• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Breakfast for adults

cushdisney

Earning My Ears
Going to Disney with my boyfriend in January. He hasn't been to disney since he was 9 (almost 20 years ago) ... I was thinking of surprising him with a character breakfast one morning. Is it odd for a couple in their late 20s to be at a character breakfast without kids and which breakfast would everyone reccommend? I already made an ADR for Ohana's character breakfast but is there another one people would reccommend. I'd prefer one with Mickey, and we are already having dinner at the California Grill so I want to avoid Chef Mickeys.

I don't think it'd be odd at all!! I think it's quite common at WDW for adults to enjoy character meals:)

Not odd at all! My siblings and I do character meals all the time and we are 29, 26, and 23

For this trip we have Crystal Palace, Askerhaus, Garden Grill, and Tuskerhouse booked.

I love all the ones mentioned and we have gone with just adults..
How about Tusker House breakfast..it has some more masculine type characters...Like Donald duck at the front and Goofy...and Mickey..or was it pluto..cant remember but we had a great time..

my husband used to like SOUNDSTAGE Breakfast in MGM back when Aladdin and Jafar and Jasmine..

we are a party of 6 adults and we booked one character breakfast (at Cape May Cafe) just to experience what it'd be like. I wanted CRT but my group vetoed that plan :confused3

I think it's going to be awesome and I am looking forward to having photos taken with the characters!

DH and I have done both tusker house and crystal palace breakfast and we loved them both. On our last trip we are me 32 and DH 39. I like going both for the food and the early access to the parks especially MK.

GO FOR IT! Last trip we enjoyed the Crystal Palace for dinner with Pooh and friends. Next trip we are trying Cinderella's Royal Table - the new breakfast menu looks incredible. We are also trying Crystal Palace for breakfast instead of dinner and dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian which is supposed to be hilarious! 2 adults only for all. You are never too old at Disney!

We're a family of two, mother 70 and daughter 30 and we have 7 character breakfasts booked. I see no problem with that.

My one worry is that character won't pay as much attention to us because we do not have kids with us.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

My one worry is that character won't pay as much attention to us because we do not have kids with us.

I've noticed that the characters cue off of you just how much interaction you want with them. My last trip was to WDW was just my wife and myself for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. We let the kiddos with grandma. We ate at the Cape May Character Breakfast twice as we were staying at the Beach Club.

The first breakfast, my wife and I communicated both verbally and non-verbally that we wanted to interact with them. "Oh look! Its Donald Duck!" my wife exclaimed! We took pictures, hammed it up, and got autographs. IT was the full blown character breakfast experience.

The second breakfast was the morning after the race. I didn't get a lot of sleep, and the race ended very badly for me. The characters approached the table, they pointed at the finishers medal around my neck, and applauded or acted astonished. I smiled and thanked them, and the character moved on. I non-verbally told them that I needed more coffee and NASIDs and less Disney character that morning. They respected that.

Rick

rmgreenesq said:
I've noticed that the characters cue off of you just how much interaction you want with them. My last trip was to WDW was just my wife and myself for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. We let the kiddos with grandma. We ate at the Cape May Character Breakfast twice as we were staying at the Beach Club.

The first breakfast, my wife and I communicated both verbally and non-verbally that we wanted to interact with them. "Oh look! Its Donald Duck!" my wife exclaimed! We took pictures, hammed it up, and got autographs. IT was the full blown character breakfast experience.

The second breakfast was the morning after the race. I didn't get a lot of sleep, and the race ended very badly for me. The characters approached the table, they pointed at the finishers medal around my neck, and applauded or acted astonished. I smiled and thanked them, and the character moved on. I non-verbally told them that I needed more coffee and NASIDs and less Disney character that morning. They respected that.

Rick

Thanks for that tip, I'll be sure to let know I want as much character interaction as possible.

LucyBC80 said:
We're a family of two, mother 70 and daughter 30 and we have 7 character breakfasts booked. I see no problem with that.

My mom and I have been to several character meals. I agree that if you act excited, they won't pass you by. We normally get kisses and hugs and bouncing from furry characters, and lots of 'girl's night out' comments from face characters. We had a whole conversation with Ariel at Akershus about our celebrating buttons

There are lots of *adults only* at the CP every time we go. I love Eeyore, so that's why we pick that restaurant, plus the advantage of an empty park for pictures with our before park ressie. Had lots of interaction with Eeyore, Piglet, and Pooh - kind of let Tigger *bounce* on by LOL There was a table of 6 adults right next to us and they too were having a great time. ::yes::

7 character breakfasts!!!!? That's awesome. My partner (57) and I (46) go to the breakfasts and have a terrific time. I ask Eeyore about his tail and bounce with Tigger. Once at the Crystal Palace, it was pretty quiet, so we ended up seeing them twice, and they were just as interactive....Pooh even got down on his knees and held my hands. It was so dear. Fear not - they'll play:)

DH (37) and I (33) do character meals all the time...just the 2 of us. Our favorites for breakfast are Crystal Palace in MK, Tusker House in AK, 'Ohana @ the Poly and Cape May @ the Beach Club. Of those, Crystal Palace is our favorite.

wdwpirates said:
DH (37) and I (33) do character meals all the time...just the 2 of us. Our favorites for breakfast are Crystal Palace in MK, Tusker House in AK, 'Ohana @ the Poly and Cape May @ the Beach Club. Of those, Crystal Palace is our favorite.

Yes totally agree with all of those. And CP is also my fave!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

kanderson89 said:
7 character breakfasts!!!!? That's awesome. My partner (57) and I (46) go to the breakfasts and have a terrific time. I ask Eeyore about his tail and bounce with Tigger. Once at the Crystal Palace, it was pretty quiet, so we ended up seeing them twice, and they were just as interactive....Pooh even got down on his knees and held my hands. It was so dear. Fear not - they'll play:)

It seems a lot but we're still missing CRT, 'Ohana and 1900 Park Fare! But all others are on my list. I'm looking forward to Tusker House and Cape May the most with CP a close second.

I'm happy with all the responses. It seems my fear is silly and I'm in for a great time, awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter