• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character breakfasts

Out of your choices, I prefer Minnie and friends at Plaza Inn.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

I haven't done Ariel's since they switched it to princesses, but before that I liked it. Of the other two, we did them both last September. I'd pick Plaza if I could only do one. Storyteller's can be more affordable if you avoid the buffet; but there are way more characters at Plaza Inn. Honest John dragged my kid outside and locked him out, it was great :rotfl2:

Best in what way? What ages are in your party? Favorite or must see characters?

What is most important to you at the breakfast? Lots of characters? Fewer characters but awesome interaction (like dancing with characters)? Great food?

some of this info will help us guide you to a good choice.

ps- saw your user name... are you a pharmacist? pharm tech?

Best assortment of characters/time spent with kids is mostly what I'm looking for. We live only 2 hours from WDW and everything is always so packed and rushed there! I'm looking forward to the more relaxed DLand. I'm not sure my daughter would know any of the characters (besides the chipmunks) at Storytellers though! And good eye, I am a pharmacist. :)

For lots of characters and good interaction, go with Minnie's. For loads of character interaction like dancing and stuff go with Mickey's Surfs Up. If you really want princesses then go with Ariel's but that is a lot less interaction than the others.

RxPhiller3 said:
Best assortment of characters/time spent with kids is mostly what I'm looking for. We live only 2 hours from WDW and everything is always so packed and rushed there! I'm looking forward to the more relaxed DLand. I'm not sure my daughter would know any of the characters (besides the chipmunks) at Storytellers though! And good eye, I am a pharmacist.

If you don't mind an early breakfast, I suggest getting the first reservation for Minnie & friends.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

I second this ::yes::Also, Minnie and Friends has lots of different characters; many times characters that are not around as often, like Captain Hook and Fairy Godmother. Mickey and Stitch only show up at Surf’s Up with Mickey, so if you for sure want to see one of them, go to this one. Storytellers has the critter friends, like Chip and Dale, Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh, etc. When you make reservations, they tell you that you have a certain amount of time for your meal; I believe it is 90 minutes, if it is I think this is plenty of time to eat and meet characters. :)

HTH have fun!,
Kriss pirate:

Minnie and Friends...I went for the 1st time last October and thought it was by far the best =) We didn't have a children with us and the characters still spent a lot of time interacting with us and taking pictures.

Have only done Minnie & Friends and it was awesome. Get the first reservation if you can, it was getting packed when we were leaving.

I will definitely try to get the first reservation time based on all the advice. We will be on East Coast time so we shouldn't have a problem getting up and eating early! The character variety at Minnie's has me really excited! My DD will be over the moon if the Fairy Godmother is there!

Agree that Minnie & Friends is a great choice for character variety! (we saw 10 including Fairy Godmother- she's wonderful!)

My only comment about Minnie's is that the food is...well...you're going for the characters, right? ;)

I'm a pharmacist too :)

I will definitely try to get the first reservation time based on all the advice. We will be on East Coast time so we shouldn't have a problem getting up and eating early! The character variety at Minnie's has me really excited! My DD will be over the moon if the Fairy Godmother is there!

We will be in DLR the first week of June (our first trip there) and I plan on making the first reservation for all of my character breakfasts. We too are WDW vets and love the character meals, and since this will more then likely be a once in a lifetime trip for us, we plan on doing all of the character meals DLR has to offer :goodvibes. We are coming from Illinois so we are ahead of Anaheim by 2 hours so making reservations for 7am each morning will be like having breakfast at 9am. Unfortunately I cannot give you any sort of review of the different character meals (yet) but I can tell you that I am most excited for Minnie and Friends, Surf's Up, and now after reading about Storyteller's having Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh, :cool1: (I love the Pooh characters and have yet to meet Rabbit), of course I know that the characters are all subject to change. Have a wonderful trip :goodvibes.

We will be in DLR the first week of June (our first trip there) and I plan on making the first reservation for all of my character breakfasts. We too are WDW vets and love the character meals, and since this will more then likely be a once in a lifetime trip for us, we plan on doing all of the character meals DLR has to offer :goodvibes. We are coming from Illinois so we are ahead of Anaheim by 2 hours so making reservations for 7am each morning will be like having breakfast at 9am. Unfortunately I cannot give you any sort of review of the different character meals (yet) but I can tell you that I am most excited for Minnie and Friends, Surf's Up, and now after reading about Storyteller's having Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh, :cool1: (I love the Pooh characters and have yet to meet Rabbit), of course I know that the characters are all subject to change. Have a wonderful trip :goodvibes.

Being that you're a Pooh fan, I'll let you know that Pooh, Eeyore, and Tigger frequent Minnie's. I've also seen Chip and Dale there. You may get lucky at Pooh's thoughful spot in Critter Country and get Rabbit or Piglet. It's rare, but it happens.

How early is the first reservation at the Plaza? I'm sure it varies with park opening times, but is it before the park actually opens? Thanks for the help!

Being that you're a Pooh fan, I'll let you know that Pooh, Eeyore, and Tigger frequent Minnie's. I've also seen Chip and Dale there. You may get lucky at Pooh's thoughful spot in Critter Country and get Rabbit or Piglet. It's rare, but it happens.

Thank you, Thank you :goodvibes. We will definitely go over to Critter Country to see if Rabbit is there (we will be there since Splash Mountain is there anyways). It's not a big deal about Piglet since he is not rare in WDW so it won't bother me if I don't see him or not.

I've done all of them except for Ariel's Grotto and the one at Paradise Pier.

I didn't like Minnie's Breakfast ( inside the DL park itself ) as the food was very "school room cafateria" like and felt very rushed and crowded. There's the convenience of eating then walking out and right into DL. But I don't think it's worth it. I'd rather grab something quick and go if I wanted to be in the park quickly.

Food-wise, I like StoryTeller's better than Goofy's Kitchen as the food seemed a little bit more "upscale". We usually stay at DLH ( as opposed to DCAH ) so we usually end up at Goofy's Kitchen since I don't want to walk and rush over early in the morning to catch breakfast.

I guess it ultimately depends on if you want to have a good meal and experience while not feeling rushed over being located in the park when you have breakfast.

We did Surfs up last week, charcaters were good, (only went to this one hoping to see Daisy,(which we did), for our 4 year old).
Very disappointed with food, only luke warm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter