• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Dining... please wait your turn

I would add to "please wait your turn" to "please not be a hog when it's your turn" :lmao:

Everyone likes the special interaction with the characters but I have observed some groups that will take literally DOZENS of pictures to get that PERFECT shot. They'll shoot one with the kids, then each kid separate, then all the girls with mom, or all the boys with dad, or all the kids with one parent & vice-versa & then they'll want someone to take their whole family picture & have to proof it incase it needs a redo & on and on.

ANd then when all that's done, out come the autograph books & they all got one to sign :laughing:

And then one more picture before you go of us hugging good-bye. It's no wonder it takes so long for the characters to circulate :upsidedow

....Cinderella quite graciously told her she was busy with another family right now and she'd stop back by on her way through.

I couldn't believe this woman was so rude. In fact earlier, she said something kind of snarky to Drizella who exclaimed quite loudly, "Well, that was really RUDE!"
Cinderella and Mary Poppins are great at being so nice to rude people and moving on without giving anything to them.

On the other hand I love Drizella, sister and mom, since they just play their characters and put rude people in their place at the entertainment of everyone else.:thumbsup2

I understand that your kid wants to see the characters but please wait your turn. Nothing is more rude when an entire family comes up and rudely pushes at your table to get in with the characters while your taking pictures! Stop and think how much you would like it if someone did that to your family! I am not a person who keeps my mouth shut and I will tell you to back off as I did this morning at Chef Mickey`s its rude and ignorant people have some respect.

I hope that it was an adult that you told to back off. If not, shame on you. Kids are excited and overwhelmed at disney and sometimes have trouble containing that excitement. When we were walking by 1900 Park last summer, they had the back part open and my 3 year old DD made a mad dash to Cinderella. The family she interuppted was very gracious and actually started taking pictures of my daughter with their kids and cinderella. It's Disney, try giving kids a break and remember "You are there for them"".

When we were at Tusker House in December, the whole time that Daisy Duck was at our table, the grown forty-something man at the table next to ours kept pulling her tail feathers. She'd turn around and wag her finger at him, and then turn back to our table, and he'd do it again, and so she'd turn around again.

This went on the ENTIRE time that she was at our table and I was really unhappy with this man. I kept my mouth shut, but I think in hindsight that I should've asked him to please wait his turn. We specifically booked this meal because my kids love Daisy Duck and it's the only meal you can see her at and that man ruined the experience for my kids.

Mary

Can't tell you how many times that has happened to us. The worst was the time that we had been waiting for an hour for Mickey to get to us..we had arrived at our CM's table as Mickey was leaving the area...it took close to an hour before we got to see him. In any case, there we sat, waiting patiently. As Mickey approached our table, a family of 5 (3 little ones) were just being taken to their table. They stopped right by our table and proceeded to go up to Mickey to get autographs. I simply said, as nicely as I could, that it was my dd's turn with Mickey. "Oh, we won't be but a few moments. Our kids have been really looking forward to seeing Mickey." Ah, no...so had we. It was a really good thing that the handler saw this happening and came over to tell the family that Mickey would be at their table for their 'special time' with Mickey. They weren't too happy about it, but by that time, Mickey had turned to my dd.
I sometimes wonder if everyone realizes that they will get their own turn with each character.

Odd cognitive dissonance there. I mean really. Would anyone really be going to a Character Dinner, if they weren't looking forward to seeing the character there?

I guess it's just too easy to lose track of the reality that you aren't the only guest.

I don't mind so much when kids do run up to Mickey so much but when its an onslaught of an entire family or the parents are not apologetic, that chaps me.

I hope that it was an adult that you told to back off. If not, shame on you. Kids are excited and overwhelmed at disney and sometimes have trouble containing that excitement. When we were walking by 1900 Park last summer, they had the back part open and my 3 year old DD made a mad dash to Cinderella. The family she interuppted was very gracious and actually started taking pictures of my daughter with their kids and cinderella. It's Disney, try giving kids a break and remember "You are there for them"".
While I agree with most of your post, I wouldn't tell a kid to back off if they're just excited, and I'm pretty nonconfrontive, so wouldn't do anything more then give a pushy parent a look. I do not agree with the "you're there for the kids."

I go to Disney solo and childless all the time, so I'm going for me. Disney is for everyone, not just for kids.

We had a similar thing happen to us at Donald's breakfast in AK (back when it was in Restaurantosaurus...not Tusker House).

My son was only 4 and Donald was his hero. I planned alot of our trip around where he could see Donald. This breakfast was special for him. AS SOON as Donald walked up to our table, another family (whose table Donald HAD JUST LEFT!) came pushing up to our table and declaring that they did not get ALL the pics they wanted.

Donald was listening to my son at the time and turned around shortly and stepped out into the aisle so these ppl could take more pics. The whole time the "mom" is berating poor Donald bcause they had to wait for him to quit speaking with my son.

Our waiter witnessed this scene and he proceeded to bring my son a certificate good for $10 at any park gift shop for being so nice and polite and "sharing" Donald with others. He made a big deal of it right in front of the rude family. Donald also proceeded to get my son up and "dance" with him in the aisle, taking several pics and making DS's day! Needless to say, the "mom" tried to start a scene with our waiter, but he ignored her, Donald moved on, and they left in a huff.

We had a similar thing happen to us at Donald's breakfast in AK (back when it was in Restaurantosaurus...not Tusker House).

My son was only 4 and Donald was his hero. I planned alot of our trip around where he could see Donald. This breakfast was special for him. AS SOON as Donald walked up to our table, another family (whose table Donald HAD JUST LEFT!) came pushing up to our table and declaring that they did not get ALL the pics they wanted.

Donald was listening to my son at the time and turned around shortly and stepped out into the aisle so these ppl could take more pics. The whole time the "mom" is berating poor Donald bcause they had to wait for him to quit speaking with my son.

Our waiter witnessed this scene and he proceeded to bring my son a certificate good for $10 at any park gift shop for being so nice and polite and "sharing" Donald with others. He made a big deal of it right in front of the rude family. Donald also proceeded to get my son up and "dance" with him in the aisle, taking several pics and making DS's day! Needless to say, the "mom" tried to start a scene with our waiter, but he ignored her, Donald moved on, and they left in a huff.

Wow...just wow. That's the way to handle that :lmao:

Just to be clear I didn't scream or yell I just said I'm sorry it is our turn now. You will get your turn to see Mickey when he comes to visit you at your table. The mother looked at me with a blank stare and the CM told them that Mickey comes to all tables and it is this tables turn now. So they turned around and went back to their table. For example at Ohana's on Friday Stitch missed our table instead of running after him we told the waiter and stitch came back this also happend at CRT with Ariel and she came back. Just be nice and tell your server they will tell that characters captain and the character will come back. :wizard:

Never happened to us that I remember. Maybe one little kid once did something like that, but I don't remember anything specific. That must be annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter