Character Meals at Hotels?

willis37862

<font color=navy>Captain Jack is still my fave JD
I was wondering if anyone has done the character meals at any of the universal resorts? I read that they have one at each of the resorts. If so did you like it, would you do it again. I love disney character meals and thought this would be a fun way to meet different characters. Thanks for any help. :goodvibes

We ate at the Confisco Grill character break fast. We met Spider man, Thing 1 & 2. Also, the Cat in the Hat. The food was ok, but what made it fun was the characters. Hope I made have helped :smooth: !

Yes thank you :goodvibes . I would love to meet the cat in the hat and spiderman. :goodvibes Anyone else?

Is there a character breakfast/dinner at RPR? I hope to stay there in May and my boys would love to see the characters at the hotel.

What about character meals at the Portofino ? We're headed this coming Monday & it would awesome for my DS 3. Thanks !!! :cheer2:

Here is the brochure information that was provided for us upon check-in:

Islands Dining Room

Nightly Entertainment (subject to change w/out notice):
From 6:30-9:00pm
Monday Universal Orlando Characters
Tuesday Universal Orlando Characters
Wed. Doctor Cardoo, our local Witch Doctor(???)
Thurs. Face Painter & Balloonist
Friday Hula Dancer & Strolling Musician
Sat. Universal Orlando Characters
Sun. Hula Dancer & Strolling Musician

Dinner Daily 5-11pm;
Islands Dinner Buffet served Friday and Saturday
Children's Buffet (ages 3-12) served nightly in Kid's Dining Room ($3.99 per child)

Didn't try Island for Dinner. Only lunch. So can't comment about the character nights.

How far in advance to they take reservations for the character meals??? Our dates are March 24, 2006. Can I make ressies this early?? We will be staying at PBH (first time).

We are trying a couple of days at Universal before our WDW stay. I feel so dumb about Universal. Ugh. I am so used to knowing everything I need to know about WDW. :guilty:

THANKS for any info!! Any specific character meal recommendations??

Lives4Disney :earsgirl:

We did the character breakfast at the Confisco grill on 12/16/05. The food is what you would expect for a buffet - not bad pretty big selection. Not an inexpensive meal - it was about $67 for 2 adults and 2 children. While the food is definitely not worth that much but the 20 minutes my DS got to spend talking ono-on-one with Spiderman was priceless! He was in awe! And the SPiderman we met was wonderful - great with the kids! We also got to see Thing 1 and Thing 2 who don't speak but are soooo funny! I had never done a character breakfast before (DD is 8 and was last at WDW when she was 4 and deathly afraid of ALL characters) and was so happy we did this one. We were there on a slow week - not only did we not have reservations but there were only 3 other tables occupied while we were there. So there might be less character time if it's busier. If your kids like Spiderman definitely go! Have fun!

We did on at Royal Pacific in May of 2004. I made advanced reservations because I thought it would be like Disney, but we felt like we were the only ones there. Curious George and Woody Woodpecker were there. I don't think we paid any extra for anything. We just ordered off the menu. It wasn't as good as Disney in our eyes but our children weren't as familar with these characters. I hope this helps.

Am I correct from this info that the character meals are not on a set schedule at any one hotel on any one day? We are at HRH starting on 2/4/06 and don't want to miss this for the kids.

We did the islands dining room character buffet dinner with Scooby and Shaggy. It was awesome and the food was great. Only spoiled by a couple of guests with absolutely no manners or food hygiene who were letting kids touch all the food and handling it themselves. :dog:

I just called today to get this same info and this is what I was told.

Only Character Breakfast is at Confisco Grill at IOA.
Thur-Sun 9:00 - 10:30 Grinch, Cat in the Hat, Spiderman & Wolverine

Character Dinners:

Islands Dining at RPR - Mon, Tues & Sat. 6:30-9:30 PM
Monday - Scooby & Shaggy
Tues - Shrek
Sat - Universal Characters

Kitchen at HRH - Sat 6-9PM
Universal Characters

Trattoria? at PBH - Fridays
Universal Characters

left210 said:
I just called today to get this same info and this is what I was told.

Only Character Breakfast is at Confisco Grill at IOA.
Thur-Sun 9:00 - 10:30 Grinch, Cat in the Hat, Spiderman & Wolverine

Character Dinners:

Islands Dining at RPR - Mon, Tues & Sat. 6:30-9:30 PM
Monday - Scooby & Shaggy
Tues - Shrek
Sat - Universal Characters

Kitchen at HRH - Sat 6-9PM
Universal Characters

Trattoria? at PBH - Fridays
Universal Characters

Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter