Character Meals Advice

CrispImage

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We are travelling to the USA (we live in Australia) for a once in a lifetime visit to Disneyworld.
Our reservation window for meals opens next week so l need to decide what to book.

Here is what we are thinking and would love your advice. We don't plan on sitting down to eat every night and apart from seeing the princesses and mickey etc we don't have anything in particular in mind - just want good fun, fun and entertainment. The children are 8 and 9.

-DD8 would like to go to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and then l thought we could do lunch at Cinderalla's Royal Table.

-Princess Storybook Dinning at Akershus Royal Dinning Hall
-Chef Mickeys
- Hollywood & Vine for the Fantasmic show dinner package.

Would love to know what you think of these and if you have any other suggestions.

We are staying off site (Sheraton Vistana) for the first week and then we are staying 4 nights at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort.

We also have tickets for Cirque Du Soliel.

Thanks
K

Since your DD is only 8 and you want to do a lot of character meals, I would suggest that you look into getting the Disney Dining Plan. It will probably save you money. Your schedule looks good to me except Hollywood and Vine. It's not a very good restaurant and I would go with one of the other places at DHS.

BTW, my DD love the BBB at 8-years old. She got the rock-star look which was more fun and "grown-up" than the little-girl princess look.

Here she is giving me that 8-year old "look":

BBB3.jpg

Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club for breakfast is good. Breakfast is the only meal that characters are at. We had the first seating and it was a lot more relaxed than some other character meals that we have been to. Maybe because it was so early?

We happen to like Hollywood and Vine and usually go every trip.

The Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom is always good. They will be closed for renovations early next year, I am not sure when you are going? I really like the breakfast there.

Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club for breakfast is good. Breakfast is the only meal that characters are at. We had the first seating and it was a lot more relaxed than some other character meals that we have been to. Maybe because it was so early?

We happen to like Hollywood and Vine and usually go every trip.

The Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom is always good. They will be closed for renovations early next year, I am not sure when you are going? I really like the breakfast there.
We had a late seating at Cape May, and it was also very relaxed. I think because there are several small rooms instead of one big room, and also because the characters come through one right after the other instead of evenly spaced out, so you eat for a while, meet *all* the characters, then eat awhile longer (depending on where in your meal the characters come by). Whereas at Akershus or Crystal Palace, you get a couple minutes to cram food in your mouth, and there's the first character. A little while longer, next character, and so on. It feels like you barely have time to eat anything before the next character, much less can you find a time to go to the buffet without missing a character.

That said, I feel like Crystal Palace has the most interesting food. I'd probably have gone with Crystal Palace (after BBB), Akershus, and either Tusker House or Cape May (or possibly 'Ohana).

We were pretty happy with Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic dining package.

We loved 1900 Park Fare for dinner. It is Cinderella, Prince Charming, The evil Stepmother and the stepsisters and they are a HOOT. It is fun for girls, boys, and adults. The food is really good also. It is at the GF, so it is easy to get from the MK to the GF on the monorail.

CRT, Askerhus and Chef Mickey's you will see plenty of princesses and the big five; Mickey Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Donald. If you miss one of the princesses you can usually find them somewhere else in the parks. For example, Snow White appears in the German Pavilion in Epcot, Aurora and Belle in France and Jasmine in Morocco. Ariel has the Grotto in the MK.

My daughter did BBB and then CRT on this past trip. She had an absolutley great time. She wore the Mickey hair pin every day after her appointment. Here's a picture of her at CRT lunch all dressed up. This is the princess do.

IMG_0081.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter