• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Heights/CP Auditions

It also does depend what place you're auditioning for.
I have a friend who is a friend of Alice and many Princesses! Odd, but it's because she's in Hong Kong DL, she is actually one of the shortest girls there (at an assumed 5'4)

I understand completely. It's my dream to be a face, but Disney measured me at 5'1 1/2... To be 2 more inches taller....

Sorry for the double post, but I have a question.
I browse DisneyAuditions.com on a very regular basis, and checked out some of the requirements of different types of auditions.
I saw for one simple Disney Character Look-a-likes one this memo:

Disney Princes and Princesses, including Princess Tiana, Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Mulan, Ariel, Snow White and their handsome Princes. Females: 5'3" - 5'7"; Males: 5'10" - 6'2"

Looking specifically at the 5'3, who is 5'3? I mean, I know from other posts and common knowledge that it's usually 5'4-5'7... but they hire 5'3?

(Means better luck for me, but I'm just curious)

Looking specifically at the 5'3, who is 5'3? I mean, I know from other posts and common knowledge that it's usually 5'4-5'7... but they hire 5'3?

This is just a guess based on a girl I know who is a performer at WDW but I think Jasmine is possibly that short. The girl I know hangs out with Rosetta, Vidia (the new fairy), Drizella, and Jasmine. Based on that variety I have to assume that Jasmine is shorter. So while they didn't specifically mention her in the "including..." She is the only princess I can think of. Although I do know that Rapunzel is that short too. I think she starts at 5'3.

I browse DisneyAuditions.com on a very regular basis, and checked out some of the requirements of different types of auditions.

Disney Princes and Princesses, including Princess Tiana, Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Mulan, Ariel, Snow White and their handsome Princes. Females: 5'3" - 5'7"; Males: 5'10" - 6'2"

5'3 is a great, versatile height.

snow white, aurora, belle, cinderella, jasmine, alice, wendy, pocahontas, mulan, all of the fairies except tinkerbell & vidia. :]

From what I've seen/read Jasmine seems to be the shortest. I think the next shortest is Snow White.

Ps. Does anyone know the color code for Mickey in Fantasmic? I'm assuming its probably red, but possibly yellow?

5'3 is a great, versatile height. ]

Whew, thanks Kristen! I was nervous. So hopefully they measure me the same this time? I think. All this worrying about something I can't really change anyway (besides not standing completly straight!). Oh Disney, the things you do to me... :rolleyes:
I'm not sure about audition size. I thought there was a lot of us in Ann Arbor, but there wasn't costuming or anything so it must've been a smaller one. Sorry I can't help!

Hey everyone I'm new here!

So, I read about the first 40 pages of this before I decided to post so forgive me if I'm missing something in the last 50 pages. It seems there is tons of information about the princesses but what about the princes? I'm 6'2 and really skinny, so I think I'm good on the height factor if they really do need people at that height but what about being really skinny? Also, are there any other factors that apply to the princes? What other characters are good for a really skinny guy that's 6'2.

Hey everyone I'm new here!

So, I read about the first 40 pages of this before I decided to post so forgive me if I'm missing something in the last 50 pages. It seems there is tons of information about the princesses but what about the princes? I'm 6'2 and really skinny, so I think I'm good on the height factor if they really do need people at that height but what about being really skinny? Also, are there any other factors that apply to the princes? What other characters are good for a really skinny guy that's 6'2.

According to disneyauditions.com the height range for princes is 5'10"-6'2" So as far as height- you're good :) I don't know about features and build, though.

The biggest factor that I can think of when it comes to Princes is that unlike Princess, they don't come out to visit as often so they are even more competitive. They are in the castle show and I know Charming visits regularly at the Grand Floridian dining. However other than that outside of Aladdin and Naveen I think don't think the princes do regular meet and greets except for during holidays. I could be wrong on this though.

As for other characters for a skinny 6'2 you would be in goofy height. Typically that means you would be friends with characters like Goofy, Baloo, Captain Hook, Woody, Mr Incredible and depending on how skinny you are Frozone. I'm sure there are other characters too but those are the ones my friend who is a 6'2 skinny male character performer is most often friends with.

I really don't care what kind of role I get, I just want one in entertainment. I think it would be a ton of fun to play Goofy or Frozone. I'm just worried about the audition and what they're looking for.

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on this board for a while and I don't think this question has been answered yet. I know that when you go to the audition they take a picture of you and say that if they want you for face they will take more pictures. But if they don't ask you to stay for more pictures is there still a possibility they could want you for face? Or is it more like, no extra pictures means no face?

thanks to whoever can answer!

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on this board for a while and I don't think this question has been answered yet. I know that when you go to the audition they take a picture of you and say that if they want you for face they will take more pictures. But if they don't ask you to stay for more pictures is there still a possibility they could want you for face? Or is it more like, no extra pictures means no face?

thanks to whoever can answer!

I'm not really sure because I've never done it, but from what I can understand, it kind of depends on the audition size. If the audition has a larger amount of people they may ask for more pictures, but if it is smaller they may not even though they may still want you for face.

So I've been reading some different things about the dance part of the audition. Could anyone get a little more detailed in the kinds of things they ask you to do in the routine. I'm sure there are no videos online of the Disney audition but if there are some videos out there of the kind of routine they teach at the audition could you past the like on here. That would be really useful.

As for the animation part, if you have the "meeting your favorite character" scenario, I don't really understand how you can show yourself meeting a specific character. Could someone possibly provide some examples of characters and things you might do?

Thank you!!

So I've been reading some different things about the dance part of the audition. Could anyone get a little more detailed in the kinds of things they ask you to do in the routine. I'm sure there are no videos online of the Disney audition but if there are some videos out there of the kind of routine they teach at the audition could you past the like on here. That would be really useful.

As for the animation part, if you have the "meeting your favorite character" scenario, I don't really understand how you can show yourself meeting a specific character. Could someone possibly provide some examples of characters and things you might do?

Thank you!!

On the DCP website, there's a video that shows the audition process. There are some snippets of dances and movement exercises on that. I doubt it will be the exact same thing, but it gives you a little idea. In the "more advanced" dance (the actual dance- not the movement across the floor which in my experience has been a combination of marches, skipping, jazz squares, and pivot turns) you can have things like step ball-changes, pivot turns, chasses, and pirouette turns. Obviously those aren't the only things, but those are the main actual steps that I personally can remember.

Here's a link to the page with the video: Disney College Program Role Descriptions - Entertainment

For animation - In my experience, they have you meet the character and interact with them in a way in which they can tell who you're meeting. Like if you meet Tigger- you can bounce with him. If you meet Woody- you can act like a cowboy... etc.

EDIT: Apparently auditions have changed. These were my experiences at auditions in 2007, 2008, and 2009. These may be what happen, they may not.

Hey all I think I may try and go to the audition in Philly next week (saw that it said for CP and for full time), I have nothing to lose so I'll give it another shot.

I'm 5'6" so I'm not really sure if I stand a chance or not since my height is kind of average, but I would love to do entertainment so I'm going to try anyway :).

Hey everyone!
So the Ann Arbor auditions are in 4 days and I am continuing to freak out! I just read a post on a FB Disney CP group saying the auditions are much more difficult, that they've changed how the animations are done (they tell you specifically what to do now vs telling you to act like your meeting a character) and that they're only accepting 200 people. Has anyone been to the auditions yet this season that can tell us what they're like?
I'm so determined to pass. I was accepted in attractions but I talked to a recruiter and was told that there werent any Spring Advantage positions available in attractions so they had to put me in the spring program. If I get character performer it could change to advantage and I want to be at Disney as long as possible! So much hinges on this audition! It would be such a dream come true! So- if anyone has already been to the auditions- any new info or tips?

i'll be at the ann arbor auditions too...also freaking out after reading that post on FB. I have no dance experience so if the dance is harder this year then I am screwed :(

Hey everyone!
So the Ann Arbor auditions are in 4 days and I am continuing to freak out! I just read a post on a FB Disney CP group saying the auditions are much more difficult, that they've changed how the animations are done (they tell you specifically what to do now vs telling you to act like your meeting a character) and that they're only accepting 200 people. Has anyone been to the auditions yet this season that can tell us what they're like?
I'm so determined to pass. I was accepted in attractions but I talked to a recruiter and was told that there werent any Spring Advantage positions available in attractions so they had to put me in the spring program. If I get character performer it could change to advantage and I want to be at Disney as long as possible! So much hinges on this audition! It would be such a dream come true! So- if anyone has already been to the auditions- any new info or tips?

I went to the Nashville audition on Wednesday. Seriously one of the most fun experiences of my life! I know people on the FB group have made it sound super scary, but it really wasn't.

After everyone had their picture taken and got measured, they had us spread out and pretend to do something. . . I think the example the girl used on Facebook was, "Everyone make a pizza!" Then, they had us act like an animal. . . ex: "Everyone act like a dog!" After we practiced that a few times, she taught us a dance. It was 6 8-counts long, and started out very simple and built up. I've danced since I was 4 years old, so even the hardest part of the dance was not difficult for me, but I know some people were having trouble. After we learned the whole thing and practiced a few times, they had us go out in the hall, and do it in groups of 5 in front of the lady from Casting.

Here's the catch: I don't think the dance section matters as much as the animations. I know I nailed that dance. I was full-on cheesin, made eye contact with the lady from Casting, all that jazz. However, I just was not as good at the animations as other people were. When my group finished, they asked two people to wait out in the hall, and told the rest of us we were done. One of my friends got asked to stay, and he told me they had them do the animations and dance again, in front of a video camera.

My main advice is to do the animations section as big and funny as you can, and smile the whole time, even if you don't feel comfortable with the dance. Let them see you're having a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter