Character autographs

tink1663

Mouseketeer
Do the characters use their own pens when signing autographs or do they use the children's? I know at Disney World they recommend having a fatter pen than usual to make it easier for the characters to sign autographs.

On the Wonder, most of the kids bring their own pens to everything but the All Star Autograph session. For that event, each character has their own pen in a different color.
If you don't have a pen handy when you run into a character, the greeter usually has one.

Last time, we had the characters sign t-shirts (bought on WDW property) and the chucky/fat fabric pens worked great. I got a pack of 3 at Jo Ann Fabrics and I think I also saw them at Michaels crafts?
I think a fat sharpie would work ok on paper? Anyone else try that?

For the autograph books we used a regular pin...nothing special. Durring the autograph sessions...where their all lined up they each have their own pin.

We also sent things to guest services to be signed...tee shirt and pillow case...along with a big pack of multi colored sharpies...the shirts and pillowcases we returned all signed...along with the unopened pack of pens that I sent along also.

One time my little boy handed Cinderella our Sharpie marker and with her gown being so beautiful and full, she turned and the Sharpie ALMOST marked her gown. Cinderella looked at the character greeter with a look of fear, relief and anger (all in the same 10 seconds). It was a scary moment to think the permanent marker almost ruined that dress. Lesson learned.

Be sure to put your child's name and stateroom number in the autograph book.

My granddaughter left hers in the dining room the last night. Had we not had the ID in the book all of her autographs would have been lost.

A small detail that could make the difference in a happy trip home or a disappointed child.

Bill

The name and stateroom # is a great idea.

We try to get our children very UNIQUE pens so that in the crowd of children it is very "identify-able".

Hope this helps.

It is interesting to note that all the posts talked about children getting autographs. My DW and I are over 50 (barely) and love getting autographs and photographs of characters. My favorite is a poster where I had all the characters sign it plus many of the Officers and staff from the ship.

If you are on the cruise with me I will be easy to spot because I will the only adult without children in line for a photo with all the characters.

The only difference in this next cruise in January is I will be in line with my DS (who is 31 years old!)

Honestly now don't we all sometimes use our children as excuses for some of the things we really want. We have to help them eat all that Halloween candy. Get that special toy we end up playing with too,etc,etc.

Originally posted by tink1663
Honestly now don't we all sometimes use our children as excuses for some of the things we really want. We have to help them eat all that Halloween candy. Get that special toy we end up playing with too,etc,etc.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: That's one of the cool perks about being a parent.

Plus when the kids get old enough you have someone to do dishes and vacuum. LOL

characters never carry pens for safety reasons, so always make sure they have a pen...

fatter pens are better, but they can sign with anything.. the will have DCL pens in your stateroom.

They won't sell sharpies on board.. you'll never see any type of permanent pen sold on any Disney property.. shoreside or on the ship, so if you are wanting to have hats/shirts etc signed, you will need to bring your own sharpie.

I just wanted to say..they must have some sort of perment markers like sharpies on board...because the whole pack of sharpies that I sent along with our things to be signed was returned unopened..with our things signed...

I am sure the staff has them to use for work related stuff, but I highly doubt the sell them. I know they don't sell them anywhere in the parks, for fear of graffiti, I would assume the same for the ships. Perhaps a member of the cruise staff "loaned" a sharpie. I have given a guest one of our sharpies for autographes in the parks.

Often the charaters like thick pens because they are easier to hold on to....especially if you have paws or gloves.....

a few weeks ago someone put a picture of their child's pillow that was autographed by the characters. It was so adorable. The pillow case itself had disney characters on it (princess I believe). Does anyone know where I might find pillow cases like that?

I believe it was homemade. I saw that fabric at Walmart the other day. There was some other really cute Disney fabric. We are making pillowcases before our cruise for the characters to sign.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter