• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Breakfast?

kandeebunny

DIS Veteran
Doing a 5 night Wonder out of Miami in October. Will there be a character breakfast on a sea day? I remember doing on one the Magic awhile back, but that was a 7 day!

Doing a 5 night Wonder out of Miami in October. Will there be a character breakfast on a sea day? I remember doing on one the Magic awhile back, but that was a 7 day!

Character breakfasts are only done on 7-day or longer cruises that have at least 3 at-sea days. This allows for each dining rotation to have a character breakfast.

Character breakfasts are only done on 7-day or longer cruises that have at least 3 at-sea days. This allows for each dining rotation to have a character breakfast.

Correct. They didn't do it on my 2012 NY to Canada cruise.

I believe they need at least 3 sea days, or two sea days and one late port arrival day in order to fit every rotation.

Remind me when they offer the Character Breakfast on a 7 night Magic?

7 night and longer cruises that have at least 3 sea days, or 2 sea days and one late port arrival day (after 12:00). There have been rare 6 night cruises where the breakfast was offered.

However, the Magic is not doing the Character breakfast for her Med season this year, or the TAs on either side of the Med.

Oops I meant to ask about a 7 night Western Caribbean on the Magic. I can't remember if it's the morning after AP or Cariocas? :)

There was in Alaska in 2012 but they seem to have stopped character breakfasts except for on the longer (12+ day) itineraries.

Do you know if there is a Character meal on the 7 day Alaskan cruise? I am crossing my fingers crossed that it is yes...

Historically, yes.

This past summer (2014) DCL eliminated character breakfasts from the summer Magic itineraries, and I guess reports are that those did not resume once the ship returned to itineraries out of the US this fall. But the Wonder has continued to offer character breakfasts on cruises of 7+ nights with at least 3 at-sea days (or 2 at-sea and one late port arrival). Whether DCL plans to make any changes for 2015 is unknown.

Enjoy your cruise!

We were told that the WBTA would not have a character meal, but once we were onboard and a day or so into the cruise (could have been more than that) it was posted in the navigator (I missed it but our tablemates let us know). We had fun but somehow got missed for hats/ears.

Do you know if there is a Character meal on the 7 day Alaskan cruise? I am crossing my fingers crossed that it is yes...

They did in 2014. We had a 9 night cruise with 3 sea days. However the 7 night cruises have 2 sea days and a late port day (Tracy Arm) so a character breakfast is doable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter