Character Breakfast Update - Alaska

sharksfinatic17

DIS Veteran
I scanned a couple of pages for this topic and didn't see it, so I wanted to let you all know that as of this week's cruise there will be a change to the Character Breakfast on the Wonder. You will need to sign up for the Character Breakfast at the Port Adventures desk once on the ship. It is going to be now held in Animator's Palate. The reason for this, according to our server, is that not everyone goes and/or doesn't like their assigned time. So this gives Disney a much better idea of how many people will be showing up each day.

I scanned a couple of pages for this topic and didn't see it, so I wanted to let you all know that as of this week's cruise there will be a change to the Character Breakfast on the Wonder. You will need to sign up for the Character Breakfast at the Port Adventures desk once on the ship. It is going to be now held in Animator's Palate. The reason for this, according to our server, is that not everyone goes and/or doesn't like their assigned time. So this gives Disney a much better idea of how many people will be showing up each day.

Thanks for the updated info. We are cruising Alaska next year and I'm very interested in the character breakfast for DS who will be two at the time of sailing.

Thx again!

Will it be only sea days? I will add this to my must do list as soon as we board and sort of
get settled...

Thanks for the heads up! I actually prefer this since I have Palo booked and I am not sure the times of the ticketed meet and greets I may get once onboard. This way, I can get everything sorted out before getting the tickets for character breakfast.

:thanks:
:disrocks:

Thanks! Not cruising until NEXT August, but gathering all the info I can as it's our first cruise ever!

Thanks for this - we've already booked brunch for Tracy Arm day and I was hoping they weren't going to clash.

Will it be only sea days? I will add this to my must do list as soon as we board and sort of
get settled...
Last week it was Sea Day 1, Tracy Arm and Ketchikan day. Our server said it was going to be the same days as in the past it is just now a ticketed event. I like this better than being already scheduled.

Thanks for update. My daughter and I were worried that our character breakfast would be the day we had booked Palo for brunch. Glad now we may now choose day.pooh:

Did the Characters wear their Alaska outfits at the Character Breakfast- perhaps on Tracy Arm Day? Or was there ever a Meet & Greet day that they appeared in their costumes specific to Alaska? We go in August so I really appreciate that you got this out so quickly.

Did the Characters wear their Alaska outfits at the Character Breakfast- perhaps on Tracy Arm Day? Or was there ever a Meet & Greet day that they appeared in their costumes specific to Alaska? We go in August so I really appreciate that you got this out so quickly.
They were there Caribbean/Hawaiian outfits to breakfast (at least when it was in Parrot Cay). Now that it is Animator's I am not sure what they will wear. The Alaska specific outfits were on Tracy Arm day - you could get them both on deck 9 (day) and deck 3 (night).

Yes, our server told us about this last week. The June 22 sailing to Alaska was the last sailing to have the traditional character breakfast. Starting this week and continuing to the future, you must request tickets on the first day in order to attend a character breakfast.

Thanks for update. My daughter and I were worried that our character breakfast would be the day we had booked Palo for brunch. Glad now we may now choose day.pooh:

Caution! This may not be true. I learned last week that the ticketed character meet and greets work like a fast past. You don't actually get to select your time; they just assign you one and you take it or leave it. They kind of make it sound like you have a choice in what time you want, but when I asked for any other time they said you get what you get, no options. They may run these breakfasts differently than the photo meet and greets, but I'm not sure. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Don't know if I missed this, but is the character breakfast only on Wonder while in Alaska? We will be doing the Baja Mexico cruise in October. TIA!

Don't know if I missed this, but is the character breakfast only on Wonder while in Alaska? We will be doing the Baja Mexico cruise in October. TIA!
My understanding is that currently the Wonder and Magic on sailings of seven days or more have the character breakfast. There have been some tests of the character breakfast on the Fantasy recently, but I am not sure if it is a mainstay there.

Caution! This may not be true. I learned last week that the ticketed character meet and greets work like a fast past. You don't actually get to select your time; they just assign you one and you take it or leave it. They kind of make it sound like you have a choice in what time you want, but when I asked for any other time they said you get what you get, no options. They may run these breakfasts differently than the photo meet and greets, but I'm not sure. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
But you can take your tickets to guest services or Port Adventures (which is what we did), and get a different time.

My understanding is that currently the Wonder and Magic on sailings of seven days or more have the character breakfast. There have been some tests of the character breakfast on the Fantasy recently, but I am not sure if it is a mainstay there.

Thanks for the response!

But you can take your tickets to guest services or Port Adventures (which is what we did), and get a different time.
If there's another breakfast scheduled. We booked a character breakfast on the Magic and got first or second sea day, which was also when we had Palo. There was no other character breakfast scheduled at that time - I went and checked at guest services that night. They did eventually open one up, but it was too late for us.

I had fun at the character breakfast watching my kids have fun .

They did give us an early seating though to allow for our Palo booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter