Character Autographs

my2boys1821

Mouseketeer
Can someone explain to me about the Character Autographs. I saw some posts about getting autograph books at Epcot. Do you need one book per park? Can you just get a small book and take it with you to each park? Do the characters only sign autographs at certain times? I think this would help my kids open up to the characters knowing they will get to add autographs to their books. Plus it would be fun finding new characters to add. Thanks in advance!

One book per child will be enough for all of the parks. You should pick up a schedule at Guest Relations at the front of each park when you enter, and it will tell you where to see characters during the day. If you are looking for a specific character, you should ask a CM and they can check on whether that character will be available and at what time. Be prepared that there will almost always be lines for characters. The characters will stay out for a while and then take a break. "Face" characters like the princesses usually take a long (1/2 hour or so) break, while other characters have shorter breaks. If you are on line and the character is about to leave, do not despair - just ask the character handler that is always with the character what time they will be back. You can usually just stay in line and wait a few extra minutes.

Have fun finding lots of characters!

The way that character autopgraphs work are that during meet-and-greets or character meals with the characters, they will write their signiture in your book. You don't need a specific one for each park. You don't even need one of the official ones they sell in the park. You can use a notepad, journal, album, etc. You can feel free to be creative as possible. Some people even get hats and shirts signed. I like the official one becuase it's just big enough for a signiture, but small enough to transport easily. You do need to supply your own pen as well. Fatter pens work best since they are easier for the characters to grasp with their paws and gloves.

Just one more thing- not all characters sign autographs. Buzz, Woody, and Mr. and Mrs. Incredible use ink stamps to sign while other characters like King Louie, Mike, Sully, and Figment are physically unable to sign autographs. I belive http://www.wdwautographs.com will be able to tell you what characters sign or not, along with any other info I've forgotten.

Just a little tip or two for characters....when in MK and u want a Mickey/Minnie/Princesses/MaryPoppins pic and autograph..stick around the Mickey's Toontown area and right before the park closes for the day make ur way to the Big Top Tent behind Mickey's house...I've gotten great autographs and beautiful pics without having to stand in line. Also make sure u bring a big pen or marker (easier for dressed characters to hold.)

I think the autographs were the highlights for my daughters. I bought them each a book here at home- they were small scrapbooks about 5x7. Also brought Sharpie pens. When we met a character, each book would get signed, then I would put a rubber band around to hold the signed pages to the cover. Then we always had the next page ready. When we got home we put the pictures of the kids with the character on the page opposite the autograph. That way they could tell whose autograph was whose and they love those books.

After reading several posts on the DisBoards about creating your own autograph books, I decided to try it out. I bought 2 small books at my local craft store, along with Disney stickers and letters. I personalized each child's with their name and the dates we would be there. I had also seen a post about making sure to get a "fat" pen because it's easier for the characters to hold, so I found a Tigger pen for each child at Wal-Mart. On our last night at Magic Kingdom, we ate at Crystal Palace and when Tigger saw our pens he made an extra big special fuss over them! He wound up visiting our table many times that night to interact with us! :banana:

Enjoy your visit!!

meeko_33785 said:
The way that character autopgraphs work are that during meet-and-greets or character meals with the characters, they will write their signiture in your book. You don't need a specific one for each park. You don't even need one of the official ones they sell in the park. You can use a notepad, journal, album, etc. You can feel free to be creative as possible. Some people even get hats and shirts signed. I like the official one becuase it's just big enough for a signiture, but small enough to transport easily. You do need to supply your own pen as well. Fatter pens work best since they are easier for the characters to grasp with their paws and gloves.

Just one more thing- not all characters sign autographs. Buzz, Woody, and Mr. and Mrs. Incredible use ink stamps to sign while other characters like King Louie, Mike, Sully, and Figment are physically unable to sign autographs. I belive http://www.wdwautographs.com will be able to tell you what characters sign or not, along with any other info I've forgotten.

Thanks, Meeko!! :cloud9: In the link in our signature, there are photos and autographs of many character at Disney World. We are missing a few super rare ones, though, but gives us something to strive for next time! We also try our best to reveal if the character is common, or too rare to bother looking for!! :cool2:

If you are REALLY into autographs (like in our case :teeth: ), we needed more than one autograph book, since the common blue autograph book has 50 pages, and we usually get more than 50 per trip! I guess an autograph book can fit 100 signatures since you could use both sides of each page. But it is fun for the kids - my nephew and nieces love flipping through the books and remembering who they met! :)

Super Ideas! I think I will get some smaller scrapbook type books and personalize them with each child's name on it and their favorite characters. The autographs with pictures next to them is a grand idea as well. Thanks so much for the tips. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter