Character Autographs

britterbell

DIS Veteran
Want to try something new for character's autographs this year besides the autograph books. Any creative ideas?? :goodvibes

My favorite is the pillowcase. I use it all the time and it brings back great memories. My mom got an embroidery machine and makes them all the time for people so this time my dd#2 will have an awesome one w/ her name and character on it to get signed. (she doesn't have one yet).

Tshirt

IMG_0764.jpg

My DD13 this year took a pair of white Converse high-tops and got all her favorites to sign. It was a big hit. We did a pillowcase for the Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fare a couple years back - we got a design from the Creative DISign boards which had all the characters on it and I did an iron on transfer with that and her name and some ribbon trim. She also got a Tink hat one year and had Tink sign it and wore it all the time. One year we made our own autograph book also from the Creative DISign board and used them in the scrapbook.

During our last trip, we brought white 5x7 photo mattes and had the characters sign with different-colored Sharpies. They looked awesome! Then we put our favorite characters shots in there and hung them in my DD's room. We're doing it again this year too.

During our last trip, we brought white 5x7 photo mattes and had the characters sign with different-colored Sharpies. They looked awesome! Then we put our favorite characters shots in there and hung them in my DD's room. We're doing it again this year too.
This is brilliant... And the pillowcase.
What kinda marker do you use on the pillowcase? Obviously you want to be able to wash it without everything coming off.

I would love to see pictures of a pillow case.

Hey SIL!

We are having the boys backpacks signed. We did this a few years ago with DS8 and he loved it! Now they will both bring their backpack with them along with a silver metallic caligraphy pen. The best part is that they are easy to retrace if they fade.

I saw the idea of picture frame mattes on Pinterest and thought it was brilliant. I plan on getting one for the characters to sign at Chef Mickey's and put one of the pictures taken there in the frame. Great idea for those who do a lot of character dining!

We did the 9 inch vinylmations one year.

I'm looking for new ideas myself for our next trip and running out of time.

We bought a couple of books for a couple of our character dinners (Cinderella for 1900 and Winnie the Pooh for Crystal Palace) and will get the characters to sign.
Also really wanted to buy the book Disney Jr. Encyclopedia of Animated Characters but not 100% sure it will ship on time. Debating.
Think the Photomats are a great idea as well!

lsenquiz said:
We did quilt squares last year. We are doing the picture mattes this year.

Do you have a pic of the quilt? I have never thought of that before and we already have an autograph book full so I didn't want to do that again.

Also how did you give it to the characters so they could easily sign it - like did you use a clip board or what?

Do you have a pic of the quilt? I have never thought of that before and we already have an autograph book full so I didn't want to do that again.

Also how did you give it to the characters so they could easily sign it - like did you use a clip board or what?

Sadly it is not finished yet I still just have the squares. I actually am thinking of starting over this year. I recently got a sewing machine that does embroidery so I am creating quilt squares with the characters embroideried into them. I plan to get these signed this year. However, there are pictures over on the creative board which is where I got the idea. One suggestion if you decide to go this route is to bring a couple of small embroidery hoops with you. We put the squares in the hoops before getting in line for the character and it made it easier for them to sign. Also use sharpies for fabric to keep them from smearing when you wash it.

Here is a picture of Rapunzel signing a square though:

Photo0262FourBySix by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

This year was my first time at Star Wars Weekends and I bought the paper frame with Darth Donald and Jedi Mickey. I had Queen Amidala sign it and then put the picture we took inside the frame.
I'm going to see if I can find more sign-able frames for some other favorites, like Belle!

lsenquiz said:
Sadly it is not finished yet I still just have the squares. I actually am thinking of starting over this year. I recently got a sewing machine that does embroidery so I am creating quilt squares with the characters embroideried into them. I plan to get these signed this year. However, there are pictures over on the creative board which is where I got the idea. One suggestion if you decide to go this route is to bring a couple of small embroidery hoops with you. We put the squares in the hoops before getting in line for the character and it made it easier for them to sign. Also use sharpies for fabric to keep them from smearing when you wash it.

Here is a picture of Rapunzel signing a square though:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62625519@N07/7784724022/
Photo0262FourBySix by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We did the same thing except i used a clipboard instead....the hoop is a much better idea! Only Snow White was off centered....

I unfortunately have not created it yet as it has been many years since I sewed but I also haven't found what fabric I want to use with the squares.

I have also done the photo mats....they look great with the princesses' signatures.

The white sneakers are an interesting idea...my daughter is a huge fan of converse...that is a cool way to remember her childhood.

I have also seen the 9" vinylmations used by other guests...looked neat...

I was considering looking at the Disney cookbook to see if there is a lot of characters whose recipes could be signed...

Has anybody every used a ball cap? My son wants to do this and has the Disney World hat that is white over the entire head area (the bill is blue I think.) I'm just wondering how to give it to characters, a bright sharpie on the bill would work, but it will run out of room fast and some will need to sign over the rest of it. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

wgeo said:
Has anybody every used a ball cap? My son wants to do this and has the Disney World hat that is white over the entire head area (the bill is blue I think.) I'm just wondering how to give it to characters, a bright sharpie on the bill would work, but it will run out of room fast and some will need to sign over the rest of it. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes my dd used to get princess autographs on their ball caps. She has a nice collection of them at 15 now

Last year my daughter and I created a photo book on Snapfish (they are available from many sites). We took photos of her previous visits to Disney with each of the characters that we planned to see (when there was a new character that we hadn't met before, but planned to meet we found one of the character on the internet and put that in). We have been to Disney a few times so we used pictures of her at all different ages and we created cute themes for the character for each page. We found quotes from the movies or stories and placed them in the pages as well.
Some pages we made to encompass multiple characters or themed for a character meal. Then on the last page we put a picture of the castle in a transparent setting (so that it was more of a background photo) and wrote autographs at the top of the page, kind of like a school yearbook. We used this for random characters we met that we did not anticipate (like at Characterpaloza).
The characters, especially the face characters loved the book. Many of them flipped through the book and enjoyed looking at it themselves. It led to a lot of great interactions with the characters and a fun conversation piece. (Ex. Snow White asked her what she has been doing since their last meeting; Mickey posed with the book holding up his page.) It was a great project to do together with my daughter and really got her to remember the great trips of the past and get excited for our upcoming trip. Now my daughter has a great book that not only got her new memories, but captured memories of Disney trips of the past.
300865_2252787332105_115096624_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter