Changing to a split stay?

Lisa LSR

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but here goes.

We have reservations at AoA for Dec 31st through Jan 6.

We are actually arriving on Dec 30th and have reservations offsite. Now that some resorts are showing more availability, I'd like to try to do a split stay, Dec 30th - Jan 2, then go to AoA for the rest of our trip.

Here's my question, will I lost my park reservations on December 31st through Jan 2nd if I change to a different resort? Keep in mind, I'm not just changing a resort. I'd be adding a day (the 30th), as well as splitting my trip.

Is this something I definitely need to call about? Thanks!

I just switch my resort reservations this week with no impact whatsoever to my park reservations. I had one reservation, saw availability elsewhere so booked that, and then cancelled the original.

And the park reservation showed up with the new one?
The park reservations will remain as long as you have tickets. What PP says is key -- have the new tickets in place before cancelling the old reservation. Keep in mind that if you have a package booked, you will probably need to call to get longer tickets on your first reservation so they will extend through the second reservation because that usually isn't an option online anymore. Or you can purchase tickets separately and book 2 room-only reservations.

I switched hotels in august and park reservations were fine BUT the magicband I ordered to await my arrival was not there and they couldn’t replace it with the same design so I would say be careful if you’re expecting magicbands to “follow you” if you change your first hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter