• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing sleeping assignments at port?

canyoncam

original Bambi &Thumper
Has anyone done this? I called DCL and they said we could. I made these reservations 2 years ago and things have changed (don't worry...we all still get along) I know that once your are on the ship it doesn't matter how you sleep. But if you don't have a key to the room you are sleeping in that makes it hard. Plus if you just swap keys and one is underage you can't order a drink with that one. Not a big concern but an inconvenience.

So DCL said once you get to port they can change the keys to work with the rooms you want to sleep in. And the reason I can't change the arrangements now is because with their computers it wants to charge us a penalty since we are just 22 days out:cool1:

Thanks for any input!

It is very easy to do this at Guest Services after you board the ship. GS can issue new keys so each person has a key to the room they will actually sleep in.

In addition, if desired, they can issue a "mom key" so if kids are in one cabin and parents are in another, mom has a spare key to the kid cabin. In our case, I had the blue Goofy key, so they issued me a white "Donald" Mom key so I could easily tell which key worked where.

It is very easy to do this at Guest Services after you board the ship. GS can issue new keys so each person has a key to the room they will actually sleep in.

In addition, if desired, they can issue a "mom key" so if kids are in one cabin and parents are in another, mom has a spare key to the kid cabin. In our case, I had the blue Goofy key, so they issued me a white "Donald" Mom key so I could easily tell which key worked where.

Thanks for a quick reply. I think we are on the same cruise:)

Just a few more questions.

I don't have to do this in terminal but can wait til onboard at GS?

How about luggage? We have our tags so should we just put the tags on for room matching where we want to sleep?

Does this affect any OBC or % off?

Your luggage will be delivered to the room number on the tag--thus it is easier if you put the number where you want the bag to go.

You can definitely do it at GS on the ship. Some people have reported doing it at the terminal, others have had to wait and go to GS. It might depend on how busy they are at the terminal (?)

It doesn't affect what you paid for the cabins, discounts, etc. It is VERY easy if you do it at GS on board. Since each KTTW is already tied to it's own pay source, there is no problem with onboard charges either.

OBC is usually tied to the lead name on a cabin. You guys might have to work this out between yourselves. If you mean the 10% off in the gift shop, this is noted on the KTTW card of gold and Platinum CC members--it is a benefit per person, not per cabin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter