• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Appearances at Reception

Dagny

DIS Veteran
I may be crazy and I can't find anything that 100% confirms my beliefs BUT we received our BEO and they are charging us $2325 for four Disney characters. We choose Mickey, Minnie, Chip & Dale. I could have SWORN that Chip & Dale are considered one character (they are listed together on our "Enhancements" sheet. I would not be concerned if it was a few bucks, but it is a difference of $450 which is significant to me.

Can anyone confirm that Chip and Dale should only be charged as one character? Perhaps I am losing it.... with the wedding 6 weeks away, that is entirely possible!!!

TIA

They're a package deal though. I don't think you can have either chip or dale; you have to get both chip and dale, but they're still two characters.

I would double check the breakdown of what they're charging you for the characters vs the pricing you were initially quoted. I know characters fall under that prices subject to change at any time type clause (at least they do for Disneyland), but we had an issue for our couple characters (Mickey and Minnie) where the spreadsheet was showing their price as if they were two individual characters and not a set, which has a slightly discounted price. It was an easy correction, but one I could have easily missed if I wasn't paying attention, so it's worth double checking with your planner that what you're being charged is accurate.

Is there was a possibility of having Pinocchio or Dopey as characters at a wedding? I have listened to Stephanie and Vincent's wedding (#156) on Carrie's podcast so I was just wondering is anyone ever heard of those characters being available at a wedding or private event. Is there any special combinations or accommodations other than the usual characters that they would need to be present?

Chip and Dale are indeed two performers and two characters. I think the confusion is coming in the fact that they MUST appear together, therefore there is no option for just one or the other. They come as a set and are priced as such.

Hope this helps!

Yep- we had Chip and Dale at our reception last October... charged for 2 characters (they each also have their own handler with them), but you cannot have one without the other. They were awesome and did a heck of a Chicken dance... everyone went bonkers when they walked in...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter