Character breakfast

barbie128

Earning My Ears
My daughter will be three on July 19 and we are taking a trip in sept. Even though we are DVC members and have been to Disney many times we have never done a character meal since we had no children. I booked Chef Mickey's and now am wondering if that is the best choice.:worried:She LOVES mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy. But I'm worried about food quality? Is it good? My husband and I like GOOD food. :stir: We have eaten at Trails End and Boma, is it same quality? I am looking at Tusker house thinking food might be better but wonder who we will see besides Donald? Thoughts or help for me??

e did breakfast last year at CM when our son was three. The breakfast food was good. Nothing extra special if that is what you are wanting. Our son had a blast.
We are doing character breakfast everyday the morning we eat at Boma.

as for the characters she wants to see Chef mickeys is the best bet right? have you tried Tusker house? How does the food compare to Chef mickeys? Also who do you see there?

I've had great experiances with Tusker House. Only issue is it being in AK (if that is an issue), which could mess up your parks you want to go to.

as for the characters she wants to see Chef mickeys is the best bet right? have you tried Tusker house? How does the food compare to Chef mickeys? Also who do you see there?

food is comparable at both, we think pretty good
at Tusker Donald Duck is the "Host" so you meet him first outside then inside is Mickey, Daisy, & Goofy (I don't think Minnie is there I was there in May & forget )

At Chef Mickey you will have Mickey of course, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto
IMHO you have better interaction and more time with the characters at Chef Mickeys

We did both Chef Mickey's & Tusker House this year. We weren't disappointed by either. At Chef Mickey's, the food is good, there's nothing stale or old looking if you are concerned about that. It is a breakfast buffet, so you have everything from fresh waffles to quiche to scrambled eggs & fresh fruit. This place definitely had the characters/shows down to a science. You were in/out in a very orderly fashion. We enjoyed it & DS got to see all of the characters individually.

At Tusker House, I'd rate the food as better. There simply was a much larger variety of choices & most were foods we'd never tried before. They try to blend in more exotic dishes. Here, it wasn't so orderly. Getting in was rather chaotic. Donald doesn't sign autographs, either. But inside, the experience is great. All the characters inside spend time at each table just like in Chef Mickeys. Didn't feel rushed at all.

I'd recommend both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter