Character meals & photo packages

amw

need a new tag
Which meal locations (character meals or otherwise) currently offer photo packages for sale? And what is the going rate for the pics?

Trying to plan for a Grand Gathering down the line. :)

CRT and Akershus has photo packages included with the meal.

Others are Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, 1900 Park Fare and I can't recall if there are others with a photo package. I want to say they are around the $25 range, but not positive.

The 'Spirit of Aloha' dinner show at the Polynesian also takes pics. I believe it was $29 when we bought the set of 1 8x10 and 4 4x6's this past February.

For the 'photo inclusive' meals (CRT, Akershus)--they give you 1 set of pictures for 1-4 people, and 2 sets for 5-8 people. Not sure of what they do if you have more than 8...the most we've travelled with is 8.

Going to ask a dumb question, lol.
We'll be eating at Akershus & are on the DDP. Will the picture package still be included?
& we'll get 2 packages since we're a party of 6?

We did the 1900 Park Fare breakfast in June and I want to say the photo package was over $30, maybe even $35+, but am not positive of the exact price that we paid although I know it was under $40.

When we did Norway for lunch a few years ago and were on the DDP. The picture package was included then and I don't think that has changed.

Photo pakgs are 29.95 plus tax.. They are offered at Chef Mickeys, Park fare, Ohana bfast, Spirit of aloha, and hoop de doo revue. and Tusker house.Photo pkgs at CRT and Askerhous(or however it is spelled) is inlcuded in the price of the meal, but the meal is priced higher than the other meals..The photo pkg at each location inlcudes one 8by 6 photo and 4 4by 6 photos packages in a nice folder..with the exception of park fare their pkg is 1 8 by 6 photo and 2 4 by 6 photos...

I don't know if they're still doing this or not (maybe a more recent guest will tell you), but when we went in December, each time we bought one of the pkgs, we received a $10 coupon for another pkg.

In other words, we used the coupon we received at Ohana for $10 off the pkg at Chef Mickey's and so on. The coupons really helped because I'm always a sucker for those photos. :rolleyes:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but by the time you get there Disney is discontinuing the Grand Gatherings. It's on page one of the Disboards.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Grandgathering.htm

No, they are discontinuing Grand Gathering Experiences ... ie. the meal experiences. Hence the need for new food options. ;)

Grand Gatherings -- linking multiple room reservations together -- will still happen. Ours is already booked for next August. There are no other benefits though.

Going to ask a dumb question, lol.
We'll be eating at Akershus & are on the DDP. Will the picture package still be included?
& we'll get 2 packages since we're a party of 6?

Both questions the answer is yes...pics included on DDP and 2 packages b/c of party size :)

When I got the photo package at Tusker House last month it had 1 8x6, 4 4x6 and 2 4x6 bonus pics of Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Goofy posing together in their safari attire. I paid cash so can't remember the exact amount, but even with tax, I swear it was more than 29.95...more like 34.95 plus tax.

At Akershus we were a party of 6 so we did get two photo packages. This meant that we got two different poses---you don't have to get both packages the same.

Where can you get a frame for an 8 x 6 picture? WHen you say that you got a photo package with the characters, was it just them or you and them? Looking to get some pictures of me & dh with or without characters. Thanks

Where can you get a frame for an 8 x 6 picture? WHen you say that you got a photo package with the characters, was it just them or you and them? Looking to get some pictures of me & dh with or without characters. Thanks

It depends on the restaurant. CRT, Akershus, Tusker house are with characters, CM and 1900 are in front of a background, for example.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter