Character Breakfast before Park Opens

micles

Earning My Ears
Has anyone else besides me had a problem getting into a park for a priority seating befroe the park opened.

Just got back for WDW and had a priority seating at Norway in Epcot for the Princess Breakfast. Seating was for 9:20. Epoct doesn't open til 10:00. When we got there at 9:00 by bus from All Stars the line was at least 50 to 100 people deep waiting for the gates to open. I went up to a security guard waiting to check bags and told him I had a priority seating for 9:20. He said there was nothing he could do and I needed to get in back of line. I went to guest services (one window open) and stood in line until 9:40. When got to window and told the woman my problem she said it didn't matter that I had a priority seating and that when I got in they would seat me. I told her if that was the case than why give priority seatings before the park open and that I wanted to speak to someone else. She said I would have to talk to the Gate Manager. I asked where I could find him and she said at the front gate (I know she was a lot of help) Went to front gate and could not find a cast member anywhere. Went into the gift shop at the front gates and asked a cast member there where to find gate manager. He told me to go to guest services. I proceed to tell him what I had been through so far. (By this time it was 10:00. He took my family and I straight to a security guard and told him to check us next and let us through to get to a priority seating. Got to Norway by about 10:15-10:20 told them what had happend and they seated us as soon as a table became open, also said they had several complaints about that already. If it had not been for the one cast member that was willing to help we probably would have left Epcot and gone to Magic Kingdom.

Hi micles, welcome to the DIS, I'm glad you found us.

What a frustrating experience for you. I'm glad you finally found a CM who would help you.

I'm going to move this over to the restaurants board for you.

Katholyn

Sorry to hear about your problem. We have had several early PS meals at MK and never had a problem. They route the guests to a gate at the right of the entrance, check your name off a list, and let you enter. I wonder if Epcot has a different protocol or they were just confused that morning.

We did an early Princess Breakfast last fall but we entered through the International Gateway. Thankfully, there were no problems at that entrance, but unless you're staying at one of the Epcot Resorts, it's not very convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter