• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chankanaab Crowded?

gttwirler

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are scheduled to sail the Fantasy on May 30th for a Western Caribbean cruise. I have been lurking around and have found that a lot of people enjoy Chankanaab. I have looked at some YouTube videos of the park when two other ships are in port and it didn't look that crowded. We are scheduled to be in port with two other ships plus the Fantasy for a port load over 10000. Just wondering if someone who has visited the park could tell me if it was crowded when they went? I don't know what my definition of crowded is, though. Maybe not snorkeling on top of one another? Thanks!

Hi, we are scheduled to sail the Fantasy on May 30th for a Western Caribbean cruise. I have been lurking around and have found that a lot of people enjoy Chankanaab. I have looked at some YouTube videos of the park when two other ships are in port and it didn't look that crowded. We are scheduled to be in port with two other ships plus the Fantasy for a port load over 10000. Just wondering if someone who has visited the park could tell me if it was crowded when they went? I don't know what my definition of crowded is, though. Maybe not snorkeling on top of one another? Thanks!
I really enjoyed my time there and I would go back. We did the dolphin excursion so not much time to explore. But we did snorkel and use the pool.
Snorkeling is right there you walk down some steps. I thought it was decent snorkeling for right off the "beach".

I think there were 4 ships in port last time we were there and it (Chankanaab) was not crowded - we really enjoyed our time there. We went to the park on our own, which I would recommend. We were able to do the dolphin swim and a a kayak tour which was killer - the kayaks have a clear bottom.

Everyone there was really friendly, transportation there and back was a breeze (government set cab fares) and the food was really good.

I should qualify this as we were there in February and the water was a little chilly, which may have kept some folks away.

We were there this week and did not find it crowded. It was really nice with lots to do. We had four cruise ships in port. Our ship had lots of small kids. Most of those families chose to stay on the ship or closer to port. Manuel manages the park and stays by front entrance. He is very nice and happy to help with any questions. We did zip line, snorkel, massage and sea lion swim. We didn't relax much with so much to do.

We are interested in the sea lion swim here. I don't see it as an excursion that Disney offers so I guess we will do it on our own. Do we need to purchase reservations to do it before arriving or can we do it when we get there?

We did it on our own. I purchase the tickets before the cruise. There was 10 of us with one sea lion. Half stayed in water for swim by and hold and half stayed out for kiss and petting, then we switched. It didn't seem crowded or rushed and took an hour. We did 1:30pm. I got a picture package of 3 5x7s for $50 after the show. I acted like I could care less about the pictures.

We were just there on Tuesday with the Wonder. There were 5 or 6 ships in port that day and didn't find it very crowed. We went on our own and arrived first thing in the morning and secured a spot in the shade by the kids swimming lagoon. By mid-morning there was no chairs left by the swimming lagoon, but there were plenty of spots on the other beach where the snorkeling was.

We also noticed by about noon the snorkeling area was a bit crowded, but it is very large so I don't think that would be a big issue.

3 ships in port in Coz will not over crowd it, by the end of May it's starting the slow season on the island. There are a handful of beaches varying from minimal stuff to all inclusive options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter