Character Depot (old Disney Character Warehouse) closing

ImTooExcitedToSleep

DIS Veteran
Staff member
I just received an email that the Character Depot in Fullerton is having a "Going out of business sale" starting tomorrow.

All of their stores are closing down.

I know the selection hasn't been the best lately, but you might be able to get some better deals on Disney merchandise now. It's worth a shot.

THe last few times we went there, we left empty handed, even the one in vegas. But where is a great place is the DIsney Store Outlets, holy cow! Got awesome deals in there for park merchandise, at least the one in Vegas.

I'm pretty sure the Character Depot in Ontario Mills closed last year. This is their website http://ams-liquidation.com/ you can contact them and ask if they have any other locations that aren't listed. They used to do pop-up stores, but they may not anymore.

The location in Las Vegas is closing as well. We went yesterday to see if we could find anything good. The kids got some junk toys and plastic cups but I couldn't find anything. The pins were all gone, which was disappointing. The cashier told me that they will stay open for another 2-3 months because there is still merchandise to be distributed. She told me they are getting a better selection and to come back.

The location in Las Vegas is closing as well. We went yesterday to see if we could find anything good. The kids got some junk toys and plastic cups but I couldn't find anything. The pins were all gone, which was disappointing. The cashier told me that they will stay open for another 2-3 months because there is still merchandise to be distributed. She told me they are getting a better selection and to come back.

Oh that sucks :( I love going there when we go to Vegas.

We're getting a Disney Store Outlet in Washington too. (Seattle Premium Outlets in Marysville.) It's supposed to open in September. I haven't heard anything exciting about the outlet stores though. From what I can tell, it's just a Disney Store that has sales all the time.

...but doesn't the Disney Store in the mall have sales all the time? Haha... so it really doesn't sound that exciting on close inspection. But we'll see!

We're getting a Disney Store Outlet in Washington too. (Seattle Premium Outlets in Marysville.) It's supposed to open in September. I haven't heard anything exciting about the outlet stores though. From what I can tell, it's just a Disney Store that has sales all the time.

...but doesn't the Disney Store in the mall have sales all the time? Haha... so it really doesn't sound that exciting on close inspection. But we'll see!

Disney Outlet at the premium outlets are MUCH better than the typical mall Dis Store, IMO. They receive park merchandise, and sell it at about 1/2 the cost, sometimes MUCH less! Their regular sales aren't anything special... But their clearance section is where everything good happens.

Recent finds:
$7 women's scarf from the parks (reg $20)
$15 for child's Ariel sweatshirt from the parks ($36)
$5 DCA ears from the park ($20)
$6-7 iPhone cases from the park ($35)
$6 sequin Mickey kids shirt (can't remember retail price)

I thought the Disney Store outlet was in the mall that was closer to downtown, while the Character Depot was in the mall south of town. :confused3

There is one downtown and they just opened the new one in the South Outlets. I am particularly excited about the new one because now I only have a minute drive to get my Disney store fix!

There is one downtown and they just opened the new one in the South Outlets. I am particularly excited about the new one because now I only have a minute drive to get my Disney store fix!

Awesome! Good to know. I ALWAYS find something to buy there. :)

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter