Character Meals, Leave a tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueLeader

Earning My Ears
Dining at 1900 Park Fare for the 'other' Cinderella dinner later this week. I know it is a buffet. Is it customary to leave a tip? Or is it already included? How much for family of four? Thanks!

It is customary at Disney buffets, yes. The servers should be bringing you drinks, answering your questions about the food if you have any, refilling drinks if you need that, clearing plates to make room for you to bring more plates of food, etc. you're not left entirely alone (or you shouldn't be) through the meal.

I would check with WDW dining but the Buffets ususally have an 18% tip included per person price. The last time I went to a buffet was at Goofy's DL for the breakfast. The person taking payment told me the tip was included. We did the last buffet a little under a year ago. I have attended the WDW buffets but since it was some time ago I can not be 100% sure if it was included or not.

Bumpershoot is a very informed disney traveler and knows her disney information. I wonder if it is different from DL v WDW.

We did leave extra for the "server" as she and her bus -person did a great job keeping plates cleared and water glasses/ pop glasses filled ( I know pop for breakfast-- Pepsi/coke is my caffine of choice ).

At the end of the day have a wonderful meal.

Dining at 1900 Park Fare for the 'other' Cinderella dinner later this week. I know it is a buffet. Is it customary to leave a tip? Or is it already included? How much for family of four? Thanks!

The tip isn't included in the price so you will need to leave that on top :)

The only places that have the tip included are CRT and the dinner shows which are all pre-paid in full.

Buffet or not ,ALWAYS TIP. Leave at least two to three dollars per person at. The table.

coluk003 said:
Buffet or not ,ALWAYS TIP. Leave at least two to three dollars per person at. The table.

Although that might be the norm in the outside world, it's not at WDW. A TS is a TS and printed on the bottom of your receipt there will be suggested amounts of 18% and 20%. You may of course leave whatever you like unless you are a party of 6 or more then the 18% is automatically added to your check.

Please refer all discussion on tipping to the Tipping Information sticky thread.

You will only have an included tip of 18% if you are a party of 6 or more or if you are using the Tables in Wonderland discount. Otherwise, you tip whatever you feel is sufficient. There will be suggested tip amounts on the receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter