Character Meal with no kids???

katiemely

Proud Seabee Wife
Was thinking about booking a character meal for my honey's and my Valentine's trip. Maybe Supercalifragilistic breakfast or Ohana or maybe Garden Grove. My question is: Is it weird for us to go with no kids? We usually have our pics taken with characters in the park but to go for the character dining? Have you done it?

My wife and I did two character meals last year (when the kids stayed home).

We went to the Garden Grill and had a GREAT time!!! We were the 1st family (seated around 4pm) and got extra pictures with all the characters. WE really enjoyed this dining experience and got to see all the characters including my wife's favorite Pluto

We also went to the Tusker House in DAK. They put us at a very small table and was very close to another family. This experience to me was ok. I got to see my favorite Donald Duck but several of the other characters skipped over us. It was also very very busy and LOUD. I don't think I would do this one again ... maybe with the kids.

Overall.... we had fun at the character meals... we are big kids ourselves!!! :)

not at all. Character meals are fun with or without kids. My husband and I have done both.

I've done both Garden Grill and Ohana breakfast both ways. Fun no matter what. Although I prefer the food at Ohana.

have fun!!

It's done all the time. It's going to be up to whether or no YOU feel self-conscious, because nobody else will notice.

DH and I always do one character meal each visit. It's fun. We're grandparents now but still enjoy meeting some of our favourite characters while having a meal. I have fond memories of getting a 'kiss' from Eyeore (my favourite Pooh character) and have the photo to prove it! And we are never the only child-free people dining- far from it. We have eaten at TH, CP, CM, CRT,1900 PF, and Garden Grill. Haven't decided where we'll eat on our upcoming visit, but I know we will enjoy ourselves.

THe hubby and I always do a couple character meals. THey are fun, it is not an issue. The characters always act just as happy or goofy as when they are with kids.

DH and I have done several character dinings in the past and will continue to do them. The idea is for y'all to do whatever makes you happy. It's vacation so have fun! :thumbsup2

I haven't done it without kids, but I thought doing 1900 Park Fare for dinner would be kind of a neat date night. It is themed like Cinderella's Wedding reception and also has Prince Charming.

It's buffet though if that is important to you.

IMO the GF is the most grown up feeling resort at WDW, and dinner could be followed with a walk on the beach, watch the fireworks....

I've been to plenty with no kids. It's not awkward, it's a lot of fun! Don't hesitate to book one.

Thanks for the replies! We will book next week when our 180 days hits. Now I'm getting excited! And I love the date night at 1900 Park Fare! Great thought!

I think it'll be fine! You'll have some nice photo opps!

My kids are 16 & 14 and I let them pick the meals for our upcoming trip. I was surprised they picked Crystal Palace (AYCE is a winner) and Akershus (for the cold buffet and meatballs entree rather than the princesses :lmao:). The meals are for people of all ages to enjoy! I'm glad that they picked those places because otherwise we might not have many character photos, and the princesses do provide fun interaction. :goodvibes Have fun and take lots of pictures!

There are times when I am alone in the park (I don't ride Space Mountain, etc.) and will get in line by myself to see a character if there is a convenient meet & greet. No one bats an eye at an adult without kids going to meet a character. :thumbsup2

nope, no weird at all. me and the wife did it several yrs ago. just go and have fun. you will feel like a kid when u get there.

You've already received replies that helped you to decide to do it. We've done 3 different ones (over 3 trips) without kids and enjoyed them all. At CP Tigger was a real ham and kept going so close to the camera that we had to keep snapping away to finally capture him in focus. I was determined to go to Chefs de France to have a visit from Remy and had a wonderful conversation with his handler/interpreter. DH & I also enjoyed an early TH ADR that got us into AK 45 minutes before park opening. The characters did not pay as much attention to us there but the buffet offerings were good and it was not too noisy the morning we were there.

It sounds like we'll be there about the same time as you. My ADR date is next Wednesday.

We have been to almost all the character meals (except Garden Grove) over our trips and we always have a great time. Do it, at least once.

DH and I have been to two Character Meals. We loved CP and didn't feel awkward at all. The characters were great and played around with us even. Eeyore came back around after DH had told him he was my favorite and he snuck up behind me putting his ear over my head, and Piglet sat down and tried to eat DH's dinner. We also have been to Tusker House....and hated it. The characters didn't interact with us AT ALL. They completely skipped our tables, the service was bad, and the food wasn't that great.

Was thinking about booking a character meal for my honey's and my Valentine's trip. Maybe Supercalifragilistic breakfast or Ohana or maybe Garden Grove. My question is: Is it weird for us to go with no kids? We usually have our pics taken with characters in the park but to go for the character dining? Have you done it?

We went to Chef Mickeys last trip with no kids & we had SO much fun :)

I have more than a couple character meals scheduled for my solo trip in November. And MVMCP too.... I'm a 10 year old trapped in a 49 year old body when it comes to Disney!

DH and I have no children and we adore character meals! Our favorite was when LTT did the character dinner. We've also done Chef Mickey's which was a blast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter