character breakfasts or save meal plans for dinners?

megstar1304

Earning My Ears
This will be my first time using the meal plan. It is also our first trip since the husband and I were kids and first as a family with our almost five year old son. I currently have reservations at cape may cafe, Hollywood and vine and tusker house...all for breakfast. I'm wondering if its better to save the sit down meals for dinner because there is so much more variety. I mean there are only so many breakfast foods. My sons wants to meet mickey, goofy, and Jake from neverland pirates. We are going this Dec 8th-15th...would we have a good chance of just meeting them in the park? I'm torn and I'm also a horrible decision maker...please help :)

I would keep your plan for breakfast. you cant see Jake anywhere else i believe. I personally LOVE both tusker house and cape may breakfasts. They're awesome. If you want to cut out one from the three, do that instead. And maybe pick based on location and which park you're going to that day.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Hi! I think it totally depends on your family, your food likes, and character likes. :) We do find that (financially), it makes more sense to do dinners (we still stick with character dinners since our kids like them so much!), due to the fact that we don't eat as much for breakfast and are hungrier at dinner time. But that's us! I'm sure some people are different. And we do love breakfast foods and some of the options available then, so we do usually do 1-2 breakfasts for our week (especially Tusker House, we LOVE it there!). And if your kid really wants to see a character you KNOW you'll see at a character breakfast (like H&V), it definitely makes sense to do it. So it's all up to you to decide, sorry, haha. ;) It'll be a wonderful trip however you plan it!

Stick with breakfast.

I had a co worker go on a trip with little ones and they cancelled all their dinner ADRs because the kids were too tuckered out at the end of the day.

Now if you are coming from say the west coast, dinners may work out because you may eat later due to the time difference.

Try to mix between breakfast lunch and dinner. I would not recommend all of them for breakfast. Its easier to meet jake at the restaurant rather than in the park under the sun on a huge line.

Tusker House also has characters at lunch, so you could change that one if you want some variety.

our expierience. we booked sit downs for breakfast and counter service for dinner.
after hitting the parks hard during the day there is no way our 5 year old gd would sit through a meal'at that time of day.... keep your brekafasts

Tusker House also has characters at lunch, so you could change that one if you want some variety.

Ive tried the lunch at tusker, and i gotta say, the breakfast was far far better. I'd definitely keep the breakfast with this one.

I agree with the others about the kids being too tired at dinner time. Its a good idea to have mostly breakfast or lunch....maybe one or two dinners if you feel like it.

Thanks for all the help! I'm on the east coast we are leaving at 7pm so we have tome for breakfast or lunch. I wanted to do a character meal the first full day but not much luck :(
I was just able to score a late breakfast at chef mickeys. :woohoo: I'm keeping h&v but am considering tossing cape may and tusker since all three have the same characters ....good idea or are ones better than the other?

Thanks for all the help! I'm on the east coast we are leaving at 7pm so we have tome for breakfast or lunch. I wanted to do a character meal the first full day but not much luck :(
I was just able to score a late breakfast at chef mickeys. :woohoo: I'm keeping h&v but am considering tossing cape may and tusker since all three have the same characters ....good idea or are ones better than the other?

I would keep Cape May to be honest. its such a lovely character meal. So much quieter than the others. And its so pretty in there. Food is outstanding. Plus its cute seeing the characters in beachwear!

We did Cape May & Tusker the 1st week in November -- Cape May was just a complete zoo on the day that we went (late breakfast). We had to wait 35 minutes for a table after our ADR time and the restaurant was just jammed. Long lines for food, and it felt like the characters were just racing through. We had lunch at Tusker House, and although it was also busy, there were not lines for food (buffet area was more spread out) and the characters were able to spend a little more time with each table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter