no point spending all that money to go to a restaurant and not like the food lol.

it has since changed so we will go back on our next trip.

i do enjoy going there, it has a lovely quiet atmosphere and the interaction is great for kids. the last time we went had put me off though. i usually go at 12 but had booked a table for two or half past this time. we didn't see the mice and one princess missed us. so after all that money we only got to see snow white and her prince and cinderella and her prince. their interaction more than made up for it. she had told snow white she was singing to rapunzel earlier so snow white had her sing a song for her and then went and told cinderella and she had to sing for her too. then they all came back for a group picture.

overall if there is something on the menu that you would eat then try it, the kids will love it. you say there are five of you, would it be an option for just one adult to take the girls? that would save about 60 euros and could be used to get pizza in cafe mickey another day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter