Character Meals and Lots of Pirates: Finished except for Photos

I still can't believe we ran into each other again on that path! That was so Random! Worked well for pictures though! Except for Alice who just ESCAPED. She is one sneaky girl!!

And Peter Pan with Alice in Wonderland characters? Interesting....

Sit up straight and face front from the second you're allowed into the Star Speeder. Don't put the glasses on until the cast member tells you and keep your hands away from your face (to avoid awkward photos where it looks like you're picking your nose or something) I never even wore a Disney shirt on the trip let alone a ST2 one ;)

That would be cool if I got chosen.

Sorry for the lack of updates this week... I was the victim of credit card fraud and between working and freaking out over that I haven't had a lot of time... And it's probably not getting better soon because for the next ten days it's the Calgary Stampede so if I'm not at work I'll probably be down at the grounds watching the rodeo and checking out the cowboys... Anyone interested in a 'trip report' from my visits to the rodeo?

Sorry for the lack of updates this week... I was the victim of credit card fraud and between working and freaking out over that I haven't had a lot of time... And it's probably not getting better soon because for the next ten days it's the Calgary Stampede so if I'm not at work I'll probably be down at the grounds watching the rodeo and checking out the cowboys... Anyone interested in a 'trip report' from my visits to the rodeo?

Wow. Credit card fraud seems to be getting worse. Have had several guests complain about it. I had my checking account info taken twice this year. Also, saw in the paper here where someone was caught making cc copies from the gas pumps. I live in a pretty safe community...so if it happens here, it can happen anywhere. Sorry to hear about yours.

Let's Rodeo!

I am a little late on the updates but I love your character meal photos!!
I really wanna do a character meal sometime soon, haven't done one since I was like 2 yrs old! But all my friends are cheap and dont wanna pay that much for a meal :(
How funny that you ran into Paula later on that day!
Looking forward to more TR and photos! :)

When I left off I was just finishing a trip on the “wildest ride in the wilderness” I actually did the goat trick for the first time (after finally finding out what it is about a week before my trip) and it definitely worked! I was getting a bit hungry at this point so I went to Refreshment Corner for a stuffed pretzel. I had the regular pretzel and a coke and sat down in the tiny seating area to enjoy it… I hadn’t been there five minutes when all the brats from the Big Thunder Mountain line arrived and took over two tables with a group of 12-15 and proceeding to make and ton of noise and disturb everyone who was enjoying the peace and quiet there (there were many heads turning in their direction to give them dirty looks) Not wanting to be around them again I quickly finished my pretzel and moved on. I wandered through the shops on that side of the street and debated heading back to my room for a break but then I remembered that I still had my Space Mountain fastpass and I wasn’t sure if I’d get a chance to use it after I came back for Fantasmic so I wandered a bit more just enjoying the atmosphere. I know I rode a couple more rides (probably Pirates and HM as I seemed to be riding them every couple of hours or so on this trip – hence the TR name) then finally it was time to head over to Space Mountain for my ride. I went through the fastpass line and got on basically right away – though not without laughing at the idiot teens in front of me: one of whom managed to drop his hat while we were on the bridge part of the line over the tracks right in front of a ride vehicle and couldn’t get the attention of the CM manning the launch before he launched the next rocket which made the hat disappear from view. The really dumb part about this: they’d stopped here for no reason as the line didn’t stretch that far and had obviously been fooling around to drop the hat over a wall that high. I enjoyed the ride as usual then I’m really not sure what I did… Pretty sure I went to the Kodak store and bought the gallery CD for the free Photopass CD (which I am happy to report included free international shipping too – at least as far as Canada!) but I really have no idea what I did for a while (Mental note: Actually use the notebook to take notes next time!!!) My fastpass was for 1:30-2:00 and I’m pretty sure I used it around 1:45ish but I don’t remember going back to my room until around 3pm so I have no idea how I filled the next hour or so… Photopass pictures were definitely involved though as I have a bunch from this morning.

(I just realized this was the day that I’d forgotten to put in earrings so this gave me the excuse I needed to buy the ones I’d been eying since last summer in WDW. Scroll Mickey heads. I checked the shops in DL but couldn’t find them so I headed into World of Disney. I couldn’t find them so I hung around a display case in the jewelry section until a CM finally asked if she could help me. I’d tried to ask a couple of different CMs in the section but they were very involved in a personal conversation and completely ignored me (a MAJOR pet peeve of mine) She directed me to the right area and I found them immediately. I took them to the cash and bought them declining the bag as the little jewel box would fit better in my purse without it. I put the earrings in right after paying for them which delighted the CM at the cash – she also really liked the earrings and didn’t recognize them which we shared a laugh over when I pointed out the display they were in literally five feet from her till.)

So around 3pm I was exhausted and really ready for an afternoon break. I walked back to the Sheraton and changed back into my PJs and read/napped for a couple of hours. I set my alarm for 5:30 or so I believe and when it went off I was feeling a whole lot better. I got dressed (in a whole new outfit that I never really showed off) through my heavier sweater into my purse (with great difficulty but eventually it fit!) and headed back to the parks. I thought I stopped for a picture on my way in but not according to either my camera or photopass so I guess not.

Not sure if I mentioned this recently or not so in case you’ve all forgotten: I splurged this time and got the dessert package for Fantasmic! as I’d never seen the show in DL and really wanted a good spot. Since I knew I needed to be at the check-in area at 8pm to get my seats assigned – after a quick stop at City Hall to pick up my ticket and find out exactly where that was – I headed over and found the podium then got in line for Haunted Mansion. I was behind a family in line with two boys – probably 9 and 14 – the youngest said something about being afraid of the ride and someone else in the family asked him why and he said that looking up and seeing the hanging body in the stretching room scared him. I had to laugh when his brother pointed out a possible solution “so don’t look up” I chatted a bit with the family through the line and rode behind the older son in my Doom Buggy (I was really tempted to knock on the back of it and see if I could scare him but I resisted the urge) I don’t think I mentioned a story from my first ride through the Haunted Mansion from this trip. After we got out of the stretch room groups kept trying to cut through each other and everyone was getting all mixed up – I didn’t really care as I was solo so I was just continuing through the line but one group kept assuming that I was with another group ahead so they kept grabbing their kids and trying to let me pass I finally said that I wasn’t with anyone I was there solo prompting the son (probably 15 or 16) of the group in front of us (who they thought I was with) to turn to me and say “you can ride with me if you want” I choked back a chuckle and told him thanks but I liked riding solo. After this trip through HM I headed over to Pirates (are you sensing a theme yet?) and rode that. I got chatting with another family in line – like usual – but laughed and waved when I spotted the family I’d been talking to at HM about 15 people in front of me in line. The woman I was talking to at the time offered to let me cut through to “my group” but I told her the story about teasing his little brother in line for HM and explained I was visiting solo.

By the time I finished PotC it was about 7:30 and there were several people in line to get their seats assigned for the show so I queued up too. I wasn’t in any big hurry to do much walking. I decided before I left home to save some weight in my suitcase and some heat on my feet and bring my light pull on Sketcher sneakers and very light socks. Unfortunately I have really bad knees and find they hurt a lot when I do a lot of walking (like at DL) when I don’t have good arch support (and these shoes have practically none) so my knees were pretty sore when I’d headed back to the room. Instead of putting those back on I’d put on my flip flops which actually have arch support but I don’t walk in them a lot normally so I was a little worried they would start to rub. Long story short I got in line and waited to get my seats assigned at 8.

I was only a couple of groups back (and a couple of people ahead of me were checking in for the second show) so when I got to the front of the line there were lots of options left including one seat in the front row in the section farthest to the left when you’re facing RoA (closest to the center of the show) so I jumped on that one. They seemed surprised I was there by myself asking for all of my tickets when I checked in. I explained that I was solo and the girl checking me in thought that was a great idea. After checking in they suggested that we return 15-20 minutes before the show to get settled and I looked around and decided that in 45 minutes I could probably ride both PotC and HM again… So I did.

When it was time to check in I returned to the podium and had my only… not really bad but strange… experience with a CM. I brought my ticket back and checked in and the guy – who’s name I can’t remember and who of course had to be the helper/waiter person for my section – said my whole group had to be with me to go to my seats. I told him I was my whole group that I was there by myself and he made a really shocked face and seemed almost offended by that. It was so over the top that my – occasionally very big mouth – ran away from me for a minute and I asked him “Is that okay?” with lots of sarcasm. He spent the rest of the experience really treating me weirdly and making a big show of offering me everything making sure that he addressed the family sitting beside me (the seats are in a group of five and a family had the first four) then would ask me separately and kind of sarcastically. He would offer them the drinks and they would answer then it would be my turn – maybe it was me or I was over-sensitive to him because of the first reaction but it really bothered me through the whole experience every time he was around. I was so happy when Fantasmic! started and he stopped talking to me!

My dessert tray
DSCN0258-1.jpg

Speaking of Fantasmic! here are a few of my pictures… And an explanation of why some of them are a little strange. So that morning I had turned off the option to view my photos after taking them so that I could take pictures faster… This came back to bit me during Fantasmic! because it took me a long time to figure out that instead of switching my camera to nighttime or a similar setting it ended up on “Fireworks” so I have some very interesting shots of the show and then finally some decent ones after I figured out why it was taking a minute for each picture.

DSCN0278.jpg

DSCN0277.jpg

These are actually a couple pretty neat pictures of Pan and Hook fighting…
DSCN0282.jpg

DSCN0281.jpg

Oh not fireworks got it!
DSCN0286.jpg

DSCN0289.jpg

DSCN0287.jpg

DSCN0315.jpg

DSCN0314.jpg

DSCN0290.jpg

The water is on fire how cool is that?!?
DSCN0313.jpg

Steamboat Willie!
DSCN0304.jpg

Dopey for my sister
DSCN0308.jpg

After the show was over they suggested we stay in our seats for the fireworks and brought anyone who wanted one another drink. (Yay more hot chocolate!)

Fireworks do photograph well on the fireworks setting
DSCN0325.jpg

DSCN0331.jpg

DSCN0330.jpg

DSCN0345.jpg

DSCN0347.jpg

Pretty sure this next one is Flora and Merryweather fighting over pink and blue (my sister and I were colour co-coordinated red and blue as kids so our parents could tell us apart so we always loved this part of the movie!
DSCN0369.jpg

After the fireworks were done I wanted to ride a couple of things in Fantasyland… Okay mostly I wanted to ride Dumbo. So I walked over to FL and looked around and realized – to my dismay – that Dumbo was closed. So I jumped on the carousel instead.
Self-portrait on my horse
DSCN0384.jpg

By the time I got off the carousel Dumbo was running again so I quickly jumped in the almost empty line and was on the second flight
Self-portrait in “my” Dumbo
DSCN0386.jpg

The castle (sorta) from Dumbo
DSCN0388.jpg

I figured I’d had enough for the night and it was around 11pm or so and I had a VERY early morning the next day so I headed out of the park… but not before stopping for one last Photopass shot – and I actually got him to use my camera too (he was very impressed that I actually had it on the night setting)
DSCN0389.jpg

I headed back to my hotel and set my alarm for 5:30 am :scared1: and called it a night.

Up next Would I make it through checking out of the Sheraton and checking into PPH all in time to get to MMH and ride Star Tours 2 again?

I mentioned Charlie Brown and Snoopy were in the airport at SNA but still hadn't pulled the pic off my phone so here it is...
361edc1c.jpg

I loved the update!! What did you have under the sweatshirt? Also, I love the picture with you, Charlie Brown and Snoopy. I have never seen Charlie Brown like that but I have Snoopy alot.

Your airport visit looks like so much fun! Wouldn't it be great if every trip to the airport consisted of meeting Mickey and Minnie, and Charlie and Snoopy? I think travelers would be in much better moods.
Your first couple of Fantasmic! shots are really great! :rotfl2: But seriously, the ones where you got your camera all figured out are really good. It's so hard to get decent nighttime shots sometimes. I really like some of your fireworks photos too. :goodvibes
And your Disney Dooney!! Ahhh! I love the Princess collection! I have a small wristlet in the same print. It is my favorite. :)

Love the update Allison! Pirates is an awesome ride to keep riding over & over again!

Too funny on the Fireworks setting. My camera is supposed to have a fireworks setting but I couldn't find it!! I had mine set to either Auto or Low light. A few times I found it still on low light when I wanted it on regular but it didn't create any weird pictures like yours!!

Bummer on the CM at F! Looked like overall it was a good view though!

Wow, you got in a ton of rides that evening! Glad you found some nice people to entertain you in line. Your good F! photos turned out well, the night setting must do its job. And no close ups of your new earrings?!

Yay! Awesome TR. We were there (and did the Fantasmic dessert thing too) just before you. Can't wait to read more. :surfweb:

I loved the update!! What did you have under the sweatshirt? Also, I love the picture with you, Charlie Brown and Snoopy. I have never seen Charlie Brown like that but I have Snoopy alot.

Under the sweatshirt is the same shirt I had on the last two days but in cream instead of pink (day 1) and green (day 2) you'll also see it in blue (day 4). Can you tell I really liked that shirt?

Unfortunate CM encounter withstanding, what did you think of Fantasmic at Disneyland? It's very near and dear to my heart and maybe someday I'll see it at WDW although I've heard that the DLR version is better (might be home turf bias though). I did the premium viewing with the dessert box last September and really loved every second of it, although some of my fondest memories are from camping out along ROA.

Great update!

Unfortunate CM encounter withstanding, what did you think of Fantasmic at Disneyland? It's very near and dear to my heart and maybe someday I'll see it at WDW although I've heard that the DLR version is better (might be home turf bias though). I did the premium viewing with the dessert box last September and really loved every second of it, although some of my fondest memories are from camping out along ROA.

Great update!

I really liked the dessert seating. Since I was solo I probably could have walked up and gotten a decent spot but I liked having the seat - and the dessert too - although it was way too much food for me. I could have taken it back to my room but then I would have had to carry it around Fantasyland with me...

I saw it for the first time in WDW last August and this was the first time I'd seen the DL version. I don't really have a preference for one over the other although the reserved seating in DL in much better than then WDW version (it's WAY off the the side). I liked seeing the different parts and Captain Hook and Peter Pan fighting was awesome.

The pictures turned out funny because of the super-long exposure for fireworks but I think some of those pictures are pretty neat - if a little psychadelic acid trippy :rotfl:

Last night of work for this week off to the rodeo Monday and maybe Tuesday too. I will be bringing my camera and my sister and I'll be sure to post them here. (The pictures - I don't think I could actually post my sister :rolleyes1) I'll even have a rip off Dole Whip :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter