Character Autographs on Plate Question

EeyoreIsMyName

DIS Veteran
We would like to get character autographs on plates. We know how the procedure works to get items signed. My questions are:

1. What kind of plates are best (melamie, ceramic, other)?

2. What is best to use for the characters to sign them with (sharpies in different colors...)?

TIA for your help!
:eeyore:

Thanks for your responses. I will just use it to display. Did you do any sort of spray over the signatures afterwards? Sharpies don't rub off from normal handling?

Here is what we did....
We bought over 25 colored sharpies, and a couple of black ones with the fine tip/regular tip.
We write a note to the Characters explaining/introducing ourselves, show we are * where we are from. Ask that any/all please sign this for us ....and left two bags of M&M's , one plain, one peanut.

I really don't know who came of with just using the fine black tip only....
but did it turn out great. One of our favorite things we display.
[we did get all of the sharpies back]

No spray, just hangs on the wall

what do you think:

Robin & Angel "D"
Polynesian: 1992
Dixie Landings: 1993
Shades of Green (opening weekend): 1994
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004/ retired from U.S.Army
PO/ French Quarter: 2009 (became DVC owners BLT)Bay Lake Towers: 2010
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village: DW 1st MVMCP DEC 2011/1st stay@ SSR/ taking Mom to her 1st MVMCP NOV 2012
DisneyLand: 1st Visit "EVER" / GC/ April 2012/ VWL SEPT '13/Jan '14 GFV: Animal Kingdom 1BR/FEB'14 [before the Dream Cruise]
DCL:
EC/Magic: 2002 WC/Magic: 2009 EC/Magic: 2010
LA ~ Vancouver repo: April 2011Vancouver ~ Alaska (Maiden Alaska Cruise) May 2011 added pts. to SSSR /
Hawaii Maiden Cruise APR 2012 / 4~day Bahama's "Wonder" Cruise May 2013/WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder/ EC & WC 1st & 2nd Cruise on "NEW SHIPS" Fantasy SEPT 7th & 14th
1st time as a Platinum member Cruise/ WC FEB 1st ~ 8th/ 2014 Fantasy FEB 9~13 1st time on the Dream/Completing the "Grand Slam Of DCL Ships!"
EBPC SEP 12-26 '14 bring the Wonder homeEBTA May 15th 2015, “our 25th" Wedding anniversary b2b Cruise/ Magic 1st N. Europe Cruise, May 30th 2015/ Magic

Robin"D";51419505 said:
Here is what we did....
We bought over 25 colored sharpies, and a couple of black ones with the fine tip/regular tip.
We write a note to the Characters explaining/introducing ourselves, show we are * where we are from. Ask that any/all please sign this for us ....and left two bags of M&M's , one plain, one peanut.

I really don't know who came of with just using the fine black tip only....
but did it turn out great. One of our favorite things we display.
[we did get all of the sharpies back]

No spray, just hangs on the wall

what do you think:

Robin & Angel "D"

Thanks for your post. Loved this idea and the plate is adorable! Thanks for the picture-it really helped me to see the final product. I really like it all in black sharpies since the image in the center is in black!

We used this plate and it turned out gorgeous! I wish I was home so I could post a pic. We got the Fab 5 to sign and we used colored sharpies.

http://www.disneystore.com/gourmet-mickey-mouse-dinner-plate/mp/1307042/1000349/

I like this plate design. What did you think of having the different colors for signatures? Another individual posted one with only the black autographs.If you get a chance, could you post a picture? I'd like to see it with colored sharpies. Thanks!

I like this plate design. What did you think of having the different colors for signatures? Another individual posted one with only the black autographs.If you get a chance, could you post a picture? I'd like to see it with colored sharpies. Thanks!

We don't have as many signatures because I didn't realize you could request certain characters. We were asked if we wanted princesses or the Fab 5 and we chose the latter. I think it turned out great. :goodvibes

We don't have as many signatures because I didn't realize you could request certain characters. We were asked if we wanted princesses or the Fab 5 and we chose the latter. I think it turned out great. :goodvibes

Well, now I feel like Prissy in Gone With the Wind...what to do, what to do, Miss Scarlet? I can't decide whether to do all black or color, all the autographs or select the ones that are more meaningful...

Love the picture-thanks for posting it. It was very helpful to see it in black & white (I mean living color!).:eeyore:

Well, now I feel like Prissy in Gone With the Wind...what to do, what to do, Miss Scarlet? I can't decide whether to do all black or color, all the autographs or select the ones that are more meaningful... Love the picture-thanks for posting it. It was very helpful to see it in black & white (I mean living color!).:eeyore:

Sounds like someone needs to do more than one cruise. One for the black sharpies and one for the color ones. Problem solved.

They make sharpies that have both tips on it, regular tip and the fine tip.
That is what they used for our plate.
We love it!

Side note, our plate was done on the Fantasy, where there is more Characters to have sign.

Robin & Angel "D". :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter