character autographs

MamaOfTwoPrincesses

MNSSHP October 2008
Just wondering if there is appeal for this at age 4, almost 5. We'll be so overwhelmed with everything that I wonder if it is worth trying to collect character autographs or not. (And do they sign autographs at character meals?) Thanks!

My DD LOVED this at 3 and 4 yrs. Yes they sign at character meals, and another GREAt place is the tent in toon town, there are 3 lines, one for Princesses, one for Winnie etc and one for Mickey etc. MY DD LOVED this and is a great keepsake she looks at again and again.

I guess each kid is differenct, mine even made pictures for their fav characters and gave them to them. A great way to kill a few hours on the plane!!! :thumbsup2

A good friend made my daughter an autograph book for her birthday last year (we were going to be celebrating her birthday at Disney) and Caroline had a great time telling the character that their names were going in a special book, and their picture would go there too, etc. She still looks at it nearly every day!

My DD is 4 and she loved getting their autographs, she only has two blank pages left in her book because she got so many autographs. The ones they sell at Disney are nice too because they have a picture slot beside each page for autograph so you can put the pic of your daughter with each character. She loves her special book. I am going to get her another one when we go again for Christmas. Hope your family has a wonderful trip :)

My kids love to collect autographs. The first time we went to WDW, my oldest was four, and we had no clue about these autographs. He caught on within 15 minutes of arriving at MK...and we had to hurry to get him his own book. Our last trip, my older kids were 6 and 3, and they were really into it. The kids love to get these books out periodically to review all the characters they saw. I've already got 3 ready for our October trip, since I bet my soon-to-be-3-year-old will not want to be left out!

Yes, character meals are a great place to get autographs!!!!!!!!!

My DD was 4 when she collected autographs. She had so much fun and it was a good icebreaker when she was a little nervous. The characters sign autographs at the meals and that is when you get the best interaction time IMO. Have fun!

It's funny seeing this topic this morning. Just last night we were at a fireworks festival and we were talking about our trip to Disney last year with our 6 year old---and the topic of autographs came up. I said, "Who was your favorite character?" and "Do you remember this one or that one?" and my son says...................................................

(get ready...this is a heartbreaker............)

"Ma, the characters aren't real, they're just big people in suits. Cartoons aren't real mommy."

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA is the magic over already????????????

:p

My son has collected autographs since he was about 3, and he is now 8. His interest in collecting them peaked about age 6 or so, and now, he is less interested. So, I think 5 is a great age to do it.

Character meals are very convenient places to get autographs. Be sure to pack the book/pen when you leave the room. We just got back July 2 and there were a few times a mom or dad had to fly back to the room to get them. :cool1: Our DD and DS did the autograph thing only once; next time it was enough to get the picture with the character. :banana:

one VERY important thing to do is write your childs name and address into the address book. In nov we left our 8 year olds book on a bus following a a character meal. We were told to go to TTC lost and found the next day and pick it up. We didn't get there(bought her a new one-ahhhh) for our morning chef mickey's res. We arrived back home following day. Two weeks later we received her book in the mail. Yaaaahhhhh!! DD was so excited, now we have a somewhat knew book to use this year!
My DD's are 6 and 9 and collecting auto's are one of the main things they love to do. I do to!!

If you don't want the pressure of filling a book, or having to get certain ones, you can take a photo mat instead of a book. Just go with the child's interest once you get there, or get whatever signatures happen to be convenient, and put the best picture in it when you get home.

My DD and DSIL did not think their Princess would be interested so they did not have an autograph book handy. We went to Chef Mickey's for our first night meal and DSIL had to sprint to the gift shop so that the little one could have her book ready :thumbsup2

My 4-yo daughter has loved collecting autographs since she was two. She saw other kids doing it, so she wanted to do it too. Same thing happened with my niece when she was 1.5-- she saw her big sister and cousin with a book and HAD to have one!

We do mostly character meals because some of the lines for characters in the park are too long. Unless we see someone we haven't seen before or there's no line, we usually don't stop for autographs in the park.

If you have a car while you're there and plan on stopping at Target or Walmart, they have autograph books available for $3 or so. I always liked these books better because they have decorated pages.

The classic blue WDW autograph book is about $6 now. The bigger books with slots for pictures are $13, but they have very few pages.

My 4 yo LOVED doing this. It gave him a reason for approaching the characters. With that reasoning he was more likely to go up there in the first place. Plus it gave them something to talk about! He really had a wonderful time getting them!

Next time I am going to hand make an autograph book!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter