character breakfast

lookame

DIS Veteran
I want to do a character breakfast for the first day we’re in the Disney area. We are planning on going to downtown Disney so if it’s at a hotel or somewhere not in the parks that is good. I was thinking Chef Mickeys because my daughter LOVES Mickey and Minnie and the gang (she has worn a Minnie Mouse outfit daily both top and bottom have to be Minnie unless it’s a skirt then the top only has to be Minnie) but I’ve seen some not so great reviews on Chef Mickeys. Is there a great character breakfast with the gang somewhere else or is that it?

If there’s a better character breakfast you can recommend please let me know as well as the characters that are there.

Cape may at the beach club. I think Minnie Pluto and Donald.
How much is cape May? This may be a great breakfast to “break her in” with meeting characters although whenever she sees any character from Ronald McDonald to pink panther ect she runs up to them and follows them around.

Cape May usually has Minnie, Donald, and Goofy in beach attire. It is a nice relaxed atmosphere compared to some of the others. It will be cheaper than Chef Mickey's - I believe Cape May is around $35A/$20C and Chef Mickey's is around $45A/$25C. You can also stroll around the Boardwalk area afterwards and kids can play in the sand on the beach.

This does sound nice. Goofy is another favorite of hers. She has a mini goofy she carries along with a mini Minnie lol. We’ve never strolled around the boardwalk so that may be nice.

I noticed that you need a reservation for BOG breakfast. Is it good breakfast? Does Gaston do meets earlier or typically a little later. (She has an incredibly belle dress that would be amazing to hit up BOG then meet Gaston after. I’d head to princesses but at that point we’d be bouncing round the park)

I second Cape May. The food is really good and the characters came around to our table a couple of times. When we went to Chef Mickey's the food wasn't very good and we had to wait around a very long time to see all the characters. Mickey didn't come to our table until way after we were done eating which was a huge waste of time.

Despite the bad reviews, I actually don't mind CM for breakfast. I mean, can you really mess up breakfast? Sure it's loud, but that's part of the fun. It doesn't really get more "Disney" than CM....the whole gang, at the Contemporary, monorail running through...I'd give it a try!

Try Chef Mickey for yourself. Its iconic location in the Contemporary with the monorail running overhead is pretty cool. Cape May might be cheaper but you also see fewer characters.

Last edited:
Cape May. The food was good and good character interaction. Cheaper than Chef Mickeys and we took a stroll around the boardwalk after!

I think that a later breakfast at Cape May is the best. We like to go after the people who are going before they go to the parks, it feels less rushed to us. We have not done Chef Mickeys for Breakfast we have always had fun at dinner. We used to do Character Meals at resorts on non-park days when the kids were younger.

There's always the character breakfast at the Garden Grove at the Swan. I've heard that it isn't as crowded because it technically isn't a Disney resort and it isn't as well known. But you can always skip over to Epcot or Hollywood Studios after.

Cape may at the beach club. I think Minnie Pluto and Donald.
Yes, but now they've added Daisy Duck too, as @DaisyDuck001 mentioned above. :) Very exciting news. I love Daisy.
I second Cape May. The food is really good and the characters came around to our table a couple of times. When we went to Chef Mickey's the food wasn't very good and we had to wait around a very long time to see all the characters. Mickey didn't come to our table until way after we were done eating which was a huge waste of time.
I agree. I love the food way better at Cape May. Plus its true that you get to see the characters more often than Chef Mickeys. Its such a pretty restaurant and area.

Yes, but now they've added Daisy Duck too, as @DaisyDuck001 mentioned above. :) Very exciting news. I love Daisy.

I agree. I love the food way better at Cape May. Plus its true that you get to see the characters more often than Chef Mickeys. Its such a pretty restaurant and area.

We should be keeping Cape May a secret...lol.

While it's not the most exciting thing, Chef Mickey's is usually fine for breakfast. We've only found the dinner buffet food to be an issue. Cape May is fun and I believe they've added Daisy as a 4th character (or are doing it soon), but they took a number of our faves off of the food offerings, so I didn't feel like the food on our most recent visit was far superior to anything we've had at Chef Mickey's. If you want to see Mickey and Minnie, I'd just go with Chef Mickey's for breakfast.

If Golden Corral is OK you will be fine at Chef Mickey's its not as bas as some have described, a better breakfast is Stitch's at Poly thou.

Last August we did Chef Mickey's our first day and Cape May our last day. My 2 1/2 year old grandson did better at Cape May. It's a little quieter, so might be a better first day choice. I found Chef Mickey's to be a little more chaotic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter