Character Autographs...Average # Per Trip?

eacatwork

Former Disgruntled Number Cruncher
Hi! I am looking at a new 5" x 5" scrapbook/journal that Stampin' Up! is selling starting today as a potential autograph book. It contains 20 sheets of paper and in it, I could get 19 autographs, if I were to have the characters sign on the left and put the photo on the right. I wonder if space for 19 characters is enough. DH and I will be in WDW for 6 days.

For those of you that collect autographs, how many do you average per trip?

Thanks!

Last Trip we have about 40-45.Soemtimes they get confused/or cant see well and sign on the wrong page. Even when you ahve the book opened and pen ready they tend to sign where they wan't sometimes.

How cool! I am considering Stampin Up an autograph book for my DD5 for her trip in a few months. Are you talking about the 5x5 art journal in the new spring mini??? That is exactly what I was going to do. Just purchased some Disney character stamps from Michael's, and I was going to stamp each page with a character, and save the opposite page for the picture with the character. In the past, my DD5 is a character junkie, and she will end up with at least 50 signatures, many of them duplicates though. I also notices in the same mini catalogue Stampin Up has the spiral punch so you could add pages, even colored ones to your 5x5 art journal. I would add more just to be safe!!

We usually have around 50. We stop almost everytime we see a character. I took two pre-scrapped autograph albums on our last trip. I wrote "photo" on the area for the photo that way the characters would know not to sign there. We didn't end up with any problems of them signing in wrong place.

How cool! I am considering Stampin Up an autograph book for my DD5 for her trip in a few months. Are you talking about the 5x5 art journal in the new spring mini??? That is exactly what I was going to do. Just purchased some Disney character stamps from Michael's, and I was going to stamp each page with a character, and save the opposite page for the picture with the character. In the past, my DD5 is a character junkie, and she will end up with at least 50 signatures, many of them duplicates though. I also notices in the same mini catalogue Stampin Up has the spiral punch so you could add pages, even colored ones to your 5x5 art journal. I would add more just to be safe!!

Bobbi - this is exactly the book I was considering. The reason I was asking about the average # of characters is so I have a ballpark idea of how many more pages to add. I'm going to prestamp the pages too...I got the castle and Cinderella from Michael's already and I'll be using my 40% coupons each week to add more stamps to my collection.

I also like the PP's suggestion ^^ about writing "PHOTO" on a page so the character knows not to sign on it. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Lately I've been only getting about 10 or so autographs per trip, but only because I usually don't get autographs from characters that I've already gotten one from and instead just do photos and interactions with them. Potentially though, I usually meet about 25-40 characters per trip depending on length so I could get that many autographs.

I'm going to do the same for this trip - a Creative Memories Disney Sentiments. I brought extra sets of pages and added them as needed.

Last time I actually pre-decorated the pages, but I'm not doing that this year. It was too much trouble to find the spot for the autograph, although Mary Poppins was actually thrilled that someone had actually made a page for her! It was the first time.

This time, I'm going to just put in blank pages, having autographs on both sides. No need to find the right spot in a hurry! I'll also leave the binding at home (it can get munched!) and remove and add pages every day so I'm not having to tote the whole thing with every page around every day.

Then when I get home I can just insert another page in-between the autograph pages for the photos, etc. To me, it's the way to go.

This time, I'm going to just put in blank pages, having autographs on both sides. No need to find the right spot in a hurry! I'll also leave the binding at home (it can get munched!) and remove and add pages every day so I'm not having to tote the whole thing with every page around every day.

Then when I get home I can just insert another page in-between the autograph pages for the photos, etc. To me, it's the way to go.

quiltymom, THAT IS GENIUS!!! :thumbsup2 I love that because then it's not the same "autograph on the left, picture on the right" the whole way through the book! As one of the PPs mentioned, SU has the new punch that will allow me to add more pages to the book, so between the PP's suggestions and yours, I think we have a WINNER!!!:cheer2:

Thank you!!!

we usually get 30+ depending on how many lines/charachter meals we do someitimes more...

I average about 40-50, I take 6x6 sheets of cardstock, many colors with different color sharpies, and then put them into a 6x6 scrapbook when I return home and print a 6x6 photo of the character at Wolf Camera to go with it.

quiltymom, THAT IS GENIUS!!! :thumbsup2 I love that because then it's not the same "autograph on the left, picture on the right" the whole way through the book! As one of the PPs mentioned, SU has the new punch that will allow me to add more pages to the book, so between the PP's suggestions and yours, I think we have a WINNER!!!:cheer2:

Thank you!!!

You're welcome! I thought that it would be so much fun for the characters to autograph their own pages (it was!), but what I remember most was the panic I felt at every character meeting that I wouldn't be able to find the correct page on time. I didn't relax one bit! Now with this new way it's just open the book to the next blank spot and voila! No stress! And taking out the used pages will make our backpacks s-o-o-o-o-o much lighter!

I'm glad to help. :wave2:

This is exactly what I did for DD's book last year. I took about 8 fresh pages in a ziplock bag with us each day. Easy to carry and it worked GREAT!

Minnie was at the Cape May Cafe breakfast and signed one and then wrote 'CM?' on our paper table covering... I was thinking Cast Member then finally realized she was asking if they were Creative Memories pages, lol:rotfl:

Minnie was at the Cape May Cafe breakfast and signed one and then wrote 'CM?' on our paper table covering... I was thinking Cast Member then finally realized she was asking if they were Creative Memories pages, lol:rotfl:

Oh, now that's funny! Thanks for sharing!!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter