Character Meals

northwest1965

Mouseketeer
What character meal can you recommend and where was it?
Some guide price would be good too if you can help.

Do they have anything like the Whispering Canyon cafe (Wilderness Lodge) in Florida?

A big thumbs up for Cafe Mickey from us. We've eaten here 3 times now, twice at 6pm and once at 12pm. If I had to choose, I would say the evening meal was favourite but purely because we tend to eat our main meal at that time. After a big meal, I just want to chill out not go back to the parks!

We saw so many characters, and had some brilliant interaction. It's also lovely to watch other families having their interaction too. It makes for a fabulous atmosphere for all.

Prices vary according to what you want. We pre booked our meals, a 3 course for me and dh and kids meal for ds. I think it cost around €60 however, you can go in and order a pizza to share for much less.

I have to say that the tomato soup starter is the nicest tomato soup me and dh have ever tasted, delicious. I love the beer battered cod with chips. Hubby had different things each time we've been - a steak (could have been better), lasagne (ok but very small portion for price) and a burger (loved it).

The thing with Cafe Mickey is that it isn't cordon bleu food, it's about the characters and interaction.

Ive only tried cafe mickey but would highly recommend it the character intervention was fab we went at 12 and it was so quiet we spent ages with each character , we spent 2 hours in here lol

Some people highly recommend Inventions (well be eating there next week :cool1:)

I'd also add Inventions in addition to Cafe Mickey.

It's in the DLH, lovely setting and atmosphere, excellent buffet food and great character interaction - we saw eight characters the times we ate here in the evening. It is also more relaxed than CM.

We luv cafe mickey also, the character interaction is fantastic:thumbsup2. my dds luved it there and there faces when they see mickey and co is priceless!!

Another vote for Inventions here. We were staying at the DLH and our premium vouchers covered the evening buffet there. The food was superb, not a huge choice but some real quality food - prawns & crabs legs in their shells etc. Never been to a character meal before so I've nothing to compare it with but we were really pleased with the interaction - probably about one every 10-15 mins ... Goofy even sneaked up behind me and put his hands over my eyes as I was walking back from the buffet with a plate full of food! :scared1: :rotfl:

Definitely Cafe Mickey - atmosphere is great with singing and dancing - plenty of characters - normally book for about 6.30pm

Went to Inventions for the first time in October and while the food was excellent, the price was expensive (€170 for 2 adults and 3 children) and the character interaction was very poor.

Went in the Lucky Nugget a few years ago and was very disappointed with seating and service, so left after about 10 minutes.

We had a booking for lucky nugget but took one look and walked out because it looked half empty, horribly pokey, there was no atmosphere, they were going to seat us right by the door (on the upper level because we have someone in a wheelchair) and the only characters we could see were 2 unknowns down on the lower level right by the buffet.

Another vote for Cafe Mickey. We went kind of accidentally about 9pm last May and nearly passed out with the excitement! There were loads of good characters who came round the tables but we loved the dancing the most.
We've not been to any other but will definitely go back in March and might also look at Inventions.

Yep would definately agree with the Inventions choice - thats our favorite character meal - be warned it is expensive though. have a lovely time where ever you go! :banana::banana::banana:

I vote Cafe Mickey! We had a wonderful lunch there with our dd. Arrived at about 12.30 just as the characters were coming out and it wasn't at all busy!

Wouldn't recommend breakfast there because it was so busy!

I vote Cafe Mickey and Lucky Nugget:thumbsup2

We ate at Lucky nugget last December and all thought it was fab, there was a very good selection of tex mex food and a bril live band, i just loved the whole theming of it there (very wild west saloon style), it is small but it wasnt busy so felt quite cosy. We were sat right in the middle inbetween the buffet and the live band. we saw loads of characters including Mickey, Jesse, Goofy, and Eeyore.

Were going to try Inventions this year so hoping that will be even better

Melanie

I vote Cafe Mickey aswell, our trip is not complete without a meal here...its so much fun.

Ok the food is medicore, but the atmosphere electric.

Cafe Mickeys - Disney Village - Mix of Characters I've seen include Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, chip and dale, Prince John, Gideon, Stich, Hook, Smee, Scrooge....

Lucky Nuggets - Disneyland Park - Mix of Characters I've seen include Mickey, Pluto, Gepeto, Genie, chip and dale, Gideon.

auberge de cendrillon - Disneyland Park - Princesses, Ive never been, dont like the look of the menu, (Typically french food)

Inventions - Disneyland Hotel - Characters unknown since Ive never been to this, seems a little pricey for me, when I love Cafe mickeys so much and dont see inventions offering anything over Cafe Mickeys.

The Steakhouse - Disney Village - whilst there 2weeks ago I noticed a poster up outside the steakhouse, advertising Sunday Brunch with the Disney Characters.

And this ones a bit of a wild card;
Pizza Planet between 10:00 - 14:00, Whilst Santa is occupying Woodys roundup for his christmas village, Woody and Jessie are doing Meet and Greats inside Pizza Planet, therefore it is affectivly an eat and greet. Whilst I was there 2 weeks ago, Woody would appear and go straight to and stayed at the photo area, but if there was no-one waiting at the photo area Jessie Wandered around the tables meeting people and playing with kids in the play centre. Was great for my Toy Story mad Daughter.

Buffalo Bills - Mickey and freinds are now part of the show but dont know if you get to meet them.

we had lunch at auberge de cendrillon as my 4.5 year old dd is princess mad and it was a massive hit with us. we spent 2.5hours there and met belle, sleeping beauty and snow white about 3 times each. the food was the best we had in the park. it was expensive (£41 per adult £16 per child) but we will definitely do it again

I would defo recomment cafe mickey and inventions, doing the princess meal next visit so cant comment on that. I think birthday/tea partys are available at the lucky nugget which are a little cheaper. Also a good way to meet sum charaters is to nip into the disneyland hotel at 4pm where they do a little parade/show in the foyer, not a eat and greet but free and a nice way to meet lots of them with out a scrum:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter