Changing rooms

akl-fan

DIS Veteran
My DH, DD (1) and I have a 2 bed lockoff value villa at AKV booked for a week in September. We need a two bed as my DM and DD are joining us for the week. However when they leave we have 5 nights in a 1 bed lock of value villa. My question is what is the chance that we will be allowed to stay in the 1 bed section and not be moved to another 1 bed.
I have put a request in with MS to link the reservations but I have no faith that we will not have to move.
Does anyone have any experience?
Thanks in advance
Katrina

I believe you can only link reservations that are the same such as 1 bed room to 1 bedroom. I would remind them when you check in. I have done the same thing and not had to move, but I also knew that was not guaranteed. I also went down early on my check in day and explained it again when checking in for the second half of our stay. After all Disney does not want to have to clean the 1 bed as a change of if not needed.

Denise in MI

Odds are really impossible to predict. Since lockoff units are a studio and one bedroom, it will depend upon the configuration of incoming reservations on the day your reservation changes. If they need the unit to fill a two bedroom reservation, you may need to move.

My DH, DD (1) and I have a 2 bed lockoff value villa at AKV booked for a week in September. We need a two bed as my DM and DD are joining us for the week. However when they leave we have 5 nights in a 1 bed lock of value villa. My question is what is the chance that we will be allowed to stay in the 1 bed section and not be moved to another 1 bed.
I have put a request in with MS to link the reservations but I have no faith that we will not have to move.
Does anyone have any experience?
Thanks in advance
Katrina
If you're willing to forego the cleaning and do some planning, you're adds are very good. You will need to check in again on the change day. Make sure they note the request on BOTH reservations and tell them again on check in. Then EARLY (like 6 am), go to the front desk on the change day and tell you them you need to check in and that you want to stay in the same 1 BR. I'd say your odds as described (having a 2 BR lockoff of the same view type) are over 95%. I've done it several times. The trick is to make sure you have things that match up (lockoff, same view, etc) and to do the planning and put forth the effort on your part. OTOH, if you make the request up front but then sit back and await what happens, your chances are likely no better than 50/50.

Thanks for the responses.....
I was wondering the same thing.
We have a 1 bedroom boardwalk view for one night (DH & I) and then a 2 bedroom boardwalk view for the next night when my sister/BIL come in.
The next day we leave for a cruise at Port Canaveral. I was hoping to keep the same room and have them just open up the studio next door for the 2nd night.
I do have the same reservation number for both days.......
Thanks - Karen

Thanks for the responses.....
I was wondering the same thing.
We have a 1 bedroom boardwalk view for one night (DH & I) and then a 2 bedroom boardwalk view for the next night when my sister/BIL come in.
The next day we leave for a cruise at Port Canaveral. I was hoping to keep the same room and have them just open up the studio next door for the 2nd night.
I do have the same reservation number for both days.......
Thanks - Karen
If you're 1 BR is a lockoff (likely is with the same reservation #), then see my thoughts above. If the 1 BR is a dedicated unit, you have almost zero chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter