• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character meal- characters posing together

mrscramer

Earning My Ears
Was it wrong of me to try and get a picture of the step sisters together? I waited until I found them talking to someone together and tried to wait for an opening to ask but Druzilla walked away. When Anastasia looked at me I said, " I wanted to get a picture of you and your sister together." She said to me, "Not going to happen." I seriously thought she was kidding. Then she asked if I knew the family she was talking to I said no. (Both of us smiling the whole time)She asked them and they didn't answer. I think she told me to go away. At which I think I was frozen with embarrassment at that point. She did ask the family if they thought it was weird that I was there and didn't know them. I was thinking, just ignore me and I will go away. I have no idea how to explain the reason I could not move once I realized she was being totally serious and wanted me to go away. I am positive I was being very careful about not intruding on the interaction with the child and actually she is the one that made the big deal. I walked away feeling red in the face and actually close to tears, I am sure from embarrassment.

I guess I didn't think it was wrong to ask to get a picture of them together. And also, couldn't she have said no in a more pleasant way.

sigh** feeling very weird about the whole thing.

IMHO ~ I don't think it is ever a good idea to interrupt anyone's time with a character interaction.

If you stay at your table and wait for them to come to you ~ then you could have asked to get a picture with her and her sister. She may have gone off to get her sister even.

I can't tell you the number of times I've had another family come up to our table and try to pose for a picture with the character there that the character has just basically shaken them off their leg and directed the attention back to our table.

I'm thinking that during character meals, they aren't allowed to pose together for pictures. Maybe someone else can clarify this as well. However most people aren't going to know this. I'm aware of it because I've read about it before her on the boards. But, CM's should know that most people aren't aware of their internal rules, so the CM should have been a little nicer about it. On the other hand, it was the step-sisters you were interacting with and it may be that they were in character as they were informing you of the fact they couldn't pose together. This would explain the rude attitude. Regardless, I'm sorry you left feeling dejected. Not a fun feeling. :hug:

I think that perhaps you should have waited as well, and not taken the picture while they were interacting with someone else, but personally I don't think that's any excuse for her to be so rude. I mean, it's one thing to be in character, but it's another to be mean to guest. I think there was definitely a better way she could have handled the situation. Don't be upset :hug:

Yep to all the above. They don't pose together AFAIK at dinner - Cindy & the Prince won't pose together and I think it's the same for the sisters. I do think it was wrong of you to interrupt while they were at someone else's table. And the attitude - well that's the character they play and they stay in character.

I totally agree with not wanting to interrupt what they are doing with other guests. I feel I was very careful about this but maybe that is not how it seemed to her.

I wish I had gotten the drift when she made her comment. HAHA I actually thought she was saying it because Drusilla wouldn't pose with her.

Oh well live and learn.

We asked our server if Cinderella and Prince Charming could pose together (the kids were dressed as mini versions), and she said no. No explanation, so I can't help you there, but it looks like it doesn't happen often. The stepsisters often get in fights over DS5, so we've gotten several shots with both of them together, but they weren't "official."

We got a pic of both step sisters with my dds last May. I must say that my girl's each had a shirt with one of the stepsisters on it. They said "You say wicked like it's a bad thing." They LOVED it and Anastasia called Drizella over to see it. We have a hillarious shot of all of them doing a cheesy obnoxious smile. I guess it's just timing.

We were at the Good Morning breakfast in MK (grand gathering exp) and Donald was at our table we were taking pictures and interacting etc.... Then goofy came over and I said to him "Go ahead and get in the picture" It was our turn for him...he was waiting on us. He shook his head no. I dont think they can take pictures together but I tried anyway. if you look in the picture below you will see him standing behind our group.

IMG_2221.jpg

I'm sorry this happened to you but maybe these 2 things will make you feel better
1. as an evil step-sister she was probably just in character and being obnoxios is part of thier personality....so nothing personal
2. they are probably just instructed to dismiss anyone who approches them while they are interacting with another family....if not can you imagine the line of children that would follow them table to table

Yep to all the above. They don't pose together AFAIK at dinner - Cindy & the Prince won't pose together and I think it's the same for the sisters. I do think it was wrong of you to interrupt while they were at someone else's table. And the attitude - well that's the character they play and they stay in character.

Agree. Don't understand why OP couldn't have waited for one of them to get to their table first. That would have helped their chances, if they had any at all.

The problem is, if you do it for one, you have to do it for all.

What might seem quick and simple can easily get out of hand and before you know it, everyone is requesting group pictures, characters are being taken out of rotation, families are being missed and the whole time it takes to see a character goes through the roof.

I totally agree with not wanting to interrupt what they are doing with other guests. I feel I was very careful about this but maybe that is not how it seemed to her.

I wish I had gotten the drift when she made her comment. HAHA I actually thought she was saying it because Drusilla wouldn't pose with her.

Oh well live and learn.

Exactly.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Wow. That does sound a bit harsh. She could have been nicer about it. But I don't get it. why won't characters pose together? Whats the deal? :confused3

Wow. That does sound a bit harsh. She could have been nicer about it. But I don't get it. why won't characters pose together? Whats the deal? :confused3

What might seem quick and simple can easily get out of hand and before you know it, everyone is requesting group pictures, characters are being taken out of rotation, families are being missed and the whole time it takes to see a character goes through the roof.

Your question has already been answered. :)

I think this is it exactly. I have to say, I found the security around characters walking to a greet, etc. funny until I thought about it. Same goes at the restaurants. You get your turn, one at a time, the only way they can shuttle everybody through. Sorry you were embarrassed.

I've never seen characters pose together at a meal at someone's table, but they do interact...however I've seen the sisters together with the Stepmother at MK in Fantasyland as recently as 2 weeks ago.

Also:
Pooh and Tigger together in England at Epcot (not sure they still do this)
Belle and the Beast in France
Jasmine and Aladdin (sometimes the Genie) in Morocco
Rapunzel and Flynn Rider in MK
Some combo of the Fab 5 at Epcot (1:30-4 I think) if you have your Disney VISA with you

I think your best bet in the future would be to approach one of the character handlers with your request - it's free to ask and the worst that can happen is they will tell you 'no'.

Look for the Tremaine family in Fantasyland. You can get all 3 in a photo there.

And yes, the problem at a character meal is that they have a rotation to follow. And if they do it for one person, at least half the room will be asking for the same thing. And the folks outside waiting aren't going to be happy with how long it all takes.

And yes, the problem at a character meal is that they have a rotation to follow. And if they do it for one person, at least half the room will be asking for the same thing. And the folks outside waiting aren't going to be happy with how long it all takes.

:thumbsup2 This exact question was asked maybe a month ago.

Your answer was pretty much the exact same thing a handler told the poster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter