character dining for breakfast cost?

maureeny

Earning My Ears
hello! We are heading to Disney in January 2013.... I sat down this am to make our dining reservations........ and I'm shocked!

Disney has released their 2013 dining plan restaurant participants, and I'm really bummed to find that many of our favorites are not listed. Epcot only has 5 participating restaurants for table service meals, and Downtown Disney only has 1 participating restaurant!! In 2012 they each has about a dozen participating restaurants!!

I'm the type of person that makes a grid, figures out about what park we will be going to each day, and makes all of our reservations at the 180 day mark. (planning is fun for me, I've done this for our last 4 trips)

So, now I'm trying to make a decision... do the dining plan or just pay out of pocket. Dining is a fun aspect of the trip for us. It will be me, my husband, and our 13 year old son. We like to eat at the table service restaurants, as opposed to the quick service options. It's a aspect of the trip that we like to splurge on (we have done the regular dining plan and the deluxe dining plan in the past). I will admit, the deluxe is a LOT of food.

So, I'm sitting here trying to figure out if I would be able to pay out of pocket, and go to the restaurants we like, and pay about the same as the dining plan....

My question is... does anyone know what you pay for a character breakfast? We like Crystal Palace, Cape May Cafe, and Hollywood and Vine. We don't go for the character aspect so much, but really enjoy the buffet they all offer. I don't think that there are any breakfast buffets offered that does not have characters at them. There is only a price range listed on the website... has anyone been lately where you remember the price of the adult buffet?

Don't panic. The initial list of participating restaurants for the dining plan is always short. The other restaurants are added on as their contracts for the next year are finalized. There is no reason to expect any of them to drop out of the dining plan.

As for the prices for character breakfasts- they vary a lot. Check out this link for current prices:

http://www.allears.net/menu/menus.htm

If you just want a breakfast buffet, there are a few of those. Some of the restaurants offer both a buffet and a regular menu.

Off hand I think the Wave does. Trails End. Captains Grill might. I'm sure others know more options!

I never thought the list would grow as restaurants renew!! That makes me feel so much better!!! Thank you!

Captain's Grille does a buffet breakfast. I've never had it though, so I can't vouch for it as far as quality/variety are concerned.

The variations in price that you see on the Allears menus takes in the premium pricing that is in effect during peak times of the year. If you are staying during other-than-peak times, then just go by the lower price given.

what about the restuarants that are on the 2013 plan, but serve B like 'Ohana-dinner is listed, why not Breakfast?
Ohana breakfast is listed under character experiences since it's a character meal ;) (the dinner is located under the normal TS area though... and before you say it, yes, it's annoying how they split them up like that)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter