Changing someone's last name on ressie

CarolinaBlue

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good<br><font
We're cruising in December. I haven't paid the balance yet (due the end of the month). We booked this cruise onboard over a year ago. Oldest dd got married last week. She is still going on the cruise because her dh is being deployed to Afghanistan, so she will be with us. I guess we have to change her last name on the ressie because she is changing her name on her DL. I'm not sure how to do this. Can this be done online, or do I have to call DCL? Will we have to provide any type of proof (marriage license, etc.) in order to have it changed on the ressie?

CarolinaBlue said:
We're cruising in December. I haven't paid the balance yet (due the end of the month). We booked this cruise onboard over a year ago. Oldest dd got married last week. She is still going on the cruise because her dh is being deployed to Afghanistan, so she will be with us. I guess we have to change her last name on the ressie because she is changing her name on her DL. I'm not sure how to do this. Can this be done online, or do I have to call DCL? Will we have to provide any type of proof (marriage license, etc.) in order to have it changed on the ressie?
No problem. I had the same thing, made the reservation then got married. I just called and told them and they took care of it. But, please double check online a few days latter. I had to call a second time because it was never reflected online. The second call did the trick and it was changed. Hopfully you'll only need to call once. :)

Does she have a passport? And if so, will she be changing the name on the passport?

Name on the ressie will need to match the name on the passport or other photo ID, but they used to accept things like a marriage license to explain differences. If all her documentation will be in her married name, the easiest thing is to change the reservation to the married name. My suggestion--call DCL (or TA if you used one) and find out exactly how THEY want this handled. It is much better to clear it up now rather than at the last minute.

kcashner said:
Does she have a passport? And if so, will she be changing the name on the passport?

Name on the ressie will need to match the name on the passport or other photo ID, but they used to accept things like a marriage license to explain differences. If all her documentation will be in her married name, the easiest thing is to change the reservation to the married name. My suggestion--call DCL (or TA if you used one) and find out exactly how THEY want this handled. It is much better to clear it up now rather than at the last minute.

Passport-if she has one there is a form you can download for a name change. She would need to send in a marrage licence for that but they send it back. I had my passport for less than a year so it was free to have the name changed. I just had to send in a new photo. HTH

Since she will be changing her name on her driver's license, I think she will probably need to change her name on her passport, too. Of course, this will be another expense, lol. We already have to get dd(18)'s passport renewed, as it will expire in October.

Thanks for the help! I will call DCL and ask the best way to handle this. Maybe they will accept the passport in her maiden name along with a certified copy of her marriage license. I'll post an update.

CarolinaBlue said:
Since she will be changing her name on her driver's license, I think she will probably need to change her name on her passport, too. Of course, this will be another expense, lol. We already have to get dd(18)'s passport renewed, as it will expire in October.

Thanks for the help! I will call DCL and ask the best way to handle this. Maybe they will accept the passport in her maiden name along with a certified copy of her marriage license. I'll post an update.

If she uses a passport with her maiden name then just leave that name on the reservation. No reason to change it. I changed my name on my passport so I called and changed the name on my reservation ans it was no issue.

My daughter had gotten married in May and was sailing in July. There was not enough time to change her passport to her married name. At the recommendation of DCL she sailed using her maiden name. Once she was home she changed everything to her married name.

If she uses a passport with her maiden name then just leave that name on the reservation. No reason to change it. I changed my name on my passport so I called and changed the name on my reservation ans it was no issue.

But she's changing her name on her driver's license. Won't the name on the reservation have to match the name on the driver's license?

But she's changing her name on her driver's license. Won't the name on the reservation have to match the name on the driver's license?

THey only look at your passport when checking in, I have never had them look at my DL before.

The name on the reservation must match the name on whatever ID she's using. If she's using birth certificate & drivers license for ID, then that's what it should match. If she's using a passport for ID, then that's what it should match.

:cutie:

THey only look at your passport when checking in, I have never had them look at my DL before.

If someone is using birth certificate & drivers license for ID, they they would check the driver's license. Not everyone has a passport.

If someone is using birth certificate & drivers license for ID, they they would check the driver's license. Not everyone has a passport.

well, that's what I meant to say IF she is using a passport, my only concern is when you get back on the ship you would need the i.d. to match, so you can use passport but DL wouldnt match Key card.

Her name on the reservation needs to match the ID she uses for the cruise. If she is using her passport the name on the reservation needs to match her passport. If she is using a drives licence and birth certificate the name on the reservation needs to match the drivers licence. The names need to match.

*note, a married woman's name does NOT have to match her BC.

well, that's what I meant to say IF she is using a passport, my only concern is when you get back on the ship you would need the i.d. to match, so you can use passport but DL wouldnt match Key card.

You can use your passport when getting on and off the ship though.

I guess that's where I was getting confused. I've always used my DL when getting back on the ship. I never carry my passport off the ship when going ashore.

I should've asked earlier, but on this cruise we're stopping in St. Thomas (US Virgin Islands) and Puerto Rico. If something happened and we had to fly back to the States, would we need a passport to reenter from one of these US territories?

CarolinaBlue said:
I guess that's where I was getting confused. I've always used my DL when getting back on the ship. I never carry my passport off the ship when going ashore.

I should've asked earlier, but on this cruise we're stopping in St. Thomas (US Virgin Islands) and Puerto Rico. If something happened and we had to fly back to the States, would we need a passport to reenter from one of these US territories?

No, you would not need a passport to fly from there. However you never know where you may end up. My recomendation is to get her a new passport and DL. My passport with my new name only took 12 days.

If she has a passport, the name on the passport will need to match the name on the reservation. No need for DL if she has passport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter