character dining

tjs198

Mouseketeer
June will be our first time in Disneyland for 3 nights before heading to maui. i booked a package with costco for disneyland and it comes with a free character dining, we are staying at grand californian - what's the best place to use it?

Premium Character Dining Experience includes Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen (Disneyland® Hotel), or Breakfast or Lunch at Ariel's Grotto (Disney's California Adventure® Park), or Breakfast at the following Character Dining locations: Minnie & Friends Breakfast at Plaza Inn (Disneyland® Park), Surf's Up! Breakfast with Mickey & Friends at Disney's PCH Grill (Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel), or Chip 'n Dale Critter Breakfast at Storytellers Café (Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa). Tax and Gratuity included.

Any other good dining spots?

the only character meal I have been to is Ariels Grotto. We went there for lunch. We really enjoyed it. Ariel plus 4 other princesses come by to visit you while you are dining. We chose to sit outside by the water and it was a really nice place to dine. They have an antipasta tower for the family to share before your meal and a platter of desserts for the family to share after the meal. I would recommend Ariels.

the only character meal I have been to is Ariels Grotto. We went there for lunch. We really enjoyed it. Ariel plus 4 other princesses come by to visit you while you are dining. We chose to sit outside by the water and it was a really nice place to dine. They have an antipasta tower for the family to share before your meal and a platter of desserts for the family to share after the meal. I would recommend Ariels.

They no longer serve the antipasta tower. The upside to Ariel's Grotto is it a seated meal where the rest are buffet and it is a guarantee to meet princesses. I however felt the interaction was minimal & rushed and the service subpar. However if princesses is a must, it does fill that.

I personally would pick dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. I don't really think you can go wrong though.

We personally loved Minnies Breakfast. Buffet style breakfast, lots of character interaction. We met Capt Hook, Chip and Dale, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Minnie, Fairy God Mother, and Eeyore.

Which ever you choose it will be magical.

The only one we have done was the Surf's Up. We really liked it. There as a lot of character interaction and the food and selection was good. The characters came around to your table, plus they had a little dance and included the kids. DS loved it.

Keep in mind that you do not have to use those vouchers for Character meals only. The face value can be applied to any meal within the parks and hotels (not DTD). You could use it for Carthay Circle Theater, Blue Bayou or Napa Rose to name a few. If characters aren't a must, I would use them elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter