Changing/Upgrading Resorts

AbbyAnder

Every day's a little more colourful now that we're
Hi,

Firstly, this is not a question about trying to get a free resort upgrade (although wouldn't that be some pixiedust: !).

My question is about upgrading the resort at check in. If we turned up at, say CSR ('cause that's where we're currently booked), and decided at the last minute that we wanted to go with the dream choice (Poly or CR) - can we do that? Would the OOP be the full price difference?

Sorry if it seems like a stupid question, but the closer we get to the trip and the more we realise that this will be it for at least the next 5 years, the more I'm thinking that we should have just gone with the original choice (although it is double the cost).

Hi,

Firstly, this is not a question about trying to get a free resort upgrade (although wouldn't that be some pixiedust: !).

My question is about upgrading the resort at check in. If we turned up at, say CSR ('cause that's where we're currently booked), and decided at the last minute that we wanted to go with the dream choice (Poly or CR) - can we do that? Would the OOP be the full price difference?

Sorry if it seems like a stupid question, but the closer we get to the trip and the more we realise that this will be it for at least the next 5 years, the more I'm thinking that we should have just gone with the original choice (although it is double the cost).

No such thing as a stupid question. Yes, the difference would be at rack rate. If you think you may be wanting to switch, I say do it now while you may be able to swing some type of discount. If the cost is a big issue, have you considered WL, it's a gorgeous MK resort with water launch to the MK.

If you are thinking you may want to upgrade I would do it now.For one, it is rack rate that you pay for the difference.Second, there may not be any rooms to choose from to switch to.I know my friend tried to switch and all that was left was club level rooms or suites, but which are pricier categories

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter