Character Heights/CP Auditions

I was told Mr. Walrus has been retired, unfortunately

He is just in the Halloween parade

I'm ok with that, he was the MOST painful costume I've ever worn, like would rather live in Buzz over him, I would get off set and they would have ice packs waiting for me for my sholders cuz he hurt so much! So goodbye Mr Walrus I will not miss you! lol

Hi everyone! I am thinking of auditioning for a face character (I know you have to do fur too...but the goal would still be face :)) and I was reading on the auditions website that they are looking for heights between 4'10"- 5'8" for the Princesses. If I am around 5"8 1/2" am I already out of the running...or are they not as strict with the heights and tend to "bend the rules" if they like you? And I feel that I resemble Aurora the most and she seems to be on the taller side (if that makes a difference...).

And I know they have different sizes for the Princess dresses...does anyone know the smallest costume size they make (like 0, 2, 4, etc.)?

Just curious...thanks!

"Princess height" has been described as different things and most commonly I've heard 5'4". Aurora and now Tianna are a bit taller, I believe (more around 5'6-5'9). So you may be right around the range for Aurora. Other face characters like the Ugly Stepsisters are definitely on the tall side.

As for the dresses, I have no clue but I know the sizes go up to 10 and tend to run smaller than usual. I'm sure costuming you wouldn't be an issue if you get picked.

I know I've asked this before but does esmerelda still come out? I know she doesn't do regular meet and greets but does she come out for the halloween/christmas party? Do any of the hunchback of notre dame characters? On that note- what's the best time/way to find rare characters?

I know for the marathon & half marathon in 2009, some of the hunchback characters were out. I know Quasimodo & I think another one were out. The only way you could see them was if you ran one of the races. As for rare characters, I know someone else mentioned the hat at DHS between Block Party & Fantasmic. Those meet & greets are usually in the Animation building, starting around 5. They are every day during the summer, but it's only on non-Fantasmic nights during the winter.

I know for the marathon & half marathon in 2009, some of the hunchback characters were out. I know Quasimodo & I think another one were out. The only way you could see them was if you ran one of the races. As for rare characters, I know someone else mentioned the hat at DHS between Block Party & Fantasmic. Those meet & greets are usually in the Animation building, starting around 5. They are every day during the summer, but it's only on non-Fantasmic nights during the winter.

Thanks! :goodvibes

PrincessAurora83- Princess height for all princess except tiania is 5'4-5'7 at wdw. Heights vary from park to park but as far as I know for wdw it's 5'4-5'7. With your 'disney height' there is a chance that you could be measured down, but chances are if your 5'8 and a half your options are probably going to be villians for face.

I think I read somewhere that the smallest princess dress size was a 2? I have no idea if that's correct though. Hope that helps!

I think I read somewhere that the smallest princess dress size was a 2? I have no idea if that's correct though. Hope that helps!

There might be some size 2 costumes, but the smallest I can remember seeing (being used on a regular basis, anyway) was a size 4. The fairies, especially Tinkerbell, probably have sizes smaller than a 4.

(I worked in costuming at Epcot character room, Fantasmic, & Block Party, that's how I know about sizes)

There might be some size 2 costumes, but the smallest I can remember seeing (being used on a regular basis, anyway) was a size 4. The fairies, especially Tinkerbell, probably have sizes smaller than a 4.

(I worked in costuming at Epcot character room, Fantasmic, & Block Party, that's how I know about sizes)

Thanks for the clarification :goodvibes I'm a size 2 (sometimes 4) but I'm also 5'8 (definitly pushing it for princess height I know) ever seen any friends of princessess with my kind of measurements?

Thanks for the clarification :goodvibes I'm a size 2 (sometimes 4) but I'm also 5'8 (definitly pushing it for princess height I know) ever seen any friends of princessess with my kind of measurements?

Your "Disney size" probably won't be the same as your regular size. I know people that are normally an 8 or 10 & they wore a 12 for some of their face costumes. Also, they'll measure you up or down to fit what they're looking for when you audition.
Meg from Hercules is tall & slim, so it's a possibility, but she doesn't go out much anymore. Cruella deVil, Lady Tremaine, the Evil Stepsisters, Snow Queen are all a little taller than the princesses.

The step sisters are the same as the princces some of the drazellas are also Snows. They are both shorter then there mother who is 5'8-5'10 ish

and Meg is in Fant so whoever is doing her in Fant the 2xs a week itplays now :( sometimes does a set or 2 at the hat between Parade and Fant.. thats pretty much the only time Meg goes out but if you get to be friens with her its a good way to get to do Fant. (also all the Poca's learn it cuz the show can't run w/o a Poca)

if they put you at 5'8ish its Meg, Lady T and Snow Queen. but if you really look like someone they'll fudge the hegiths. One of the Iradesas is like 4'11 and to make her Iradesa they moved her up to 5'1 from mouse into Munks so she can be the fairy.

and Meg is in Fant so whoever is doing her in Fant the 2xs a week itplays now :( sometimes does a set or 2 at the hat between Parade and Fant.. thats pretty much the only time Meg goes out but if you get to be friens with her its a good way to get to do Fant.

Meg does not do Hat sets anymore, she'll pop up twice a year at Epcot though.

Gah.....all those years I wished to stop growing...and now I'm wishing I hadn't wished so.

Hope springs eternal for us "taller" girls who dreamed of being a fairy- on disneyauditions.com they have started saying they're looking for Vidia- and she's 5'4" - 5'7"!

Hope springs eternal for us "taller" girls who dreamed of being a fairy- on disneyauditions.com they have started saying they're looking for Vidia- and she's 5'4" - 5'7"!

This just made my day :goodvibes At first I was taken aback by the 5'7 limit plus the the three inch range (it's normally two isn't it?) but it makes sense that she's taller considering that she is kind of like the "villian" of the fairies.

This just made my day :goodvibes At first I was taken aback by the 5'7 limit plus the the three inch range (it's normally two isn't it?) but it makes sense that she's taller considering that she is kind of like the "villian" of the fairies.

That range is usually princess height so I'm guessing they're looking to double up some princesses with Vidia. I'm super excited. I can't wait to see what she looks like so I can see if it's possible for me to be friends with her.

I was wondering if theres a chance for those of us who couldnt audition earlier to audition during our CP? I really want to audition to be a face character, but wasnt able to make any of the earlier auditions.

I was wondering if theres a chance for those of us who couldnt audition earlier to audition during our CP? I really want to audition to be a face character, but wasnt able to make any of the earlier auditions.

I believe the only time you can audition during a CP is to extend into entertainment at the end of your program. Or after your program is over you can audition for a FT/PT/Seasonal role. At any regular audition during your program, however, you won't be able to audition.

From disneyauditions.com:
Requirements:

* Applicants must be at least 16 and authorized to work in the United States.

* All applicants will be taught a movement routine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes. No sandals or flip-flops.

* Applicants who have auditioned for Walt Disney World Character roles in the past six months are not eligible to audition.

* Current WDW College Program Cast Members are not eligible to audition.

* Current WDW Character Cast Members are not eligible to audition.

* Open to the general public.

* Advanced registration is not required.

Hey all, just wondering if anyone is joining the Disney Dream cast? Character or mainstage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter