Changing Rooms: Same resort, different category

WDWstu

Mouseketeer
I have a package starting on Oct 26th at CBR. But now we can arrive a day earlier on the 25th. Problem is CBR does not have any regular rooms available on the 25th on the package so I would have to book a Room Only in a Water/Pool View room. On the phone they told me because my package is for a regular room, then I would have to change rooms on the 26th.

Anyone ever have an experience where they kept you in the same room even though your first room was an upgraded room?

It would be worth it to pay the 240 for the first night in the water view if I could stay there for the week and not have to move. Then we can start our vaca and just go. But if I will have to go and check in again on the 26th and change rooms, then I might as well stay off property at a holiday inn or whatever for much cheaper that first night. We don't plan on going to the parks on the 25 or 26th. They are just pool days anyway.

We haven't had any luck in the past 2 years. We've always had to check out and check back in. They do make the process easier by transporting your luggage and shuttling you.

Have you looked at expedia or travelocity for that one night? Maybe a third party has those rooms blocked off. I just can't imagine they are booked up! And aren't there more standard rooms than water view rooms?

We haven't had any luck in the past 2 years. We've always had to check out and check back in. They do make the process easier by transporting your luggage and shuttling you.

Have you looked at expedia or travelocity for that one night? Maybe a third party has those rooms blocked off. I just can't imagine they are booked up! And aren't there more standard rooms than water view rooms?

I checked them. CBR is booked up. It was the free dining moderate resort. So it booked up fast. Who would have though it would have been so hard to try to give them more money to stay an extra night!

Oh well. I just booked the Hilton at Bonnet Creek. It was 122 dollars. We will just stay there over night, get up, have breakfast and then head over to CBR and hangout at the pool until we can check in. Does not make sense to pay an extra 120 dollars just for a place to sleep that night!

I have a package starting on Oct 26th at CBR. But now we can arrive a day earlier on the 25th. Problem is CBR does not have any regular rooms available on the 25th on the package so I would have to book a Room Only in a Water/Pool View room. On the phone they told me because my package is for a regular room, then I would have to change rooms on the 26th.

Anyone ever have an experience where they kept you in the same room even though your first room was an upgraded room?

It would be worth it to pay the 240 for the first night in the water view if I could stay there for the week and not have to move. Then we can start our vaca and just go. But if I will have to go and check in again on the 26th and change rooms, then I might as well stay off property at a holiday inn or whatever for much cheaper that first night. We don't plan on going to the parks on the 25 or 26th. They are just pool days anyway.

Since the reservations are for two different room categories, you will have to check out on the 26th and check in for the package as well as change rooms. You could always try upgrading the package to a water view to include that extra night so it's all one reservation, but otherwise, I wouldn't count on being able to stay in the water view for the package.

I checked them. CBR is booked up. It was the free dining moderate resort. So it booked up fast. Who would have though it would have been so hard to try to give them more money to stay an extra night!

Oh well. I just booked the Hilton at Bonnet Creek. It was 122 dollars. We will just stay there over night, get up, have breakfast and then head over to CBR and hangout at the pool until we can check in. Does not make sense to pay an extra 120 dollars just for a place to sleep that night!

You can check in at 6:30 or 7:00 a.m., but your room may not be ready that early. They will hold your luggage if you want to go to a park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter