• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing Tables in Baby Care Centers

jeni16

DIS Veteran
Are the changing tables/areas in the Baby Care Centers better than in the restrooms? DS doesn't really like to lay down on the fold down ones in the bathrooms. Just trying to decide if it will be best to track down the Baby Care Centers in each park or just use the regular restrooms.

Thanks!

Yes! The Baby Care Centers are amazing. The changing tables are large and clean! There are clean "papers" to use for each child. I would highly recommend using the baby care centers. And the CM are wonderful! My kids are 5 & 7 and we still use the Center each night to wash up & change into jammies. Wonderful facilities.

The Baby Care Center is awesome but I wouldn't backtrack to one to change a diaper. I would just use a regular bathroom. The only place I can remember seeing a fold down changing table is in Downtown Disney. Everywhere else they are built in.

Most of them are the "shelf" kind, not the fold down kind (plenty of room for a toddler even).

I feel like the baby care centers were more like the standing shelf ones you'd have in your house and I feel like they were smaller than the regular bathroom ones. I always used the baby care center if I was nearby (they're generally quieter) but wouldn't backtrack.

Also, all the mens rooms have changing tables too so don't let the men in your party tell you otherwise!!

I don't remember any of the changing tables in the restrooms being the fold down kind, but it's been awhile since I had to use them.

Thanks everyone! That's nice to hear. Should make that part of the trip go better if we don't have a tantrum every time we change a diaper. 2 year olds...

And really?!?! Men's bathrooms have changing tables too. I would have never guessed :) They've got to be the cleanest around. Maybe that will be my selling point to DH.....

Thanks everyone! That's nice to hear. Should make that part of the trip go better if we don't have a tantrum every time we change a diaper. 2 year olds...

And really?!?! Men's bathrooms have changing tables too. I would have never guessed :) They've got to be the cleanest around. Maybe that will be my selling point to DH.....

And there's never a line, unlike the woman's bathroom! My DH changed our DS 95% of the time. :)

Here's a website that shows pictures of the bathrooms. http://www.cassworld.ca/bathrooms.htm

My son was 10 months our first trip and I sent (then) DH in to change him. Another family spotted them coming out of the bathroom (DS having obviously just been changed as he held the changing pad and wipes container in his hand) and the woman started YELLING at her hubby, "YOU LIED AND SAID THERE WERE NO CHANGING TABLES IN THE MENS ROOM!!"

I tell anyone I can after that experience, lol.

If you are near the babycare centers, I would use them just because they have numerous changing tables. The bathrooms tend to have only one or two changing tables and there are often lines. I wouldn't go out of my way to get to the baby care center to change a diaper, but if you are nearby, I would use them.

When DS was about 2, we learned how to change while he stood up. This made the changing table a non-issue. ;-)

Also, all the mens rooms have changing tables too so don't let the men in your party tell you otherwise!!

Hey - be careful what you're saying here. We don't want that secret getting around! :rotfl2: just kidding!

Thanks everyone for sharing all of your opinions on the changing tables. I've made a list of where the Baby Care centers are in all of the parks & will use them if I'm close, otherwise, I'll just use the regular bathrooms.

I've changed him a time or two standing up so will do this too if there is a long line or he's having a fit, as long as he's just wet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter