Character Greeting Experience

disneyfav4ever

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep
What was everyone's most memorable character experience. I.E. - the first time you met a character, a character going out of it's way to make you feel special.

My most memorable character experience involves my DS who was 8 yrs. old at the time. We were eating at the Garden Grille in the Land. It was at a slow time. When Chip & Dale came around they took DS to another table and colored with him. What made this even more memorable was the fact that DS hated coloring, but of course with Chip & Dale he was willing too. :rotfl: We got the best pictures and Chip & Dale gave us the pictures they colored. Still have them. :earboy2:

Actually, we had several this past fall. Dh and I would be cruising the parks and out would stroll a character. It was totally unexpected, and there were no crowds around. We got some great pictures with Buzz, Minnie, etc.

I'll have to say last year at Chef Mickeys Goofy let me feel his whiskers and I kept chasing Donald around grabing his rear tail feathers it was so funny. :rotfl: :wizard:

Back in the late 70's (when doing this wouldnt result in a lawsuit) , Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum chased my mom up Main Street goosing her the whole way. My brother and i still tease her about her 2 Disney boyfriends

I took my dd (then 3) into the judge's tent (I think that's what it's called) to meet Ariel (this was when her grotto was closed for refurb). Minnie and Donald were in the tent too. Anyway, dd had her picture taken with Ariel and all that good stuff. Since we're both a little afraid of people in costume, I picked dd up and started to walk out of the tent. All of a sudden, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I looked over my shoulder and saw Minnie Mouse standing about an inch behind me. I jumped a mile, shrieked and almost dropped dd. :rotfl:

Last Dec. dd had just turned 3. She was REALLY into Snow White. After checking into our BCV we went straight to Germany. When dd saw Snow White for the first time she almost froze - she just gave Snowie a quick hug - posed for a picture and walked away. She looked up at me, with big eyes, and in a breathless voice said "She is a TRUE Princess" princess:

She went straight to Mimi & Papop boucing off the walls - so excited about Snow White!

We got back in line to see her again. I told Snowie what dd said and she looked at dd and said "You are a true princess too". She then kissed dd on the cheek leaving a perfect lipstick mark. Dd talked about it all week - she kept telling everybody that she was a true princess too!

When we got back to our room dd ran straight to the balcony (we had an Epcot View) She got so excited and shouted - look - It's Snow White's Castle! (It really was Canada, but she'll never know ;) ) We all had tears in our eyes. Disney Magic at it's purest :goodvibes

SnowWhitesmall212-04.jpg
[/IMG]

My most memorable was from our trip in March 2003. My dh took our older son (then 3) on the Backlot Tour, while I sat on a shady bench and let our 17 month old nap in the stroller. I was happy just resting there people watching. :) Anyway, along comes Pluto, guided by a CM. And people start crowding around to meet him. The CM sees me sitting there alone and says something along the lines of, "This young lady looks like she could use a visit with Pluto!" So Pluto came over and gave me a hug and sat with me, and the CM took our picture...while the crowd stood there and waited! I thought it was so sweet. And Pluto is one of my favorite characters (and I told him that) so it was extra special. :goodvibes

My son (5) went up to Lilo & Stitch on our first day of our first visit to MGM. He posed for some pictures and I wanted to jump in with him. He went to walk away. Lilo caught him by the sweatshirt sleeve. We took our pictures, then Lilo & Stitch used his sweatshirt sleeves to 'tie him up', flip up his sweatshirt hood and scooted him on his way. The whole crowd was laughing and Matthew was delighted!!!!!

I had my mom in the wheelchair and she had ds who was about 19 mos. at the time on her lap, they looked cute together and I saw brer fox, I told my mom I was wheeling her over there for a pic etc, well brer fox just came right up to us and went right behind the wheelchair etc. I just love that pic.

I also love a pic I have of oldest ds who was probably around 13 or 14, I dared him to go up to Bear at MGM and he did, I just love that pic too.

I also have the ds with all 7 dwarfs that I got in Toontown once, they are not all together but I have 7 individual pictures of each dwarf.

Now my ds would love Sora from Kingdom Hearts, but I heard that is only at MNSSHP. and I might dare them to check out those really hot babes, aka, the princesses, heah they are all teens now!!

Most memorable would have to be on our last trip. We were at the rope of ToonTown in MK before it dropped. My girls were right up at the rope when the characters (Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger) came to drop it. Pooh grabbed my 7 year old DD's hand, and Tigger took my 5 year old DD's hand and walked with them all the way to the meet and greet. So very special! Lot's of pixie dust!!! :wizard:

liznboys said:
My most memorable was from our trip in March 2003. My dh took our older son (then 3) on the Backlot Tour, while I sat on a shady bench and let our 17 month old nap in the stroller. I was happy just resting there people watching. :) Anyway, along comes Pluto, guided by a CM. And people start crowding around to meet him. The CM sees me sitting there alone and says something along the lines of, "This young lady looks like she could use a visit with Pluto!" So Pluto came over and gave me a hug and sat with me, and the CM took our picture...while the crowd stood there and waited! I thought it was so sweet. And Pluto is one of my favorite characters (and I told him that) so it was extra special. :goodvibes

That's so cool, Liz!!!

My dds were 6 and 2.5 and we stopped to check if we could eat lunch at the castle without a ps. No problem was the answer, but I warned the girls that there were no characters at lunch. Well, we walked into the foyer/lobby area and there sat Cinderella on the throne and the FG by her side. NOBODY else was there. My girls were so surprised! The younger one was nervous, so the older one helped her over to Cindy, held her hand, etc. They were being so polite and sweet (not their ususal wild selves lol), and FG commented on what wonderul little princesses they were and how kind to each other and how proud I must be, etc. My older dd was beaming at the compliments. Then FG gave each of them handfulls of pixie dust tp keep in their pockets for luck. We probably had a good 10 minutes alone with them before more families came in. It was magical. :lovestruc

My favorite was last year when my DH had me pose with Snow White at Epcot so he could snap a photo. She looked at me and said "Ooh your prince takes your pictures for you!" It struck me as so funny. Just proves that no matter your age, you are always a Disney princess at heart!!! princess:

My son's first trip was this past November. He was 3 at the time and he has Down syndrome. He had watched Disneyland Fun video over and over again and I was really hoping he would recognize the characters. We went to see Mickey in the tent behind his house and when it was his turn, I put my son on the bench beside Mickey (Mickey was sitting and patting the bench beside him). My son kind of looked at him for a minute and then after pictures were made, my son leaned over and kissed Mickey on the nose. I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but my son does not just kiss anybody! I know he recognized him, and I was practically in tears I was so excited. The only thing I hate is that nobody thought to take a picture (my sister had my camera and the Disney photographer had already lowered his camera) and my husband was off buying my son his lunch and missed it. But it was so great!

Oh, and Genie was chasing him around at Epcot. That was cute.

Sandra

I hate to say this on a Disney Board BUT the most memorable one I have is at Universal Studion this past December with Shaggy and Scooby....THe park was un crowded but as usual lines built for the characters...but Shaggy and Scooby especially Shaggy took alot of time with my youngest son asking him questions and talking...it was great he was great....Scooby played with my oldest while Shaggy was occupying the youngest it was great....even when we saw Shaggy a couple of hours later after his little show he came over and gave the youngest a high five....At Disney the best was Pluto at Garden Grill....Hs/She really plays the part of playful pooch....

We just got back from a trip and had a memorable moment at the princess section in the character tent. princess:

My DD2, whose name is Aurora, wanted to meet the "real" princess Aurora. We had booked a princess breakfast in Norway so she'd get to meet her there, but to our dismay, Princess Aurora slept in and Mary Poppins took her place :sad2: We found out that the only place to find her would be Magic Kingdom.

When we arrived at MK the next morning, we checked at City Hall to make sure Aurora would be in the tent and she was.

When we got to the room, we told Princess Aurora that our DD was Aurora also and she really made a big deal about it. She also commented on our DS12 and DS9 and asked if there was a Prince Philip in the family also :) She motioned to Cinderella who was right next to her and told her that this was another Aurora. Cinderella actually walked over, so we were able to get a picture of our little princess with both Cinderella and Princess Aurora. :lovestruc Cinderella was being so sweet too....saying that she could see the resemblance between the two Auroras. It definitely made up for missing Aurora at the breakfast!

My DD was 3 and on her first trip at MK. We were just sitting there enjoying a light lunch when Donald Duck comes walking out. My daughter runs over to him and they walk hand in hand for a short distance. I will never forget that moment.

We ate at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. We had one of the last seatings for breakfast and there were only about 3 families left. All the characters came and hung out at our table. :teeth: Pinochio and Alice got in a small waterfight and Gepeto came over to break it up. Mary Poppins just stood back looking disapproving. It was great. Alice took the girls through the buffet line and had them trying all kinds of things to eat that I couldn't get them to try. She spent almost the whole meal with us. That afternoon at the parade, the girls saw Alice and yelled her name and she came running over calling out their names and waving. :sunny: The girls still talk about Alice remembering them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter