Changing the honeymoon registry?

Julie521

DIS Veteran
Did any of your other disney honeymooners get the email about changing the honeymoon registry? I have already set everything up and just waiting to announce everything to my guests. Is what I set up not going to count for anything? Should I just wait until after December to announce everything and re-register. My wedding is in June and the shower won't be until later, so I don't know what to do! any help or advice would be appreciated PLEASE!

From what I understand, anything that is purchased before the end of the year will go on your card, but you have to create a new one after December. I'm just sending our guests to our website and they will be linked from there, so even if it changes I'll always provide them with the link.

From what I understand, anything that is purchased before the end of the year will go on your card, but you have to create a new one after December. I'm just sending our guests to our website and they will be linked from there, so even if it changes I'll always provide them with the link.

OKay, i wasn't sure if I was reading it right. I am probably just going to wait then because I don't have anything going on until after the beginning of the year that they need to see it yet. I wish they would have said something since I just did this a couple weeks ago. OH well:confused3

I am registered with the gift card already in my posession, nothing is on it yet... but what is this email and what is it saying?? Does anyone mind posting the info so that I can make sure that I get it changed if needed. I don't plan on sending out the invites until early Jan so it will hopefully work out.

i hope i am allowed to post this! this is the email i received
"Greetings from Disney's Fairy Tale Honeymoons,

We hope you are enjoying all the excitement and planning around your upcoming Honeymoon. We wanted to take this time to share some exciting news regarding Disney's Honeymoon Registry. Our team is working on enhancing this tool with some exciting new features. In addition to these new tools, we will give more couples the chance to use Disney's Honeymoon Registry with the expansion to include additional destinations.

For couples who created a Disney's Honeymoon Registry account prior to August 18, 2011:

The registry account you currently use will remain active until the end of December 2011. You will have full ability to alter your registry and share it with your friends and family. If your gifting period falls within these dates, you will not have to create a new account. If you want to have friends and family access your Registry after December, you will be able to re-register and enjoy the brand new features of our new Disney's Honeymoon Registry tool! Also, we wanted to let you know that your Disney Gift Card for Disney's Fairy Tale Honeymoons has no expiration date and can be used at valid locations after December 2011.

For those planning your Disney's Fairy Tale Honeymoon in 2012, we wanted to give you a sneak peak at some of the exciting enhancements to this tool:

Customizable wedding website, e-mail wizard, Facebook and Twitter 'upload tool' and photo albums to share with friends and family
Online "Thank you" tracker so none of your thank you notes are forgotten
Downloadable announcement cards, bridal shower games and more to help you spread the word about your Disney's Honeymoon Registry

With these updates, Disneyland® Resort, Adventures by Disney, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa in Hawai'i will be able to compile a wish list of experiences to create your ideal honeymoon. Please check back in October 2011 to create your account and start dreaming!

With this tool and a little help from your friends and family, you can create your own unique experience to celebration your happily ever after.

Happily Ever After,

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons"

Thanks for posting this! I didn't get this email :confused: We registered before August 18th but our wedding isnt until March 24th... Keep us posted if you hear anything else! Thanks again

Thanks for posting this! I didn't get this email :confused: We registered before August 18th but our wedding isnt until March 24th... Keep us posted if you hear anything else! Thanks again

Same here... With the exception of our wedding June 18th... Looks like we will have to re-register and get a new gift card... Hope it's the same just married one that I have now! I just love it!!! :love:

I really need to call them and see how this will effect me--- my wedding is January 6th!!! :(

You can still use your registry until the end of the year and everything on your gift card will remain there even after that time. Do you think a lot of people will wait until the days before the wedding to make purchases?? If so, you might want to switch in October when the new one comes out.

You can still use your registry until the end of the year and everything on your gift card will remain there even after that time. Do you think a lot of people will wait until the days before the wedding to make purchases?? If so, you might want to switch in October when the new one comes out.

For me, my wedding isn't until June. I know my bridal shower *the main reason i am doing the registry* won't be until after the new year, so I don't have much to worry about. I will just wait to announce it and use the new one.. hoping she can do the same!

Ah, okay, I guess I was needlessly confused. My bridal shower is next weekend, so hopefully I get SOMETHING on it then--- and then I will switch in October. Thank you!

Same here... With the exception of our wedding June 18th... Looks like we will have to re-register and get a new gift card... Hope it's the same just married one that I have now! I just love it!!! :love:

Oh I know! I fell in love with the card when we got it. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Oh sure they go and make it better AFTER I get married. Oh well. The changed sound awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter